EXTENSION

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

Hell, after this stellar year, I would be really suprised if Burman doesnt give his butt buddy another extention.

Burman is a douche bag who hired a boy to do a mans job. Burman wasnt ready for this job and he sure as hell doesnt deserve it. The basketball team is obvious. Just because he is from Wyoming, and worked in fund raising for the University sure as hell doesnt make him an AD. Buchanan is just as much fault as all the douche bag's that raved over Burmans hiring. Especially for those who said that Burman was a Wyoming guy who could turn things around. WTF? Just because he is a WYO grad doesnt make him anything. But, all you sports rocket scientists out there sure as hell got what you wanted.

Schroyer is a loser....always has been and always will be. He rode Mac's coat tails till he got run off by Bucky Mac. Had a losing record as a head coach and bailed on that program cause he knew he would get run off. Then along comes his buddy Burman to hire him to send the program into the crapper. CONGRAD'S to all those who championed him as a great hire (and most of you did, you just refuse to admit it now).

By the way, not defending Bucky Mac. He needed to go. The only thing I didnt like was how he was treated and fired. I thought the U of W had more class than that. But Burman gets involved and things go crazy. JUST LIKE THE MENS BASKETBALL TEAM.

enough said
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

one-smooth-poke wrote:Hell, after this stellar year, I would be really suprised if Burman doesnt give his butt buddy another extention.

Burman is a douche bag who hired a boy to do a mans job. Burman wasnt ready for this job and he sure as hell doesnt deserve it. The basketball team is obvious. Just because he is from Wyoming, and worked in fund raising for the University sure as hell doesnt make him an AD. Buchanan is just as much fault as all the douche bag's that raved over Burmans hiring. Especially for those who said that Burman was a Wyoming guy who could turn things around. WTF? Just because he is a WYO grad doesnt make him anything. But, all you sports rocket scientists out there sure as hell got what you wanted.

Schroyer is a loser....always has been and always will be. He rode Mac's coat tails till he got run off by Bucky Mac. Had a losing record as a head coach and bailed on that program cause he knew he would get run off. Then along comes his buddy Burman to hire him to send the program into the crapper. CONGRAD'S to all those who championed him as a great hire (and most of you did, you just refuse to admit it now).

By the way, not defending Bucky Mac. He needed to go. The only thing I didnt like was how he was treated and fired. I thought the U of W had more class than that. But Burman gets involved and things go crazy. JUST LIKE THE MENS BASKETBALL TEAM.

enough said
He did hire DC for Football, and if I am not mistaken, the wrestling coach as well. So I wouldn't call him completely incompetant.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 155 times

fromolwyoming wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:Hell, after this stellar year, I would be really suprised if Burman doesnt give his butt buddy another extention.

enough said
He did hire DC for Football, and if I am not mistaken, the wrestling coach as well. So I wouldn't call him completely incompetant.
I agree. He's done pretty good with some hires. He needs to just come out and tell us that he made a mistake with the basketball team. Then he needs to fires his buddy. He should then give a percentage of his salary to compensate for paying schroyer. After all, his job is running athletics department. If you were running a business, and made a mistake, you'd have to eat it. Therefore he should eat some of it. or just it!
W-Y, Until I Die!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

i dont like Schoryer but we have had some good hirers but every program looks like its on the up swing except mens basketball u cant hit 1.000
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

gopokes1399 wrote:i dont like Schoryer but we have had some good hirers but every program looks like its on the up swing except mens basketball u cant hit 1.000
Yeah, but B-ball was (and I stress "was") the second biggest money maker for UW athletics, behind football, and had a much higher tradition of being a very tough place to play. As the year has gone on, it looks to be about as tough as Junior High Basketball. Now Women's B-ball and even Wrestling are looking to overcome men's b-ball. Not a bad thing for the other two to be on the upswing, but REALLY sucks for men's hoops.
Portlandpoke
Buckaroo

I keep seeing comments about how he has done such great hires like Wrestling. Seriously, does anybody really give a poop about wrestling. Come on! Christensen beat one team with a winning record this season. Let's not get ahead of ourselves with the praise for Burman. Although, I am hoping DC prevails and get us back at the top of the conference but he has a lot of hard work ahead. It is time for Burman to admit he screwed up and cut his buddy loose and do them both a favor. Here is too next season Go Pokes.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 35 times

Portlandpoke wrote:I keep seeing comments about how he has done such great hires like Wrestling. Seriously, does anybody really give a s##t about wrestling. Come on! .
Aye! They will be WWC champions after next weekend. They will sweep the WWC dual schedule this year. Success by the truckload and getting better.
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 241 times

