Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

clc617
Buckaroo

This train wreck has just caught fire.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

This is getting downright ugly and embarrassing.

The complete and utter destruction of Wyoming Cowboy Basketball.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

This pisses me off. No wait. This makes me MAD AS F#(KING HELL.

It was very apparent, when Buedo & M'Baye became eligible, that Heath was going to poop all over AJ. And he did. Nobody likes playing for a asshole with double standards.

HEY WYO ADMIN...YOU BETTER WAKE THE F%&K UP!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

What if?

1) Pokes loose all remaining games? Would this force a regime change or would Schroyer have an excuse?
2) Pokes muddle through and win half remaining conference games? Would Schroyer be condidered a hero, winning short-handed?
3) Pokes win one or two in playoffs? Would Burman consider this a successful season?

Just what would it take to get rid of Heath?
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

It's not too late to follow Cowboy Wrestling to the max... :)
ImageImageImageImage
clc617
Buckaroo

There are simply no excuses. These are guys that he recruited! I am sorry to admit that even though I have season tickets and live in Laramie, I did not watch the Wednesday night debacle live and opted to watch it at home. I am fan through and through but I couldn't expose my kids to that mess. Sadly for them they will watch the remaining home games and I will use those as lessons in life opportunities.
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

The moral of the story is....never question the Dread PIrate Cowboy.

To quote my very first post on WyoNation two years ago "With the mistake they made hiring Shroyer, hopefully they learned a lesson."

To quote McClain: "And Again" why not terminate Shroyer now to save what's left of this team and next years recruiting?
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

It will be very interesting to see Shroyer's demeanor over the next couple of games.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 49 times

Glad to see him go. Just another prima donna who only knows one way to react to adversity...quitting. Schroyer deserves to be the next guy on the way out.
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

I've been VERY disappointed with the way a lot of people associated with the team have behaved and performed this season. This was a team that we all thought would be pretty good this year, and really should have been. But early on we saw that things were pretty screwed up and we saw an lot of games where most of the guys looked like they really couldnt care less. Burman needs to meet with the players ASAP and the coaches and find out what in the hell is going on (maybe he already has). But this has to stop.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

When players get yelled at for every thing they do whether its good or bad I dont blame them one bit for leaving. If he spent half as much time talking to his players and coaching as he does putting grease in his hair he might be a decent coach
cheypoke
Ranch Hand

There had been a rumor that AJ would maybe leave for a couple of weeks. So for those of you that have inside information, is there any risk that we may see any other departures?
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

cheypoke wrote:There had been a rumor that AJ would maybe leave for a couple of weeks. So for those of you that have inside information, is there any risk that we may see any other departures?
It has been evident that AJ had lost interest. I know if my coach yelled at me, I would bust ass so I don't make the same mistakes. However, during the UNLV game, AJ made so many bad decisions I was glad to see him riding pine. If you don't have the heart to play,then do what makes you happy. I wish AJ the best going forward.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 49 times

TwoTone wrote:When players get yelled at for every thing they do whether its good or bad I dont blame them one bit for leaving. If he spent half as much time talking to his players and coaching as he does putting grease in his hair he might be a decent coach
You don't have to side with AJ just because you don't like the coach. I don't like either of them and I've tried to make that pretty clear.The majority of NCAA coaches yell at a player when they make a mistake. Hell, that even holds true for most high school programs. AJ made a hell of a lot mistakes when he was on the court. He deserved to be yelled at. If he can't take that, then he isn't cut out to play basketball at this level. Sports has no room for softies. That's the nature of the work. Anyone who throws away a chance to play high level athletics and get a free education while doing it never deserved it in the first place.
PL_Julian
Buckaroo

You don't have to side with AJ just because you don't like the coach. I don't like either of them and I've tried to make that pretty clear.The majority of NCAA coaches yell at a player when they make a mistake. Hell, that even holds true for most high school programs. AJ made a hell of a lot mistakes when he was on the court. He deserved to be yelled at. If he can't take that, then he isn't cut out to play basketball at this level. Sports has no room for softies. That's the nature of the work. Anyone who throws away a chance to play high level athletics and get a free education while doing it never deserved it in the first place.
The majority of coaches yell ( break down) at players but they also build them up. Schroyer does not. The coaches you speak of have earned the respect of their players and those players know that those coaches have their best interest and are striving to make them better,

