Border War, down there

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 128 times

stymeman wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:39 pm What do all the members here feel about the trabsfer portal...busy or not....used or not used??? Time will tell
Hoping we don’t see Manyawu and Combs enter the portal. Have to believe Linder uses it again to fill some spots with some Walter’s types.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

stymeman wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:39 pm What do all the members here feel about the trabsfer portal...busy or not....used or not used??? Time will tell
We don’t have enough players on the team not to add players through the portal. So that seems to be a given. I’m expecting adds from the likes of Oklahoma Wesleyan. I don’t see established D1 players looking to join Linder and this team absent some unexpected big NIL donations.

Manyawu will have money dangling in front of him from other teams. I suspect he comes back next year (unless he is also fed up with Linder) but doubt we see him for 4 years in Laramie.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 15 times

flyfishwyo wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:04 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:02 pm
To break this down, there are 200 available minutes in a regulation game. We are returning at most 33% or 1/3.
In the portal era, I think you plan on bringing in 1/3 of your minutes every year and hope the underclassmen on the bench step up to fill in the difference.
Playing time will increase as well as points. If the other bench/role players develop over the summer and commit to hard work, we have potential.