Patiently Waiting

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

I have bit my tongue for the last couple of years now, and after yesterdays stellar performance by the coaching staff, I think it needs to be said....HEY, BURMAN, FIRE YOUR FREAKING FLUNKY AND GET A BASKETBALL COACH....AND PREFERABLY ONE THAT IS NOT A "CRONIE".

This is absolutely disgraceful...pathetic even. Schoyer did NOT have a winning record as a head coach, WTF did people expect when he came here? He left after a conference championship (makes you wonder why, doesnt it?) and went to be another assistant coach again. WAKE UP PEOPLE. He is absolutely a pathetic coach and needs to start packing. Look at how many (or how few) people go to home games. Students would rather STUDY than go to a mens game!!!!!

The sooner Burman gets rid of "not my fault" Schoyer, and the dam CJC moron, the faster we can get back to enjoying watching mens basketball.

Signed,

Patiently waiting for you to pull your head out of your ass and hire a real basketball coach.
wylrae
Buckaroo

Can't disagree with anything you said. However, some of us did in fact question Burman hiring his pal, who I think was something like 14 under at Portland State, and on GWG we were pretty well told that we were Mac lovers and to shut up because we would not recognize good coaching if we saw it. Yes, some of us did think Mac could coach and we recognized that his last few years were not up to his ability. Think if Burman would have sat Mac down and told him right up front this is what you are going to have to do and had given him the tutors Schroyer got for his team he would have come around. I think it a little strange that Mac's teams started going south when Moon left -- does anyone know if maybe Moon played more of a role in monitoring the academic and representing the university and Wyoming than our current and previous Ads do/did. Another point that everyone seems to overlook is that Burman made his hire with apparently not a question from the Univ. President or Trustees about Schroyer's record or whether Burman's friendship with him was overshadowing his interest in seriously looking at any other coach. Sort of odd how everyone came out of the woodwork and questioned everything Moon said or did but are silent when a Wyoming product is making the decisions and saying the things; i.e., something like in referring to Mac's last year "I don't see this as a critical year for him" but then gives him a boot to bring in his buddy. And to top that Burman even goes so far as to buy Wyoming's way into a post-season tournament and gives Schroyer an extension for making post season. Well maybe if Burman and Schroyer can find enough Johnson-Wales and Adam States out there were may again have a winning men's basketball team but based on the past two years and the current year so far, I doubt we, with an exception or two, will see the same effort and fighting spirit that we used to see on the floor. Yes, I am biased in that I liked Mac and Moon. Moon for a couple of seasons used to sit a few seats from me at men's games and on several occasions I saw Mac and his wife sitting in the stands and women's games (know schedules prevent men coachesregular attendance although Mac's wife was in attendance most of the time). Can't say that I have seen Burman in the stands but have seen him in the building, usually in the truck tunnel for brief periods, during the games

Yes, attendance is dismal at men's games and I have my doubts it will be coming back very soon. I know several people who were turned off by the fire/hire process that will probably not be back to men's games. Oh where have the Devoe's, Brandenburg's. etc. (I would include Mac but I know it would upset too many fans) gone who could instill spirit in their players and get an all out effort out of them?
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

I agree with everything said in this thread.

And all I can think of is this for some reason:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ycOBvv0vlM
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

SCREW GWG!!!! Those ol' bastards wouldnt know good coaching or sound decisions if it walked up and kicked them in the ass (and someone really needs to make a sound decision to kick them in the ass). Hell, believe it or not, most of them thought that Koenig could turn it around in football. The faster that Schoyer and the little dip poop dui CJC asshole is gone, then the faster the basketball program for the men will start to heal.

And, as far as I am concerned, Burman can pack his bags as well. Home town boy or not, he is a poop AD...he hired Schroyer and Josh....he is worthless in my book.
Last edited by one-smooth-poke on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

one-smooth-poke wrote:SCREW GWG!!!! Those ol' bastards wouldnt know good coaching or sound decisions if it walked up and kicked them in the ass. Hell, belive it or not, most of them thought that Koenig could turn it around in football. The faster that Schoyer and the little dip s##t dui CJC a##hole is gone, then the faster the basketball program for the men will start to heal.

And, as far as I am concerned, Burman can pack his bags as well. Home town boy or not, he is a s##tty AD...he hired Schroyer and Josh....he is worthless in my book.
Tell us how you really feel. :thumb:
ImageImageImageImage
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I miss Josh Davis, Jay Straight, Dante Richardson, Uche, Ugo, and Marcus...
Poke Around
Ranch Hand

one-smooth-poke wrote:SCREW GWG!!!! Those ol' bastards wouldnt know good coaching or sound decisions if it walked up and kicked them in the ass (and someone really needs to make a sound decision to kick them in the ass). Hell, believe it or not, most of them thought that Koenig could turn it around in football. The faster that Schoyer and the little dip s##t dui CJC a##hole is gone, then the faster the basketball program for the men will start to heal.

And, as far as I am concerned, Burman can pack his bags as well. Home town boy or not, he is a s##tty AD...he hired Schroyer and Josh....he is worthless in my book.

Your ignorance and lack of factual basis is pathetic. And for you to know so much about GWG you must have been one of the users over there so maybe the folks you are screaming about may well be well, you yourself. Your points on Schroyer and Burman are well taken, but you tantrum is pathetic.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Poke Around wrote:
one-smooth-poke wrote:SCREW GWG!!!! Those ol' bastards wouldnt know good coaching or sound decisions if it walked up and kicked them in the ass (and someone really needs to make a sound decision to kick them in the ass). Hell, believe it or not, most of them thought that Koenig could turn it around in football. The faster that Schoyer and the little dip s##t dui CJC a##hole is gone, then the faster the basketball program for the men will start to heal.

Your ignorance and lack of factual basis is pathetic. And for you to know so much about GWG you must have been one of the users over there so maybe the folks you are screaming about may well be well, you yourself. Your points on Schroyer and Burman are well taken, but you tantrum is pathetic.
+1
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Interesting thread. Is it about Heath and his poop...or Tom and his?

People around the state...and specifically the yes-men trustees (and probably Buchanan)...must LOVE Tom. For one, they allowed him to make a hire (Heath) that was / is extremely questionable. It has been brought up many times...but UW paid $30K for a search committee so that it was justified that Tom could hire his buddy? Huh? WTF is that all about? A complete & total recipe for a disaster IMO.

Maybe he gets a pass because of his soccer coach hire? And definitely because of his Wrestling hire. Surely not his volleyball hire, as Yerty has her own bag of issues...and hasn't done squat to be competitive at UW. Football...well...good to go so far...BUT I am of the mind that DC runs his own show, and gets what he wants regardless of direction from the AD & that department (DC owns Tom). And yes, Tom probably has done something (I think) to keep Legerski happy.

But, as the #2 revenue sport at UW, and with the ceiling as high as it is for UW basketball...wow...it appears that he sure poop the bed on that decision.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

Shroyer looked like a good hire so I'm not upset with Burman over it....but it was readily apparent after about 10-15 games into his first season he sucked bad. The plan should have been to suffer through 3 years and buy out the last two. The extension after last season is what boggles me. Only fathonable rational has to be some sort of automatic extension if certain criteria were met. Heath has to go....but I still generally like Burman.
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

Dread Pirate, I dig the AOD quote that's part of your signature! I think Heath sucks too but overall I give Tom a passing grade. The contract extension was stupid. Tom probably got some of that back in his pocket when Heath cut him a check. What exactly is Heath's offense? High pick and then drive the net, hope to draw a foul and/or throw up crazy shot. I just can't tell.
W-Y, Until I Die!