How do you feel about the QB position

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:20 pm
TheRealUW wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:49 pm

Very disappointing news. I’m someone who is very high on Svoboda, but even if he is the second coming of Josh Allen, our backup is very likely to see the field for a significant amount of time at some point in this coming season. Right now that is Clemons. We’ve seen what he offers, and I am not convinced he has what it takes to lead us anywhere near a conference championship.

I was hoping Carson May would come in and challenge for that back up role. What a fall for that young man - from a 4 star recruit and an offer from a Big 10 school to not even being able to crack the top 3 QB’s at a passing inept school like UW.
I've seen the kid throw and am with you. Feel bad for him. I thought he was better. A few almost hoping he'd fail because they don't like me. The staff put him at 4 for a reason. We'll see if the qb gurus are right and we're sitting on the next #1 draft pick. I missed on May at WYO so we'll see if the Svoboda crowd is right. The difference is that I hope they are right.
I’ve seen literally no one project Svoboda as a draft pick at this point, let alone a a first rounder.

Svoboda’s arm talent is an elite level. But there is a lot more that goes into it. I’m excited because I’ve only seen one other QB at Wyoming with this type of arm (Allen). I think it will be an exciting year if Svoboda can stay healthy but that in itself is a challenge. But if he does play to a high level, I’m doubtful we can keep him for another year. I’m also excited for Gyllenborg, he does seem like an NFL talent to me.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:10 pm

I've seen the kid throw and am with you. Feel bad for him. I thought he was better. A few almost hoping he'd fail because they don't like me. The staff put him at 4 for a reason. We'll see if the qb gurus are right and we're sitting on the next #1 draft pick. I missed on May at WYO so we'll see if the Svoboda crowd is right. The difference is that I hope they are right.
I’ve seen literally no one project Svoboda as a draft pick at this point, let alone a a first rounder.

Svoboda’s arm talent is an elite level. But there is a lot more that goes into it. I’m excited because I’ve only seen one other QB at Wyoming with this type of arm (Allen). I think it will be an exciting year if Svoboda can stay healthy but that in itself is a challenge. But if he does play to a high level, I’m doubtful we can keep him for another year. I’m also excited for Gyllenborg, he does seem like an NFL talent to me.
Just agreeing with you. We'll probably lose Svoboda to the draft.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:37 pm

Why do you always make up poop that no one ever says?
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

TheRealUW wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:49 pm

Very disappointing news. I’m someone who is very high on Svoboda, but even if he is the second coming of Josh Allen, our backup is very likely to see the field for a significant amount of time at some point in this coming season. Right now that is Clemons. We’ve seen what he offers, and I am not convinced he has what it takes to lead us anywhere near a conference championship.

I was hoping Carson May would come in and challenge for that back up role. What a fall for that young man - from a 4 star recruit and an offer from a Big 10 school to not even being able to crack the top 3 QB’s at a passing inept school like UW.
Damn dude, it's getting real tiresome to read your posts around these parts
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:09 am

There's an ignore button.

Besides, just jumping on the hype bandwagon. We've caught lightning in a bottle. I'm expecting to run roughshod over most of the schedule.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:25 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:37 pm

Why do you always make up poop that no one ever says?
He makes nfl-level throws. We're lucky a big program didn't offer him big money likely because he was named starter. Unfortunately after he lights it up this year, we won't keep him from the draft. Imagine 2 top qb picks from WYO!? It should really help with recruiting.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:46 am
Poke in New England wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:09 am

Besides, just jumping on the hype bandwagon. We've caught lightning in a bottle. I'm expecting to run roughshod over most of the schedule.
Ignore button? can you point me to that one?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:08 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:46 am

Go to your user profile. Select manage friends and foes. Add me to your foes. Solves all your problems.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:14 am
Poke in New England wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:08 am

Go to your user profile. Select manage friends and foes. Add me to your foes. Solves all your problems.
What does friends do?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

307bball wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:24 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:14 am

What does friends do?
I'm not sure.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

