Toledo game thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Wyokie wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:52 pm We may be bad (& we are) but at least, we're not Florida State. The are getting completely ass-raped by Georgia right now. 56-3 in the THIRD quarter!!!!!
Love how the foul language filter allows ass-raped, but not poop :rofl:
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

SDPokeFan wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 5:09 pm Is that really the best punter we have?
Stewart is soooo horrible. Can’t wait to see him gone. He BLOWS
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

It’s a moot point now, but wasn’t it a huge blunder to not go for two on that last TD? get it and you’re down one and it’s still a one score game if you give up a TD on their next possession
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:17 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:52 pm We may be bad (& we are) but at least, we're not Florida State. The are getting completely ass-raped by Georgia right now. 56-3 in the THIRD quarter!!!!!
Love how the foul language filter allows ass-raped, but not poop :rofl:
I was cracking up about that too. Kinda like when it said “the deed” a few months back.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:29 pm It’s a moot point now, but wasn’t it a huge blunder to not go for two on that last TD? get it and you’re down one and it’s still a one score game if you give up a TD on their next possession
No matter if you go for two or one... At that point in the game, if they score a touchdown on the next possession, there is a very low chance of tying or getting ahead. The best odds are to get a stop and at that point a failed 2 pt conversation means a FG is for the tie and not the win. It's probably not a huge difference either way.... At least that's my sense of it. An analytics guy could probably break it down better.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:29 pm It’s a moot point now, but wasn’t it a huge blunder to not go for two on that last TD? get it and you’re down one and it’s still a one score game if you give up a TD on their next possession
No. Going for 2 is a blunder. If you don’t make it, a FG no longer wins the game.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:41 pm
No. Going for 2 is a blunder. If you don’t make it, a FG no longer wins the game.
but it would still tie.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:42 pm

but it would still tie.
I feel had we tied it would have been the same result as last year.
MN_Poke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 24 times

Defense did a pretty good job today. Outside of the misses on the 80 yd run they only gave up 2 field goals. Got off the field on 3rd down (4-13) and there was nearly 18 minute difference in ToP. I think only 1 sack but pressures resulted in some poor throws and missed timing
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Detroit just found out that the hard way against Dallas. Shoulda went for the ex. point to take the game into ot but....... :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

MN_Poke wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:06 pm Defense did a pretty good job today. Outside of the misses on the 80 yd run they only gave up 2 field goals. Got off the field on 3rd down (4-13) and there was nearly 18 minute difference in ToP. I think only 1 sack but pressures resulted in some poor throws and missed timing
They did play pretty dang good outside that one play. Definitely bend but don’t break. One of the big difference makers was their QB too. He was really inaccurate down the field. I thought Peasley played pretty well. He did miss recognizing some wide open receivers, but he was pretty accurate throwing the ball. And he showed some real grit. I’m glad he came here and glad he got to end on a high note. Same for Hoyland.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Our boyz found a way and got er done...Mr Red Shoes was effective finally and we sent Coach Bohl off into the sunset...thanks for a medocre trnure and you were 1 game above 500...hoooorah a winning record. Ok Sawvel show us what u got!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

That 18 yd pass Svboda completed was a f-word laser.
W-Y, Until I Die!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:46 pm
MN_Poke wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:06 pm Defense did a pretty good job today. Outside of the misses on the 80 yd run they only gave up 2 field goals. Got off the field on 3rd down (4-13) and there was nearly 18 minute difference in ToP. I think only 1 sack but pressures resulted in some poor throws and missed timing
They did play pretty dang good outside that one play. Definitely bend but don’t break. One of the big difference makers was their QB too. He was really inaccurate down the field. I thought Peasley played pretty well. He did miss recognizing some wide open receivers, but he was pretty accurate throwing the ball. And he showed some real grit. I’m glad he came here and glad he got to end on a high note. Same for Hoyland.
I agree. Their qb missed some wide open guys. But I thought Peasley played well. The ball Alex Brown dropped was a perfect throw. Their DL was far quicker than what we were prepared for. The pocket collapsed on Peasley far too quickly. Not sure what I expected from Toledo but they did beat San Jose state, albeit with their 1st string qb. Their overall team speed was as good as we played against this year (outside of Texas).
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Toledo was a really good team. Might have won the MWC
Last edited by LanderPoke on Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Just a gritty performance against a real athletic team! Where Toledo is getting their NIL money is beyond me because that was a pretty dead fanbase. Ended up staying at the same resort as the Toledo football team haha. Too bad the beer ran out by the 3rd quarter in the stadium….again!

Peasley is a warrior amongst warriors. Dude needs to take up golf and leave contact sports in his past though. I’m so excited to see what Svoboda can do. It’s literally as if you created a physical clone of Josh Allen.

The most high school stat of the day goes to our punting…4 punts with a long of 35 and an average of 32. I’d venture to guess just about every soccer player could do better than that.
ReecesRiver
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:13 am Just a gritty performance against a real athletic team! Where Toledo is getting their NIL money is beyond me because that was a pretty dead fanbase. Ended up staying at the same resort as the Toledo football team haha. Too bad the beer ran out by the 3rd quarter in the stadium….again!

Peasley is a warrior amongst warriors. Dude needs to take up golf and leave contact sports in his past though. I’m so excited to see what Svoboda can do. It’s literally as if you created a physical clone of Josh Allen.

The most high school stat of the day goes to our punting…4 punts with a long of 35 and an average of 32. I’d venture to guess just about every soccer player could do better than that.
Absolutely agree with you. Peasley left everything on the field for this program.

I saw Bohl have a word with Ralph Fawaz after Stewart butchered another punt. I think even though it was Stewarts last game Bohl was done with him.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

It was the best throwing game I've seen from Peas, IMO. Tough kid. He progressed well this year.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

Indeed.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:13 am Just a gritty performance against a real athletic team! Where Toledo is getting their NIL money is beyond me because that was a pretty dead fanbase. Ended up staying at the same resort as the Toledo football team haha. Too bad the beer ran out by the 3rd quarter in the stadium….again!

No offense to josh, but Evan had a physique josh could only achieve in his dreams. Not that looking like a f-word 6’5” Rambo is necessary to play QB at a high level, obviously