Portlandpoke wrote:I keep seeing comments about how he has done such great hires like Wrestling. Seriously, does anybody really give a s##t about wrestling. Come on!
You obviously have never competed in wrestling. I as long as many others who have and have not competed really appreciate the sport and the athletes. You sound like a big ass when you say such ridiculous things about one of the most difficult sports. Go to a single wrestling practice and see if your views change.
Portlandpoke
Buckaroo

Actually, I very much respect wrestling. 1. It is not televised 2. It does not bring in revenue. I understand it is by far the most difficult and grueling sport that we have. My point is who cares because it is not on TV and has very piss poor marketing from the NCAA. I am all about us having a good Wrestling program, but in the great scheme of things no one gives a poop if we have a good Wrestling program at UW because it is not a big time NCAA sport. To say Burman has done a great job by hiring a great Wrestling coach is absurd. Please let me know when college wrestling is a featured sport and it is on prime time and I will start giving a poop along with the rest of the country. I can guarantee you there is only a handful of people in the entire United States which can actually claim they know of one name of a NCAA wrestler on any team in the United States. Let give Burman a raise because our Wrestling team wins a duel with Cal State Fullerton. Yipee
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 126 times

Portlandpoke wrote:I keep seeing comments about how he has done such great hires like Wrestling. Seriously, does anybody really give a s##t about wrestling. Come on! Christensen beat one team with a winning record this season. Let's not get ahead of ourselves with the praise for Burman. Although, I am hoping DC prevails and get us back at the top of the conference but he has a lot of hard work ahead. It is time for Burman to admit he screwed up and cut his buddy loose and do them both a favor. Here is too next season Go Pokes.
I honestly agree. Hey! We are wrestling champions...WOO HOO Mother Effers! Let's burn down the Buck! Honestly...wrestling? Wrestling is not even a MWC sport. Hell, there are more MWC teams that play mens tennis than wrestling. WWC who? What? I get that they are tough SOB's and all...and I respect their individual efforts, ethics, and achievements...but Vision Quest was a movie from the 80's. Wait. Maybe Burman (an 80's kid) is "behind the scenes" in love with that movie.

If we didn't have wrestling, we could piss funds away on baseball maybe? That would generate more $$ right? Isn't that what this is all about (and Title IX)? Or how about revenue from having a UW Hockey Team? That would make some money, right? What about Alpine skiing? Rugby? CSewe picked up water polo...why not UW Baseball, Hockey, or Skiing?

Point being...outside of Football, and Men's Hoops (and in some years / instances Women's Hoops)...the rest just takes up money, space, and time. :o
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 144 times
Been liked: 155 times

McPeachy wrote:
Portlandpoke wrote:I keep seeing comments about how he has done such great hires like Wrestling. Seriously, does anybody really give a s##t about wrestling. Come on! Christensen beat one team with a winning record this season. Let's not get ahead of ourselves with the praise for Burman. Although, I am hoping DC prevails and get us back at the top of the conference but he has a lot of hard work ahead. It is time for Burman to admit he screwed up and cut his buddy loose and do them both a favor. Here is too next season Go Pokes.
I honestly agree. Hey! We are wrestling champions...WOO HOO Mother Effers! Let's burn down the Buck! Honestly...wrestling? Wrestling is not even a MWC sport. Hell, there are more MWC teams that play mens tennis than wrestling. WWC who? What? I get that they are tough SOB's and all...and I respect their individual efforts, ethics, and achievements...but Vision Quest was a movie from the 80's. Wait. Maybe Burman (an 80's kid) is "behind the scenes" in love with that movie.

If we didn't have wrestling, we could piss funds away on baseball maybe? That would generate more $$ right? Isn't that what this is all about (and Title IX)? Or how about revenue from having a UW Hockey Team? That would make some money, right? What about Alpine skiing? Rugby? CSewe picked up water polo...why not UW Baseball, Hockey, or Skiing?

Point being...outside of Football, and Men's Hoops (and in some years / instances Women's Hoops)...the rest just takes up money, space, and time. :o
I agree to some extent. It's nice to have a good wrestling program, it adds points to an AD, but won't get him fired if it stinks. Also, I think a UW hockey program, after time, could and should resemble a DU hockey program. How does DU have such great hockey and not basketball (although didn't they beat schroyer?).
And for the state that includes Jackson Hole not to have a ski team is ridiculous. How many kids of ski patrolers could we recruit?

Schroyer needs to be canned. Not just for a pathetic team, but for losing so many players. How many years of recruiting are lost when these kids leave? Too many.
W-Y, Until I Die!