[/quote
Far more likely if any Wyoming player shows they have NFL level talent, they will enter the portal at the end of the season .
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

doreno5 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:17 pm
Far more likely if any Wyoming player shows they have NFL level talent, they will enter the portal at the end of the season .
Yes. It’s a strange situation…especially for QBs. Outside of NFL first rounders, there is now more money to be made by quarterbacks through the portal than the draft.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm
doreno5 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:17 pm
Yes. It’s a strange situation…especially for QBs. Outside of NFL first rounders, there is now more money to be made by quarterbacks through the portal than the draft.
It is a strange market indeed. Arch Manning, the highly touted freshman QB for the Texas Longhorns will make $3.2 million this coming year. That is significantly more than Brock Purdy will make as a starting NFL QB. Manning has only taken a handful of snaps for the Longhorns in garbage time this past season and is slated to do the same this season as he sits behind Ewers for another year.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 241 times

Hopefully this means Anderson pushed him out, meaning Anderson is legit.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:34 pm Hopefully this means Anderson pushed him out, meaning Anderson is legit.
Clemons is taking the 2nd team reps and appears to be the backup at this point. I’d say we already know what Clemons brings at the position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:39 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:34 pm Hopefully this means Anderson pushed him out, meaning Anderson is legit.
Clemons is taking the 2nd team reps and appears to be the backup at this point. I’d say we already know what Clemons brings at the position.
I wouldn't look too much into Clemons being backup. That being said, I still don't think he's thaaaaat bad. He was 7/11 1 TD against CSU with QBR or 94 followed by 3/16 3 INT QBR 2.4 against Boise. Peasley went 10/20 1 TD and 1 INT QBR 11.4 against Boise this year. Clemons being backup was in a much more difficult position. I still don't think he's as bad as we all make him out to be just because he tried to hero that ball into the endzone. That being said, I hope Anderson can take over the backup spot by the end of fall camp but I doubt that happens. Clemons will get the edge due to his game time experience unless the gap is gigantic. I think it'll say a lot about Anderson's talent if he takes the backup spot but doesn't necessarily say much if he doesn't.
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:49 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:39 pm

I wouldn't look too much into Clemons being backup. That being said, I still don't think he's thaaaaat bad. He was 7/11 1 TD against CSU with QBR or 94 followed by 3/16 3 INT QBR 2.4 against Boise. Peasley went 10/20 1 TD and 1 INT QBR 11.4 against Boise this year. Clemons being backup was in a much more difficult position. I still don't think he's as bad as we all make him out to be just because he tried to hero that ball into the endzone. That being said, I hope Anderson can take over the backup spot by the end of fall camp but I doubt that happens. Clemons will get the edge due to his game time experience unless the gap is gigantic. I think it'll say a lot about Anderson's talent if he takes the backup spot but doesn't necessarily say much if he doesn't.
I don’t think he’s a Nick Smith level guy. But for Clemens to be effective in a game management type scenario, we will need one heck of a run game. I do suspect there will be times we have to go to the backup for injury. I just hope it isn’t a multiple game situation because then we might be in trouble.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Bohl was the main qb problem. The re-engineered offense will make it easier on all qbs. Lack of passing had nothing to do with talent. We struck gold on the hires and the lid is about to come off the offense.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:42 am Bohl was the main qb problem. The re-engineered offense will make it easier on all qbs. Lack of passing had nothing to do with talent. We struck gold on the hires and the lid is about to come off the offense.
I don’t get your point. It seems repetitive.

No one has said these things other than you sarcastically (over and over). Are you hoping to quote yourself when we don’t put up 40 point a game?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:06 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:42 am Bohl was the main qb problem. The re-engineered offense will make it easier on all qbs. Lack of passing had nothing to do with talent. We struck gold on the hires and the lid is about to come off the offense.
I don’t get your point. It seems repetitive.

No one has said these things other than you sarcastically (over and over). Are you hoping to quote yourself when we don’t put up 40 point a game?
What are you talking about? Bohl made sure the offense ran like it did. It's now a completely new offense with tempo and trying to take advantage of elevation. Sounds like a mix of dc and bohl styles-- we'll know more after the start of the season.