Attendance

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Cowpoke99
Buckaroo
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:30 pm Seems the AA reseating debacle isn't gaining much attention in this thread for some reason. That was a complete disaster. Something needs to change, as the lower bowl looks pathetic most of the time, if not all of the time - empty seats everywhere. For instance, why doesn't UW propose - if you are not using your tickets (either yourself, or selling / giving them away) 80% of the season (as monitored at the door) you stand to lose them? They probably think revenue will really decrease if they do something like that. Then again they (Burman) f-word it up, so he should be on the hook to make it right.

Do something FFS UW, you caused this mess all the way around, now is time to dig out and stop pointing fingers. Own it. Fix it. You are paid to do so.
I remember when they first finished the renovation they placed workers at each gate to check each ticket and basically intimidate anyone from going down and filling the extra seats. It made it seem like the Unwashed weren't welcome. And my goodness those bright yellow empty seats look terrible.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:49 pm Why not massively discount new season tickets to residents within 100 miles? Try something, anything to breathe new life into this program. Children get in free. Anything to entice people to set foot into the building
Perhaps. But I'm amazed at how many kids at Wyo. football or basketball games spend the majority of the game looking at their phone. I saw a kid playing video games at a bb game and I swear he never looked at the court once.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

bladerunnr wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:12 am
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:49 pm Why not massively discount new season tickets to residents within 100 miles? Try something, anything to breathe new life into this program. Children get in free. Anything to entice people to set foot into the building
Perhaps. But I'm amazed at how many kids at Wyo. football or basketball games spend the majority of the game looking at their phone. I saw a kid playing video games at a bb game and I swear he never looked at the court once.
Not my kids when small, or my g’kids. They are pretty engaged with the games.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

It is all gone to hell. The bb program needs to be burned to the ground and a total start over should be the way to go. They should also get rid of Burman unless his contract comes with a lifetime clause in it. Nobody cares and nobody pays attention. Most of the games at the doom of dome have all of the electricity of a Laramie versus South high school basketball game. Sad what has become of Wyoming sports. Remember them good old days. I do. But those ships sailed and are never coming back.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:47 pm It is all gone to hell. The bb program needs to be burned to the ground and a total start over should be the way to go. They should also get rid of Burman unless his contract comes with a lifetime clause in it. Nobody cares and nobody pays attention. Most of the games at the doom of dome have all of the electricity of a Laramie versus South high school basketball game. Sad what has become of Wyoming sports. Remember them good old days. I do. But those ships sailed and are never coming back.
IMO, the beginning of the end was the Black 14 mess in the 1960s. In other words, blame BYU. :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

I do think the seating situation has a lot to do with atmosphere. To me seating density is as important as total numbers. If the lower 1/3 was packed, i think people would be more likely to get loud and improve the atmosphere. When everyone is spread out, it dies.
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

laxwyo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:03 pm I do think the seating situation has a lot to do with atmosphere. To me seating density is as important as total numbers. If the lower 1/3 was packed, i think people would be more likely to get loud and improve the atmosphere. When everyone is spread out, it dies.
No doubt about it. If the reseating debacle continues into the WAR, I am going to lose my mind. The ticket office said that wouldn't happen, but I question that. :willybs:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:23 am
laxwyo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:03 pm I do think the seating situation has a lot to do with atmosphere. To me seating density is as important as total numbers. If the lower 1/3 was packed, i think people would be more likely to get loud and improve the atmosphere. When everyone is spread out, it dies.
No doubt about it. If the reseating debacle continues into the WAR, I am going to lose my mind. The ticket office said that wouldn't happen, but I question that. :willybs:
It will. They can’t help themselves. They will screw it up and lose a lot of fans. I don’t know how you do it right - to be honest…but whatever the opposite of “right” is…that is what UW will do.