Weber State

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Headed over tonite to see the guys live, will give my thoughts after tonite(as u are all looking forward to that I'm sure) Go Pokes!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 239 times

They can’t miss. And we are only playing one on one with Kot and griffin. Kinda borimg, but they are wayyy stronger than we are down low so I don’t k is what the answer is. They are just quite a bit better tonight
Vancopoke
Buckaroo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Amazing how far the program has fallen. Losing to Weber State by double digits is head scratching. Thanks NCAA for absolutely screwing over the Wyomings of college athletics.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

Defense is horrible. Weber State could drive at will for easy layups. Kojenets is a waste of a roster position. Just another 7', unatheletic, slow, passive waste of space. Please recruit a guy that was a bully with the frame to back it up for once?
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I find myself not even caring. I’d get so worked up when they lost to a presumably weaker opponent. Now I don’t even care, and that’s worse than being angry.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

A total of 8 points from our 2 inside players. 6 points from the bench. I think the team has regressed from early in the year. That, or the competition is getting better. I can't tell. Unless Mason Walters is the second coming of Larry Bird, this season looks like a real disaster. We don't have enough fire power to play with hardly anyone in this conference.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

The defense has looked very bad for the past few weeks. Poor individual defense coupled with what looks like a complete misunderstanding of how to play team defense. Our defensive rotations are late 80% of the time. Sometimes, the rotations don't even happen at all. We were never going to be a defensive juggernaut, but there has been a noticeable decline over the course of this short season so far.

I'm not really sure what to make of it. I believe Linder is a good coach, and I can't imagine it isn't being coached/taught in practice. Are the guys already getting tired due to our lack of depth?

It's still fairly early, and we don't have Walters back yet, but it looks like it could be a battle with Air Force for last place in the conference. Maybe we can somehow finish ahead of Fresno State too?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I'll leave it as a total work in progress
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I wouldn’t get too worked up over this loss.

Weber st. Beat St. Mary’s at St. Mary this year and although St. Mary’s has a few losses this year it is mainly to top 25 type teams. They are a very good team still and very tough to beat at home. Weber St. was able to win there.

St. Mary’s is starting to play better again as seen by their win over CSU in Fort Collins.

It’s not like Weber St is a bad team this year. I’m not surprised Wyoming lost this game at all with what we have on the court this year after lots of transfers.

This Wyoming team has already exceeded my expectations based on everyone that left last year, so I still think Linder is a very good coach. I would say most coaches with what Linder had to go through the last year would have a team here like Schroyers.

I think we will be a lot better next year.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:38 pm I wouldn’t get too worked up over this loss.

Weber st. Beat St. Mary’s at St. Mary this year and although St. Mary’s has a few losses this year it is mainly to top 25 type teams. They are a very good team still and very tough to beat at home. Weber St. was able to win there.

St. Mary’s is starting to play better again as seen by their win over CSU in Fort Collins.

It’s not like Weber St is a bad team this year. I’m not surprised Wyoming lost this game at all with what we have on the court this year after lots of transfers.

This Wyoming team has already exceeded my expectations based on everyone that left last year, so I still think Linder is a very good coach. I would say most coaches with what Linder had to go through the last year would have a team here like Schroyers.

I generally agree, but am not willing to give Linder a total pass. This is his program. He brought in the guys that left. He recruited the California cancers that couldn’t deal with his style. He is responsible. Injuries and transfers hurt and I’ll be patient for another year, but he had better turn it around next year. Last year was a monumental flub. He gets to clean up his mistakes and build a team. I think he can, by the way. I like the guts of this team. But there are some guys that already look like lost causes. He’s had more than a few too many of those to get too comfortable with the Linder Way.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:28 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:38 pm I wouldn’t get too worked up over this loss.

I generally agree, but am not willing to give Linder a total pass. This is his program. He brought in the guys that left. He recruited the California cancers that couldn’t deal with his style. He is responsible. Injuries and transfers hurt and I’ll be patient for another year, but he had better turn it around next year. Last year was a monumental flub. He gets to clean up his mistakes and build a team. I think he can, by the way. I like the guts of this team. But there are some guys that already look like lost causes. He’s had more than a few too many of those to get too comfortable with the Linder Way.
Definitely agree with you about this. I’m not giving him any pass by any means. He did bring those cancers in and has to find his way out of the bottom of the box 📦 we say , after that ordeal, but so far the team is better than I thought and he has proved before he can do it. So I’m in the camp we will be better next year with more guys coming back after having played together this year.

Like you, if the team ends up sucking next year to then I will start to wonder.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….