Levi Stall

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Good dude with backup-level skills in the mwc. Used football to further his education and maybe met a future wife. Now going to serve his country potentially in one of the toughest spots in the military. Pretty good story, imo.

Mad respect for his future efforts. God speed, Levi, and come home safe!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

307bball wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:05 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:21 am
If he didn't care about football why did he keep playing for two years? He obviously cares a lot. He's not that talented and he made a poor decision by wayyyyyyyy over estimating his own talent and thinking he could have his cake and eat it too. And dam the river frames it all in the most disingenuous way possible. Too funny :rofl: Hope Levi realizes there is not transfer window in the Navy Seals. Good luck to him.
Nobody is claiming he's a generational or even all-conference level talent. That is not at issue.

It's disingenuous to equate "not caring about football" to having other priorities that are higher than football. Anybody that participates in college athletics cares a great deal about their sport. It is the ridiculing him for his choices that I'm taking issue with. Almost none of the players that get bashed on by fans "deserve" it. There are some (look at the cali bball guys last year) that need to have their heads straightened but that is the exception, not the rule.

The things that have been said about Valladay, Ike, and Levi are just outrageous. I want every elite athlete to play at Wyoming and stay the entire time but I also recognize the pressures, values and goals that those individuals may have that take them elsewhere.
These are big boys with big boy pants on now. They don't have much a future in college sports if they can't handle a little pushback from media and fans.
W-Y, Until I Die!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:10 am
307bball wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:05 pm

Nobody is claiming he's a generational or even all-conference level talent. That is not at issue.

It's disingenuous to equate "not caring about football" to having other priorities that are higher than football. Anybody that participates in college athletics cares a great deal about their sport. It is the ridiculing him for his choices that I'm taking issue with. Almost none of the players that get bashed on by fans "deserve" it. There are some (look at the cali bball guys last year) that need to have their heads straightened but that is the exception, not the rule.

The things that have been said about Valladay, Ike, and Levi are just outrageous. I want every elite athlete to play at Wyoming and stay the entire time but I also recognize the pressures, values and goals that those individuals may have that take them elsewhere.
These are big boys with big boy pants on now. They don't have much a future in college sports if they can't handle a little pushback from media and fans.
Pushback for what? For doing something that is completely within the rules? This "pushback" that I'm calling out is highly selective of the better athletes that decide to transfer, it lauds athletes that decide to transfer in to somebody's favorite program while bashing on those that transfer away.... It paints the decision to transfer as "disloyalty" or some sort of moral failing.

And nobody is taking about the media..... This is specifically a fan issue.