Heck of a win!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

Congrats to the players and coaches. CSU blows
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'm both happy and frustrated. It felt like we had the chance to really step on their throats and run away with this game, and then we let them back instead.

BUT.

We also didn't choke it away the way Boise did...

BUT.

Why the hell could we not at least be somewhat competitive against Boise rather than getting blown out when the freaking sheep managed to come back and beat them? We still would've had a shot at the conference title had we actually stepped up in that game and played. While technically, we still could get to the championship game, it looks like a really long shot at the moment.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:12 pm I'm both happy and frustrated. It felt like we had the chance to really step on their throats and run away with this game, and then we let them back instead.

BUT.

We also didn't choke it away the way Boise did...

BUT.

Why the hell could we not at least be somewhat competitive against Boise rather than getting blown out when the freaking sheep managed to come back and beat them? We still would've had a shot at the conference title had we actually stepped up in that game and played. While technically, we still could get to the championship game, it looks like a really long shot at the moment.
This game is never a given. I’m happy with coming away with a win.

And…….it………still…….sux, to be a csewe ewe, I said it sux…….

Boot!

Go Pokes!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Heck of a crowd too holy crap
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Hearing 27905 in attendance really surprised me as well, wish i didn't hafta work, but ill be in LV next week....hope we don't play like UW of old in the Death Star/Roomba....
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

Anyway to rewatch this or see all the highlights? Unfortunately, I had to miss the game. 😢
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

J-Bone wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:01 am Anyway to rewatch this or see all the highlights? Unfortunately, I had to miss the game. 😢
Ask and you shall receive....

I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:28 pm Heck of a crowd too holy crap
The lines at the bathrooms were ridiculous. Bad night to drink beer.
But yeah, I'm surprised some of their fans actually showed up. Defense really showed up.
Sheep 0-10 on 3 down. That's more like it!
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

And Bohl saves his job yet again, lol.

Impressed that the passing game showed up. Peas went 15/22 with 2 TDs (plus 11c for 49 yds on the ground) and was damned near perfect through much of the game. Started to fall apart a bit late, but yea.

Not impressed that our run game continues to be absolutely stifled. Waylee was able to finally churn some yards out in the second half and Peas has his usual escapability...so the final numbers don't look bad...but our run game was actually atrocious for most of the game.

Defense was much better, though we did only record one sack.

We did try to gift the game away through a ton of stupid penalties (ten of them versus CSU's 3...uncalled for) plus the premature celebration that cost us a TD, which tells me we still have a bit of a focus/discipline issue.

Hoyland continues to struggle overall, though I won't dog him too much for missing a 55-yarder. Stewart was on point with that 73-yard punt.

Pretty nervous for UNLV, not gonna lie.

Absolute kudos to the fanbase for a near-sellout; that was something special to see/hear.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:09 am
LanderPoke wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:28 pm Heck of a crowd too holy crap
The lines at the bathrooms were ridiculous. Bad night to drink beer.
But yeah, I'm surprised some of their fans actually showed up. Defense really showed up.
Sheep 0-10 on 3 down. That's more like it!
Might have been all the women in the men’s bathrooms.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:11 am And Bohl saves his job yet again, lol.

Impressed that the passing game showed up. Peas went 15/22 with 2 TDs (plus 11c for 49 yds on the ground) and was damned near perfect through much of the game. Started to fall apart a bit late, but yea.

Not impressed that our run game continues to be absolutely stifled. Waylee was able to finally churn some yards out in the second half and Peas has his usual escapability...so the final numbers don't look bad...but our run game was actually atrocious for most of the game.

Defense was much better, though we did only record one sack.

We did try to gift the game away through a ton of stupid penalties (ten of them versus CSU's 3...uncalled for) plus the premature celebration that cost us a TD, which tells me we still have a bit of a focus/discipline issue.

Hoyland continues to struggle overall, though I won't dog him too much for missing a 55-yarder. Stewart was on point with that 73-yard punt.

Pretty nervous for UNLV, not gonna lie.

Absolute kudos to the fanbase for a near-sellout; that was something special to see/hear.
Haha not much good to say about that game at all?
I suppose you come back with "I'm a realist" when someone accuses you of being pessimistic...
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

Postgame press conference.

Happy for Gunner

doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

J-Bone wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:01 am Anyway to rewatch this or see all the highlights? Unfortunately, I had to miss the game. 😢
You tube
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

doreno5 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:37 pm
You tube
I posted the YouTube highlight video in the thread about 30 minutes after he made the request.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

CSU could really sling the rock and score points. Our pass D did a great job. Taylor shut down their main guy. I know he’s takes a few penalties but he plays tight and tough and it’ll happen.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:40 pm CSU could really sling the rock and score points. Our pass D did a great job. Taylor shut down their main guy. I know he’s takes a few penalties but he plays tight and tough and it’ll happen.
I like Taylor.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:40 pm CSU could really sling the rock and score points. Our pass D did a great job. Taylor shut down their main guy. I know he’s takes a few penalties but he plays tight and tough and it’ll happen.
Bohl was chewing his azz right after 2Q ended for some reason. I too like Kolbey! He’s a really good CB
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:07 pm
Bohl was chewing his azz right after 2Q ended for some reason. I too like Kolbey! He’s a really good CB
Taylor has the ability to play better. His biggest problem is he does not turn his head to see where the ball is on contested balls. I hate how far off the receiver Wyoming plays their corners but I know that is what they are supposed to do in certain defensive alignments. Still every team we play sees it on first down and knows it is an easy pass for 6+ yards in front of the corner.
Marshall2004
Buckaroo
Been liked: 3 times

I admittedly do not know as much about your personnel this season, but I thought the game nearly turned twice on two mysterious coaching decisions. One was the decision to try a 55 yard field goal on fourth and 4 with 10 minutes to go until halftime. I was confused by this as he was lining up, expecting exactly what happened. This gave a struggling CSU offense field position and life. Without that decision, you punt and pin them deep, I think 17-0 at the half is a distinct possibility. The second curious decision was when you lined up spread out and gunned it down field on second down, up 17 points with 12 minutes to go in the game. It was a bad decision by the QB and bad throw under pressure, but it was a worse coaching decision. I saw the alignment and expected a QB draw. Made no sense to me. It allowed CSU back in the game.

Overall, it was a very good performance. The crowd was stronger than I expected. Wyoming was clearly the better team. The stick to end the game was an awesome play.
ReecesRiver
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 11 times

The boys played great! Several of the usual "WTF is Polasek thinking calls" Really bummed we didn't punch it in from the 2 yd line. If this team shows up to Vegas we will win. The only thing that could hold them back is coaching. Glad to see Peasley is back to form.