Schroyer does not have the respect and does nothing to earn it. Schroyer does not have the respect of his staff either and could care less because it's Heath's world. Anything wrong is the fault of others and anything good is because Heath has made it so. Schroyer only has regard for Langley because that is his friend.Why else would his first chair be held by a HS/AAu coach.

Schroyer treated the McLain holdovers like poop and has been treating Coach Stewarts recruits like poop.

Now you can pretend all you want but nobody is going to perform well under constant critism be it on the court or in the workplace..When you break em down you also have to build them up.If you berate your kids and never have a good or kind word they won't excel and will grow to resent you. Same will happen to employees and the same happens in sports.

A couple weeks ago there was talk that Moujeke was ready to leave.That was true and he was talked into making the best of the situation.Players can't wait to be away from Schroyer..

Oh and they can get a free education elsewhere without being treated like poop...That statement sounds eerily like someone saying you should be happy to have a job so you need to shutup and be treated like poop.Just because they were offered a scholarship doesn't give an unqualified coach to abuse them nor does it mean they should have some BS sense of gratitude and accpet that treatment.

Nobody that has left this program under Schroyer has not gotten into another school and gotten a free education. So what are they really pissing away ? Exactly nothing.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

Is this the bottom? I don't think it is and in a way, I hope not. This season was toast a long time ago. If we keep sinking, maybe the captain will go down with it. Fire Schroyer and his Andy Garcia looking face! Burman brought in DC, so he's not doing terribly bad, but he needs to fire his buddy pronto to save his own butt.
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

laxwyo wrote:Is this the bottom? I don't think it is and in a way, I hope not. This season was toast a long time ago. If we keep sinking, maybe the captain will go down with it. Fire Schroyer and his Andy Garcia looking face! Burman brought in DC, so he's not doing terribly bad, but he needs to fire his buddy pronto to save his own butt.
And whats left of Wyoming Men's Basket Ball.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

TheRealUW wrote:You don't have to side with AJ just because you don't like the coach. I don't like either of them and I've tried to make that pretty clear.The majority of NCAA coaches yell at a player when they make a mistake. Hell, that even holds true for most high school programs. AJ made a hell of a lot mistakes when he was on the court. He deserved to be yelled at. If he can't take that, then he isn't cut out to play basketball at this level. Sports has no room for softies. That's the nature of the work. Anyone who throws away a chance to play high level athletics and get a free education while doing it never deserved it in the first place.
Dont be an ass and tell me why Im siding with AJ. I said what I said because its the truth. I have seen him yell at AJ MANY times after he does something good. And then after the three straight turn overs what does he do? He ignores him. How in the hell is a player going to learn anything from that?
And as far as not liking Heath. Yep I think he is a completely self absorbed asshole. :thumb:
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

TwoTone wrote:
TheRealUW wrote:You don't have to side with AJ just because you don't like the coach. I don't like either of them and I've tried to make that pretty clear.The majority of NCAA coaches yell at a player when they make a mistake. Hell, that even holds true for most high school programs. AJ made a hell of a lot mistakes when he was on the court. He deserved to be yelled at. If he can't take that, then he isn't cut out to play basketball at this level. Sports has no room for softies. That's the nature of the work. Anyone who throws away a chance to play high level athletics and get a free education while doing it never deserved it in the first place.
Dont be an ass and tell me why Im siding with AJ. I said what I said because its the truth. I have seen him yell at AJ MANY times after he does something good. And then after the three straight turn overs what does he do? He ignores him. How in the hell is a player going to learn anything from that?
And in no way am I saying AJ is perfect. Far from it actually. But with a REAL coach he has potential.
And as far as not liking Heath. Yep I think he is a completely self absorbed a##hole. :thumb: