Cowboy Wrestling

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Jore notched two more big wins…. The rest of the team … eh :thumbdown:
Last edited by LanderPoke on Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:10 pm Jore notched two more big wins…. The rat of the team … eh :thumbdown:
The team isn’t even competitive. Dominated by Northern Iowa giving up 4 tech falls. I think it’s time for a program re-boot.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:01 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:10 pm Jore notched two more big wins…. The rat of the team … eh :thumbdown:
The team isn’t even competitive. Dominated by Northern Iowa giving up 4 tech falls. I think it’s time for a program re-boot.
Seems we have a few promising freshmen so I’ll give Branch one more year, but holy crap it’s ugly right now. Need to see major improvement next year. Getting our asses kicked by any program with a pulse is getting old fast
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:35 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:01 pm

Seems we have a few promising freshmen so I’ll give Branch one more year, but holy crap it’s ugly right now. Need to see major improvement next year. Getting our asses kicked by any program with a pulse is getting old fast
We've been saying that ever since Bryce Meredith left. These 'promising freshmen' either don't pan out or flame out. Jore Volk is clearly the exception...but that dude was a world champion even before he came to Wyoming and I can't see how someone with his talent would want to stay around for a team that gets blasted like this. At the Division 1 level, there is no excuse for giving up this many pins and tech falls. Northern Iowa isn't even ranked in the Top 25!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:34 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:35 pm
We've been saying that ever since Bryce Meredith left. These 'promising freshmen' either don't pan out or flame out. Jore Volk is clearly the exception...but that dude was a world champion even before he came to Wyoming and I can't see how someone with his talent would want to stay around for a team that gets blasted like this. At the Division 1 level, there is no excuse for giving up this many pins and tech falls. Northern Iowa isn't even ranked in the Top 25!!
You're probably correct. Better hope Volk wins the natty this year,. UNI is a good team, though. Ranked top 15 tournament and #24 dual, sut we still should never get smoked like that