Isaiah Neyor

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...Neyor to the Portal again.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... b0f4&ei=24
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

McPeachy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:58 pm I don't know whether to laugh or cry...Neyor to the Portal again.

Who would welcome him back to Wyoming?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:12 pm
McPeachy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:58 pm I don't know whether to laugh or cry...Neyor to the Portal again.

Good question.

My way of thinking - he is like a "former girlfriend". Sorry stud, we weren't good enough for you once, we are not going to be good enough for you a second time. Hard pass.
Dear Karma,

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

McPeachy wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:32 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:12 pm
Good question.

My way of thinking - he is like a "former girlfriend". Sorry stud, we weren't good enough for you once, we are not going to be good enough for you a second time. Hard pass.
You have passed the exam. Good man
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

I don't bear Neyor any hard feelings. His talent was catching passes, Wyoming was not a passing offense so his chance at a pro career hinged on getting a team which passes the ball more than Wyoming. Add to that mix he no doubt got a healthy NIL deal and being from Texas, it was a no brainer for him. I actually hope he goes to a team like USC or even Colorado where pass catchers are valued. My guess is that he won't get quite as much as he did from Texas, but will get playing time which is what he needs to get drafted.

I believe he basically won the CSU game when he played for Wyoming so I will always have a good feeling about his time as a Cowboy.
Last edited by doreno5 on Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Doesn't he have to sit a year since this is his second transfer?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

HR_Poke wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:51 pm Doesn't he have to sit a year since this is his second transfer?
He does unless:
1) He graduates (grad transfers can still transfer without penalty)

2) He gets an NCAA waiver.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

I’d totally have him back.
W-Y, Until I Die!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:19 pm I’d totally have him back.
Of course. We took Shyatt back and look how that worked out. No sense in holding a grudge when someone can help you win.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

I would 100% have him back.

I've long made my position on transfers known here, so I won't get into it too much.While there were plenty of rumours of guys being problems in the locker room that year, he was never explicitly named and we'll probably never know. At the end of the day, he was a freakish deep threat on a team whose pass game wasn't just stuck in neutral...it was grinding gears and smoking most of the time, under a coach who seemed incapable of changing anything about it and whose only QB worth a poop was also leaving. He made a decision that he...and likely his family...felt was best for him.

As long as he gels with dudes here and puts in the work, and the coaches didn't have an issue with him, who am I to judge someone that can help us?

Having said that....I seriously doubt he comes back .
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

doreno5 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:51 pm

I don't bear Neyor any hard feelings. His talent was catching passes, Wyoming was not a passing offense so his chance at a pro career hinged on getting a team which passes the ball more than Wyoming. Add to that mix he no doubt got a healthy NIL deal and being from Texas, it was a no brainer for him. I actually hope he goes to a team like USC or even Colorado where pass catchers are valued. My guess is that he won't get quite as much as he did from Texas, but will get playing time which is what he needs to get drafted.

I believe he basically won the CSU game when he played for Wyoming so I will always have a good feeling about his time as a Cowboy.
He had 12 touchdowns and over 800 yards in his last season here, both have to be easily the most since Tanner Gentry. And that was in a season where Sean Chambers lead the team in passing attempts.

I don't have any hard feelings for him, but I hardly think Wyoming was setting him up to fail either. Texas did more to derail his pro prospects, by probably making promises to him that they never intended to keep, than anything Wyoming did.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:07 pm I would 100% have him back.

I've long made my position on transfers known here, so I won't get into it too much.While there were plenty of rumours of guys being problems in the locker room that year, he was never explicitly named and we'll probably never know. At the end of the day, he was a freakish deep threat on a team whose pass game wasn't just stuck in neutral...it was grinding gears and smoking most of the time, under a coach who seemed incapable of changing anything about it and whose only QB worth a poop was also leaving. He made a decision that he...and likely his family...felt was best for him.

As long as he gels with dudes here and puts in the work, and the coaches didn't have an issue with him, who am I to judge someone that can help us?

Interesting take. I don't think that sends the right message to those players still on the team, whom played with him in 2021. Who are you to judge? - I don't know the answer to that, but from a pure leadership perspective, bringing back any team member that quit / left for better opportunities, spits in the face of the team. Poor move if it happens. And I don't hold a grudge against Neyor one bit, wish he never would have left, but hey, that is water under the bridge. Moving on.
Dear Karma,

Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:08 am
DamThatRiver22 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:07 pm I would 100% have him back.

Interesting take. I don't think that sends the right message to those players still on the team, whom played with him in 2021. Who are you to judge? - I don't know the answer to that, but from a pure leadership perspective, bringing back any team member that quit / left for better opportunities, spits in the face of the team. Poor move if it happens. And I don't hold a grudge against Neyor one bit, wish he never would have left, but hey, that is water under the bridge. Moving on.
Agree 1000 percent
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Lot of bridge burners here.

It’s pretty easy. He was a good teammate. He did what any rational person would do with a million bucks staring them in the face. By all measurements he was a good teammate and never said anything negative about Wyoming (at least publicly).

And most importantly, he would instantly help the team tremendously.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

No how, no way, don't need rehashes especially coming off injury, he made his bed its time to lie in it!
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

ITT: People should cut their own throats out of loyalty, apparently.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Is he or WYO even considering each other or is this just an academic exercise?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

At some point somebody will transfer away and then transfer back to a program...heck it may have already happened. It won't be a big deal.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

One can sure tell who "works for the man" as well as those who don't in this thread. What a group.
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:16 am ITT: People should cut their own throats out of loyalty, apparently.
Wow, another gem. Apparently loyalty is just a word to some on this board.
Dear Karma,