Brutal loss

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 599 times
Been liked: 238 times

This one hurts the worst since the conference championship game.

Just sickening play calling and execution in the final 5:00 after AF gifted us the win. Devastating
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Such poor coaching and special teams play killed our chances. That's two trick plays on specials teams in 2 weeks. Who is our special teams coach?
I'm good for 3!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Cornpoke wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:22 pm Such poor coaching and special teams play killed our chances. That's two trick plays on specials teams in 2 weeks. Who is our special teams coach?
7 points on fgs and essentially 7 points on the fake punt. that's 14 points and that's the difference in the game. Sickening. Should have won even with our defense getting abused like they did. Makes me want to break things. Hoyland has been BUTT lately. Career defining misses tonight.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

gonna be 2 in losses in a row. Boise will beat us Guaranteed.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

We were so so close to the top 25. Brutal
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

It was brutal. Now we know how Appy state and TT this year. We still have a chance to play these motherscratchers again. Next time with a healthy Waylee!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I listened as always, wth is it with our conservative bs when the passing was working. I get it one of our starting linemen went out but it seemed when Redshoes missed the 2nd one our offense panicked and didn't want to give him a shot again. Yes those wide rights got into his head, but play football the last 2 minutes and improvise more, make something happen, dont just look like the same vanilla bs we see time and time again. Piss poor game management the last 3 minutes of this shoulda been win.., BE PREPARED FOR TRICKERY TOO, FAKE PUNTS ARE ALSO PART OF THE GAME, CMON..What is it about when we are sniffing the Top 25 we lay golden dinosaur eggs??? Bad night for Redshoes but cmon find ways to win a football game not panic cuz a weapon isnt working....this one will hurt thru the bye and now we'll see how good AF wants to win this conference outright...hope they enjoy their 24th ranking next week as we handed this win to them....Grrrrrr...as for Boise that hail mary in Foco will sting and maybe we finally get one at the smurf turf
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

AFA had a bye week before the game, it was entirely predictable that they would have worked on a trick play or two with the extra time to prepare.This one hurts because despite our terrible 2d half, Wyoming had a chance to win in the last 3 minutes and failed to capitalize.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times

We need AFA to drop two conference games. Depends on their QB situation, IMO.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:32 pm gonna be 2 in losses in a row. Boise will beat us Guaranteed.
To be fair, Boise State just gave up possibly the worst loss in school history to CSU.

Up 30-10 with 4:01 left to play and they actually lost 31-30.

If you've actually watched Boise State football this year, you've noticed that while they still have flashes of dominance, they also have glaring weaknesses...and this is probably the weakest BSU team since 2013 (Petersen's final year).

I'm actually more worried about UNLV at this point.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

J-Bone wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:00 am We need AFA to drop two conference games. Depends on their QB situation, IMO.
It would be nice padding, but not necessarily. Remember, we don't have divisions anymore. We're still in the driver's seat for a championship appearance; if we win out we'd own the H2H over Fresno (check), Boise, and UNLV and we'd rematch AFA in the title game. (If AFA wins out they'd host, obviously, but yea.)

Also, Calhoun didn't seem super concerned in their postgame, so there's that. Think it'll probably be a short-term thing.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

I'm not sure we should be thinking about the conference championship game just yet. Our run defense is not very good. I think we have to forget about guaranteed 3's anymore. Once a kicker misses multiple kicks, especially important ones, the thought of going for it on 4th down has to be favored.
The play calling on the last possession was a return to the conservative stuff we've grown accustomed to. Maybe Bohl had flashbacks to last year's Boise st. game. But playing for the field goal with a shaky kicker is questionable,

Whatever. They ran the ball down our throats the second half. I'm not sure we're really that good. We've won close games but we haven't dominated anyone.
This is the worst Boise St. team I can remember. They let csewe hang around last night with some awful interceptions. It's no wonder they are playing 2 qb's because neither is worth a damn.
If we can't beat them this year, we never will. But I'm afraid we have started our traditional 2nd half of the season swoon last night and no game is a guaranteed win the way we finish games.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I guess I'm an outlier. To me, POKES feel like a team that's going to be pretty dangerous by the end of the season.

Missed a few plays. Gotta learn how to win big games on the road.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Best 2 teams in the conference. Wyoming blew some chances. Helped Wyoming when their QB went down and couldn’t play the last 3 or 4 possessions for them.

Also don’t forget they got 7 points on a play that was a fumble for sure and should have been Wyoming’s ball. Between the refs not taking a look at that play and the Wyoming coaching staff not having a review done we lose by 7 points. Another place you can say the final outcome or score was the difference.,

I would like to hear Bohls comments on why they didn’t have that looked at as a coaching staff. Can’t always count on the refs to review it.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 49 times

Tough loss for sure. The refs missed that Air Force fumble down near the goal line, but that isn’t what lost us this game.

Air Force made plays when they needed to in crunch time and we did not. I think the better overall team won last night. Wyoming still has a very good team. They just ran into a better team last night.

Onto Boise State. Can’t ruminate on this loss forever.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Can someone explain exactly how the review process works in college
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 49 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:11 am Can someone explain exactly how the review process works in college
My understanding is that most times this process is initiated by a review official in the booth. Of course, he/she has to communicate the need for a review down to the official on the field prior to the next snap so that play can be stopped and the referee can go watch the video replay.

Coaches also have the ability to challenge, but they must call a timeout in order to do so. Each team get's one coaches challenge per game, but they can get a second challenge if the first challenge is successful AND they have a timeout remaining.

I missed some of the first half yesterday, so I'm not sure if Bohl had already used a challenge. If he did, and it was not successful, then he would be unable to challenge another play for the rest of the game. Wyoming did have timeout's remaining, so that would not have been the issue.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:44 am I guess I'm an outlier. To me, POKES feel like a team that's going to be pretty dangerous by the end of the season.

Missed a few plays. Gotta learn how to win big games on the road.
I’m with ya. It isn’t like we got beat by a bad team. It does hurt because Hoyland has been so money. Additionally, the offensive scheme H2 wasn’t good. But, I’ll be there for the Border War and the ewes have improved. Boise St is beatable.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times

AFA is #22.

We’re still receiving votes.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

J-Bone wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:27 pm AFA is #22.

We’re still receiving votes.
Heartbreaking. That was a winnable game for UW.

I love this team, but what a EPIC collapse in coaching in the 2nd half. Just like last week.