We Deserve Better

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 151 times

307bball wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:20 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:57 am Do you all really believe a new staff is going to transform Wyoming football in this era of NIL and free agency)? Wyoming isn’t even competitive in NIL dollars in the MWC (although I think it is a waste).

Realistically, any new staff is going to have a high bar of 9-3/8-4 and a low bar of Koenning.

If we go 3-1 to end the season, going in a different direction would defy sensibility. If we go 0-4 or 1-3, sure go in a different direction but you will be kidding yourself if you’re expecting top 25 rankings merely with a staff change.
Your summation echoes my own sentiments. The constraints keeping Wyoming from being a perennial top 50 program might not have as much to do with coaching as people on this board think. As I've said before...I hope that I am wrong but with each passing year and each coaching change that does not get us anywhere, it gets harder for me to believe that we are just a coach away.
Lets not forget last year. Tons of transfers and one of the youngest teams in the country. Outside of the Fresno game, it was a hell of a coaching and playing performance.
W-Y, Until I Die!
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:22 am
Lets not forget last year. Tons of transfers and one of the youngest teams in the country. Outside of the Fresno game, it was a hell of a coaching and playing performance.
Last year is what kept me open-minded about seeing what he could do this year. I don't think any of us are completely ignoring it.

As far as I'm concerned, this is/was Bohl's "prove it" year.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 151 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:33 am
laxwyo wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:22 am
Last year is what kept me open-minded about seeing what he could do this year. I don't think any of us are completely ignoring it.

As far as I'm concerned, this is/was Bohl's "prove it" year.
yeah, last year was the tease. Amazing they can play play so well last year when they were so young and then not take giant leap and be more dominant.
W-Y, Until I Die!