Good Article on Coach Sundance Wicks at Green Bay

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

If Linder ever gets a better job and takes off if he is successful again here (which I think he will be) and we need a new coach, I think Sundance should get the next shot. He might even stay since he is a Wyoming boy.

Good article on him and his team

https://www.wearegreenbay.com/sports/nc ... rogram/amp

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:57 pm If Linder ever gets a better job and takes off if he is successful again here (which I think he will be) and we need a new coach, I think Sundance should get the next shot. He might even stay since he is a Wyoming boy.

Good article on him and his team

https://www.wearegreenbay.com/sports/nc ... rogram/amp
In 💯 agreement!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I like him, and think he would be a decent fit for Wyoming. That said, I didn't like how he did WYO dirty on his way out. He made the choice to throw WYO under the bus on social media...and regardless the circumstances, poor form. I would expect that from a 19 year old player, not a 43 year old coach.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 50 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:46 pm I like him, and think he would be a decent fit for Wyoming. That said, I didn't like how he did WYO dirty on his way out. He made the choice to throw WYO under the bus on social media...and regardless the circumstances, poor form. I would expect that from a 19 year old player, not a 43 year old coach.
I didn't see any of that from Wicks. What did I miss?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:46 pm I like him, and think he would be a decent fit for Wyoming. That said, I didn't like how he did WYO dirty on his way out. He made the choice to throw WYO under the bus on social media...and regardless the circumstances, poor form. I would expect that from a 19 year old player, not a 43 year old coach.
I didn’t take his quotes as throwing Wyoming under the bus. He called out a disturbing letter and I think he was right to do that (especially when family was involved). He could have clarified that he didn’t know if this was a Wyoming fan or a fan of another team pretending to be a Wyoming fan but either way the letter was wrong and horrible in every way possible.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

flyfishwyo wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:01 pm
https://7220sports.com/former-wyoming-b ... hate-mail/
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

If he continues to prove himself, maybe. I heard he is not fond of putting in time on the recruiting trail.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

Don’t really care about this dude one bit.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:40 am Don’t really care about this dude one bit.
He seems hokey to me. Like a paid motivational speaker or life coach, like if Oprah were a basketball coach.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:02 am
laxwyo wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:40 am Don’t really care about this dude one bit.
He seems hokey to me. Like a paid motivational speaker or life coach, like if Oprah were a basketball coach.
I tend to agree. And frankly, without Reynolds his record is likely reversed at 9 & 14. Wonder how much NIL Reynolds will pick up to go play at Villanova next year, LMAO.
Dear Karma,

Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

I have no ill feelings toward Wicks, and hope he does well. He shouldn’t have to put up with threats and frankly that’s over the top, for athletics in general, from a fan.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

He is actually successful because he is so positive and has the right frame of mind. There isn’t anything hokey about it.

What ever you believe in your own mind happens. So if you are negative you will get plenty of negative things happening to you and vice versa.

Most of you guys complain on this board and are negative so I wouldn’t be shocked if a lot of your own lives mirror how you act on here.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 49 times

I see Nic Reynolds was hired on as an assistant coach by Sundance prior to this season. Nic is the older brother of Noah. Interesting.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 50 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:42 pm
flyfishwyo wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:01 pm

https://7220sports.com/former-wyoming-b ... hate-mail/
Ah, I forgot about that. I don't think that's a negative if considering hiring him.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:42 am He is actually successful because he is so positive and has the right frame of mind. There isn’t anything hokey about it.

What ever you believe in your own mind happens. So if you are negative you will get plenty of negative things happening to you and vice versa.

Most of you guys complain on this board and are negative so I wouldn’t be shocked if a lot of your own lives mirror how you act on here.
:roll:
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:42 am Most of you guys complain on this board and are negative so I wouldn’t be shocked if a lot of your own lives mirror how you act on here.
This is a message board. A place to discuss, disagree, bitch, celebrate, throw out ideas, complain, joke, etc. Not sure why you would say what you did? :shock:
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:40 pm
I didn’t take his quotes as throwing Wyoming under the bus. He called out a disturbing letter and I think he was right to do that (especially when family was involved). He could have clarified that he didn’t know if this was a Wyoming fan or a fan of another team pretending to be a Wyoming fan but either way the letter was wrong and horrible in every way possible.
One letter (allegedly) from one fan (again, allegedly), that probably had a grudge with Wicks to begin with - and he puts it out on social like it was murder. That decision of his, regardless, painted our entire fanbase as assholes. That was childish and immature.
Dear Karma,

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:13 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:40 pm

One letter (allegedly) from one fan (again, allegedly), that probably had a grudge with Wicks to begin with - and he puts it out on social like it was murder. That decision of his, regardless, painted our entire fanbase as assholes. That was childish and immature.
I absolutely disagree.

The letter was put in his home mailbox and directly addressed his family. If it was an anonymous email or didn’t mention his family, I doubt he does anything and we hear nothing of it. But any threat to his family (no matter what you think the extent of threat might be) must be addressed. The writer clearly knew where his family lived and took the time to travel to his house - - that’s a threat to family in my book.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:58 pm
McPeachy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:13 pm

I absolutely disagree.

The letter was put in his home mailbox and directly addressed his family. If it was an anonymous email or didn’t mention his family, I doubt he does anything and we hear nothing of it. But any threat to his family (no matter what you think the extent of threat might be) must be addressed. The writer clearly knew where his family lived and took the time to travel to his house - - that’s a threat to family in my book.
I vehemently disagree with you on this topic, and will leave it at that. Call the police, call the FBI, call the Game & Fish, hell - do something worthwhile and do as you need to. But to do the entire fanbase dirty at WYO through social-fvcking-media? That is total BS, a low blow, and something I would expect from a teen, not a 40 something leader / coach. Ridiculous, immature, and bridge burning. I have since changed my stance on him being a fit for Wyoming - no matter how great of a career he has, hope he continues to do it elsewhere.
Dear Karma,

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:13 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:58 pm

I absolutely disagree.

I vehemently disagree with you on this topic, and will leave it at that. Call the police, call the FBI, call the Game & Fish, hell - do something worthwhile and do as you need to. But to do the entire fanbase dirty at WYO through social-fvcking-media? That is total BS, a low blow, and something I would expect from a teen, not a 40 something leader / coach. Ridiculous, immature, and bridge burning. I have since changed my stance on him being a fit for Wyoming - no matter how great of a career he has, hope he continues to do it elsewhere.
Do you have information that neither he and the University failed to alert the authorities? It was my understanding at the time that they did.

You are seeing this with brown and gold goggles. Posting it on social media was the only way to alert the perpetrator that he was taking the potential threat to his family seriously (whether it was a Wyoming fan, CSU fan, or just a pissed off neighbor). Perhaps next time, the letter author should put their name to the letter they dropped off and he wouldn't have needed to go to social media.