Wyoming/BYU - Cowboys

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

There were two major reasons the Cowboys lost their game today to the Cougars. The first one is that we couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a # 10 scoop shovel from the 3 point line today. The second reason I put directly on the shoulders of the officials and ultimately in the MWC conference office for allowing this type of bad, bad, bad, officiating to go on in this conference. Travis Nelson played a little over 6 minutes of this game and fouled out with 5 fouls. Three of those fouls should not have been called - one of them was when Plaisted had the ball and was backing into Nelson. Nelson then backed off a step to avoid another foul being called on him and Plaisted fell down because Nelson backed up. You don't believe it? Watch the replay of the game - it happened in the second half. If these officials would have called the fouls on Plaisted like they did on Nelson, Plaisted would have fouled out in the first half. It's time someone told it like it is about the officiating in this conference. Another gripe I have is the pathetic attendance at the game today.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Another reason might be that the bigs - Nelson and Linskens - inside players, mind you - right at the basket - accounted for (count 'em) no, zero, nada, zilch - rebounds.

One particular pathetic play was Nelson with his arms up in the paint watching a shot by the man he was defending go off the back of the rim. Instead of turning to follow the shot. he remained stationary with his arms up facing the shooter as the ball went into the shooters hands and, this time back into the basket.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I think Nelson was so afraid of getting another foul called on himself that he was afraid to move. In 6 minutes, you don't have much time to do much rebounding or anything else if the officials are calling a foul every time you try to rebound, shoot, or guard somebody. Shroyer was complaining about the officiating so much that the officials warned him if he didn't shut up they would call a technical on the Wyoming bench. He can't publicly criticize the officiating or he would get fined or suspended. It's time somebody raises so much hell about this that something is done about it. BYU will probably get into the NCAA tourney this year, but they will probably once again be one and done because they won't have the officials helping them out. Is the MWC office so stupid as to not see what long term damage this is doing to our conference?
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
cbeditor
Buckaroo

He can't complain about the officating, but he sure wanted to. You could see it all over his face in the postgame press conference.

"It's very, very frustrating," he said. "I'll just leave it at that."
Kansan Cowboy!
Ranch Hand

Of Course BYU gets help. How should I put this to not offend anyone... Their Morman! They practically own the conference, and the MTN. network. Have you ever noticed how about 85% of everything shown on the MTN. is either BYU or Utah. Then when something about wyoming comes on, it's during the day when everyones at work. It's annoying! Seriously, how is BYU so good every year at home? It's not normal. Wyoming can typically beat BYU in laramie and then get blown out in Provo. It's typical. I remember a few years ago, we beat BYU by 14 in Laramie, and went to provo, and got blown out by like 23 points.
Seriously other than the fact that they are one of the largest schools in the conference they always seem to be so great. How is it possible?
I've actually been keeping track of fouls in the wyo-byu games and in the last four years it's come down to this. Wyoming 183- BYU 107. That's a big difference.