How do you feel about the QB position

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

307bball wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:51 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:40 pm

To be fair, they asked. Again, I don't really care if you like the PBJ coach reference or not.
They did ask....because it needed explanation. Quality jokes, memes and inside references don't require explanation. Perhaps your intention was not to say something that we all understood though. Maybe you just wanted to go on about nepotism? You have made your opinion on this topic very clear.
Very weird. We all who wer’re talking about when “dickface” or “slick-hair sheister” is used because it’s community knowledge. To create your own and then be dumbfounded when no one knows what the f-word you’re talking about is truly bizarre.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:26 am

They did ask....because it needed explanation. Quality jokes, memes and inside references don't require explanation. Perhaps your intention was not to say something that we all understood though. Maybe you just wanted to go on about nepotism? You have made your opinion on this topic very clear.
Very weird. We all who wer’re talking about when “dickface” or “slick-hair sheister” is used because it’s community knowledge. To create your own and then be dumbfounded when no one knows what the f-word you’re talking about is truly bizarre.
Dumbfounded? Both of you greatly overestimate the value of your opinion on the matter.

Once again, he's the PBJ hire to me so PBJ coach. I truly couldn't care less if either of you approve or not.

Just like d!c#face, I'll hope that PBJ coach is wildly successful.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:40 pm

To be fair, they asked. Again, I don't really care if you like the PBJ coach reference or not.
Great. Feel free to ignore PBJ coach references in the future.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:17 am

Dumbfounded? Both of you greatly overestimate the value of your opinion on the matter.

Once again, he's the PBJ hire to me so PBJ coach. I truly couldn't care less if either of you approve or not.

In your campaign to spread awareness, you can change your username to TGWMUPBJC Joe!

You know - the easily identifiable The Guy Who Made Up PBJ Coach Joe.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:25 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:17 am

In your campaign to spread awareness, you can change your username to TGWMUPBJC Joe!

You know - the easily identifiable The Guy Who Made Up PBJ Coach Joe.
I've been called worse. Lol
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Sometimes a poster writes an eloquent turn-of-phrase or idiom that brilliantly clarifies a topic and adds to the discourse....this is not one of those instances.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

307bball wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:24 am

Sometimes a poster writes an eloquent turn-of-phrase or idiom that brilliantly clarifies a topic and adds to the discourse....this is not one of those instances.
Oh no. 307 doesn't like my reference. I'm worried I won't sleep tonight :rofl:

It's semi-ammusing that you seem to care so much. I promise I don't.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:50 am
307bball wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:24 am

like/dislike has no meaning here...better questions: does it make sense?...is it comprehensible? Does it track with the general discussion?

I think I have kept the frame on the coherence of the reference .... not on whether anybody was personally affronted by it or "liked" it. My sense is that you might view the on-topic discussion about the QB position as rather meaningless in the face of (what you are calling) rank nepotistic and corrupt hiring practices. If that is one's opinion...one can drag the conversation in their preferred direction by making a confusing non-sequitur that others will inevitably respond to.

Now...you may or may not feel the way about this that I think you feel...and we can have a "don't care" off to answer the question of who "wins". I think the answer will be ... nobody.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

307bball wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:15 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:50 am

like/dislike has no meaning here...better questions: does it make sense?...is it comprehensible? Does it track with the general discussion?

I think I have kept the frame on the coherence of the reference .... not on whether anybody was personally affronted by it or "liked" it. My sense is that you might view the on-topic discussion about the QB position as rather meaningless in the face of (what you are calling) rank nepotistic and corrupt hiring practices. If that is one's opinion...one can drag the conversation in their preferred direction by making a confusing non-sequitur that others will inevitably respond to.

Now...you may or may not feel the way about this that I think you feel...and we can have a "don't care" off to answer the question of who "wins". I think the answer will be ... nobody.
So you're saying you don't want a PBJ Coach t-shirt?

Lol, or you can simply ignore the PBJ coach reference and continue discussing the qb room.

I think PBJ coach has the position competition opened up more than he's letting on. Mayb not, but I think there's too many questions with each potential QB to be 100% on any of them at this point.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:32 am
307bball wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:15 am

So you're saying you don't want a PBJ Coach t-shirt?

Lol, or you can simply ignore the PBJ coach reference and continue discussing the qb room.

I think PBJ coach has the position competition opened up more than he's letting on. Mayb not, but I think there's too many questions with each potential QB to be 100% on any of them at this point.
Well...you've worn me out. :thumb:
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

According to this, as of today Sawvel likes Jayden Clemons to be the backup.

Carson May not even mentioned.

https://7220sports.com/pokes-practice-r ... -weakness/
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Poke in New England wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:43 am According to this, as of today Sawvel likes Jayden Clemons to be the backup.

Nah. I heard from a local nickname expert that May and Svoboda are neck and neck for the starting gig.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:12 am
Poke in New England wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:43 am According to this, as of today Sawvel likes Jayden Clemons to be the backup.

Nah. I heard from a local nickname expert that May and Svoboda are neck and neck for the starting gig.
Lol, rent free.

Seriously though, I just said that I don't think it's settled 100% and I don't think it will be until about game 3 or so. I think Carson has some skills so we'll see.

PBJ coach said the O was changing and would even have some spread-like formations. We aren't even 100% sure what's going to be asked of the QBs this year. The qb position is the hardest to predict because there's so much more than just physical skills. The qb room is full of guys who haven't really seen many fbs-level snaps; things can look a lot different when that happens.

Of course, we have all the qb experts in here who know without a doubt that we're sitting on the next 1st overall pick in the draft. I hope you're right.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 107 times

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:04 pm
Probably given a realistic assessment. His best bet is probably FCS or D2.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:50 am
Seriously though, I just said that I don't think it's settled 100% and I don't think it will be until about game 3 or so. I think Carson has some skills so we'll see.

Where do you think he takes those skills? My money is on an Idaho State type team.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:21 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:50 am

Where do you think he takes those skills? My money is on an Idaho State type team.
Who knows. I definitely thought he had the skills. Maybe he doesn't have the patience.

Maybe he can polish Svoboda's Heisman?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:19 pm
Probably given a realistic assessment. His best bet is probably FCS or D2.
If you can't climb the depth chart at WYO, you are probably right. Or more likely out of football.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

Very disappointing news. I’m someone who is very high on Svoboda, but even if he is the second coming of Josh Allen, our backup is very likely to see the field for a significant amount of time at some point in this coming season. Right now that is Clemons. We’ve seen what he offers, and I am not convinced he has what it takes to lead us anywhere near a conference championship.

I was hoping Carson May would come in and challenge for that back up role. What a fall for that young man - from a 4 star recruit and an offer from a Big 10 school to not even being able to crack the top 3 QB’s at a passing inept school like UW.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

TheRealUW wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:49 pm
Very disappointing news. I’m someone who is very high on Svoboda, but even if he is the second coming of Josh Allen, our backup is very likely to see the field for a significant amount of time at some point in this coming season. Right now that is Clemons. We’ve seen what he offers, and I am not convinced he has what it takes to lead us anywhere near a conference championship.

I was hoping Carson May would come in and challenge for that back up role. What a fall for that young man - from a 4 star recruit and an offer from a Big 10 school to not even being able to crack the top 3 QB’s at a passing inept school like UW.
I've seen the kid throw and am with you. Feel bad for him. I thought he was better. A few almost hoping he'd fail because they don't like me. The staff put him at 4 for a reason. We'll see if the qb gurus are right and we're sitting on the next #1 draft pick. I missed on May at WYO so we'll see if the Svoboda crowd is right. The difference is that I hope they are right.