What an absolute embarrassment

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Absolute dog shot effort. Utter embarrassment. poop the bed when it matters most. Typical bohl. Offense suck , defense sucks. We suck
BeachPoke
Ranch Hand

Have to agree with you about this. Same poop every year start strong then lay an absolute egg in conference play.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

How many more years does Bohl actually have on his contract? I feel like every year it's still 2 or 3 more. Is it still 2 or 3 more? Is he still the highest paid coach in the mw this year?
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Both lines getting absolutely dominated. This is a 3-4 team that is beating the hell out of us. Another promising year turned to garbage.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:54 pm Both lines getting absolutely dominated. This is a 3-4 team that is beating the hell out of us. Another promising year turned to garbage.
It’s just embarrassing. Both lines just getting absolutely worked. Physically dominated us all game. They treated us like a kid getting thrown around by his big brother. Just disgusting
Last edited by LanderPoke on Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

We should eliminate byes
W-Y, Until I Die!
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 7 times

How do you only get 112 yards of total offense in a game?

Never cross midfield (on your own).
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Once you get film, POKES apparently are pretty easy to gameplan against.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:25 pm Once you get film, POKES apparently are pretty easy to gameplan against.
For sure. O line got DOMINATED by a poop defense. Freaking disgusting and embarrassing. As bad as peasley was the o line was PUTRID
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

This type of game can lead to an absolute unwinding of the season. I can’t really recall a game under Bohl where we came out and just laid down like this. Completely dominated on both sides of the line.

I hope this game will light a fire under the coaches and team but it’s worrying. There isn’t a game on the schedule we can’t win or we can’t lose.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Burman & Bohl, old school stooges. The curtain is falling, & the fat lady farting. Exit stage left, please your services no longer required. Linder and show-time is next, man the lights are fading fast. So tired of this script.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

johnywyo wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:52 am Burman & Bohl, old school stooges. The curtain is falling, & the fat lady farting. Exit stage left, please your services no longer required. Linder and show-time is next, man the lights are fading fast. So tired of this script.
Yah the basketball team beat a D2 school by a handful of points so that’s gonna be a disaster too.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 128 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:47 am
johnywyo wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:52 am Burman & Bohl, old school stooges. The curtain is falling, & the fat lady farting. Exit stage left, please your services no longer required. Linder and show-time is next, man the lights are fading fast. So tired of this script.
Yah the basketball team beat a D2 school by a handful of points so that’s gonna be a disaster too.
I’ll withhold judgement on mbb. Maybe pleasantly surprised. Hoping anyway.
Wicks
Blog Team
Been liked: 2 times

2024 is the final year of his contract. I don't see how Burman can extend him after this season and you can't have a lame duck coach for team and recruiting purposes. Our best case scenario is Bohl announces he will retire after 2024.
WyomingAgJ wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:52 pm How many more years does Bohl actually have on his contract? I feel like every year it's still 2 or 3 more. Is it still 2 or 3 more? Is he still the highest paid coach in the mw this year?
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:25 pm Once you get film, POKES apparently are pretty easy to gameplan against.
Yep. Boise did exactly what anyone with 2 eyes would do against Wyoming: blitz and sit on the slant. Blitzing does 2 things. It takes away the run, and makes our QB (who tends to hold on to the ball for roughly 2 minutes per snap) get rid of the ball before he's ready.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:32 am
Yep. Boise did exactly what anyone with 2 eyes would do against Wyoming: blitz and sit on the slant. Blitzing does 2 things. It takes away the run, and makes our QB (who tends to hold on to the ball for roughly 2 minutes per snap) get rid of the ball before he's ready.
Our passing game is awful. I'm really ready for Peasley to graduate and Mike Grant to be fired. Our WR corps regresses every year.

I am also starting to think that Shannon Moore and Benny Boyd need to go. Moore’s TE group has gone silent. And our secondary is trending bad. They are also listed as the co-Special Teams coaches. Anyone associated with our craptastic special teams grouping needs to be fired.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:01 am
WYO1016 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:32 am

Our passing game is awful. I'm really ready for Peasley to graduate and Mike Grant to be fired. Our WR corps regresses every year.

I am also starting to think that Shannon Moore and Benny Boyd need to go. Moore’s TE group has gone silent. And our secondary is trending bad. They are also listed as the co-Special Teams coaches. Anyone associated with our craptastic special teams grouping needs to be fired.
Look where Wyoming ranks in the NCAA in punt and kick returns.
ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

MrTitleist wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:01 pm

Before he was dismissed, I always thought DQ should be fielding both. Of course, when was the last time a Craig Bohl team had a dynamic punt & kick returner? NEVER.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:15 pm

Before he was dismissed, I always thought DQ should be fielding both. Of course, when was the last time a Craig Bohl team had a dynamic punt & kick returner? NEVER.
Austin Conway, maybe..

DQ would have been an excellent returner.. if anything, extremely entertaining to watch trying to house one.
ImageImageImageImage
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

Mr. T - you are a cruel SOB. I looked. And looked some more. The picture is ugly - and not just on Special Teams.

Our (Not So) Special Teams rankings, for those that are curious, are as follows:

No. 121 in Punt Return Receiving
No. 110 in Kickoff Return Receiving
No. 94 in Kickoff Returns Defended
No. 97 on Punt Returns Defended

Our offensive completion percentage is No. 84 in the nation, which sort of paints a different picture than Craig has offered relative to our passing game being any good on his weekly radio show and underscores why we are ranked:

No. 94 in Offensive 3rd Down Conversions
No. 110 in Offensive First Downs
No. 122 in Total Passing Offense

Lest you think our vaunted running game is helping balance things out, think again - we are No. 75 in the rushing offense department nationally.

Anemic isn't quite the best word for what we are on Offense.

Not to be outdone by our offense, I see our defense is also a bleeding, puss scab we might want to consider re-evaluating. Sure, we have played some decent teams and have really embraced the "bend but don't break" mindset. But, c'mon:

No. 127 in 3rd Down Defense
Dead last (No. 130) in 4th Down Defense
No. 97 in First Downs Allowed on D
No. 111 in Passing Yards per Completion
No. 43 in Total Passing Yards Allowed (Yippee)

So, while our gangrenous offense and special teams have nothing to crow about, the defense might be the worst of the lot.

Nice Program you have there Craig. I guess we are 5-3. So...yeah. Figures lie and liars figure. And all that.
Last edited by LawPoke on Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.