Wyoming at Nevada

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

All 4 road losses to teams with winning records. Nevada 2-9 and certainly the worst conference team we face this year. Game at 7 p.m. with temp. probably around freezing. There will probably be more players on the sidelines than fans in the stands. We are 11 point favorites.

I was pleasantly surprised we easily covered yesterday. Peasley had a statistical day that has to be one of the best in Wyoming history. He completed 14-17 passes for 317 yards. Hoping we can finish on a high note and pound a very bad team.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:55 pm All 4 road losses to teams with winning records. Nevada 2-9 and certainly the worst conference team we face this year. Game at 7 p.m. with temp. probably around freezing. There will probably be more players on the sidelines than fans in the stands. We are 11 point favorites.

I was pleasantly surprised we easily covered yesterday. Peasley had a statistical day that has to be one of the best in Wyoming history. He completed 14-17 passes for 317 yards. Hoping we can finish on a high note and pound a very bad team.
I think we can cover this.
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Not my most favorite stadium I've visited in the MWC, sure hope we know this is a very good bowl game positioning game for us...find a way Pokes!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

It’s going to be a weird atmosphere in a cold, empty stadium
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:38 am It’s going to be a weird atmosphere in a cold, empty stadium
Reminds me of Joser in 2017 (when they were also the worst team in the league) and we went in and lost with Nick Smith playing QB in the last game of the year. I think they had a double digit losing streak and we must have been at least 14 point favorites. Dozens of fans in attendance.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

11 is a lot of points again. But I was wrong about Hawaii covering the 13.5 . Glad i did not place a bet. Think I will sit this one out again. The guys who set the line are good at what they do.
ReecesRiver
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

Should pound this Nevada team into the bottoms of the Truckee Meadows. I have been to 4 Nevada home games this year and they are not great. They actually played well against New Mexico and had some luck on their side with the incompetence of the Lobos QB in front of a crowd of 1000 fans. Wyoming can smash Waylee into their line or open it up with Peasley and should beat them either way. My only concern is a flash back to Fresno last year where Wyoming laid an egg in a meaningless road game to end the year. Hope they come out strong. I'm not joking when I say there might actually be more Pokes fans then Pack fans at the game.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

doreno5 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:06 am 11 is a lot of points again. But I was wrong about Hawaii covering the 13.5 . Glad i did not place a bet. Think I will sit this one out again. The guys who set the line are good at what they do.
Fresno st. was a massive favorite against New Mexico and lost outright. New Mexico st. was a 20 pt dog against Auburn and won by 20. Hawaii beats Air Force and look how they played against us. Granted, the home - away factor for Hawaii is huge. But Hawaii is a 6 pt. dog this week at home against csewe. That line looks odd. The sheep had that miracle finish against Boise st.. But they nearly lost at home to San Diego st. and really struggled at home against Nevada. It seems strange they would be a favorite on the road against anyone. In my very disjointed, rambling way, I'm saying there are a lot of weak lines and a smart bettor knows where to look. I'm just not that smart bettor.
Last edited by bladerunnr on Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Here is how to make the team beat Nevada -- tell them that if they loose, then its the Spud Bowl for them.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

With our road play this year it’s just hard for me to be optimistic we come away with a road win. I hope!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

We lost road games against good teams. I think we’re better than a couple of them but road is tough. We’ll crush them. This isn’t Fresno after a Boise loss.

With this schedule, I thought 8-4 was probably the ceiling. Most likely would have been 1 more conf win and 1 less OOC win. Crushing the pack and winning bowl would feel pretty good to end with 9 wins.
W-Y, Until I Die!
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

As pessimistic as I am, and as bad as we are on the road...this Nevada team is a borderline FCS team. As long as our guys haven't mentally checked out and/or aren't distracted by a weird schedule this week, we should be fine.

Great opportunity for Bohl and Co. to say "we figured it out on the road", ignoring the fact that Nevada is absolute dogsh*t. Lol.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Wyoming finds a way and gets it done 24-13....to claim a Hawaii Bowl game in Dec
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

NV is packed up for the season and won't want to play in a physical game. WYO rolls.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.