The War was Top 15 Loudest Last Week

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

https://x.com/BigGameBoomer/status/1709 ... 61614?s=20

Listed as Week 6, but it's likely referencing last week.

What was the attendance?
cowpokeguy
Buckaroo
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times

J-Bone wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:23 pm What was the attendance?
25477, was a great turnout!
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

cowpokeguy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:25 pm
J-Bone wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:23 pm What was the attendance?
25477, was a great turnout!
It was a pleasant surprise to see that many fans at the game. I think the 2:00 PM kickoff had a lot to do with it. I doubt there will be 20,000 at the game Saturday due primarily to the late start and the game being televised.
And hunting season of course.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

J-Bone wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:23 pm https://x.com/BigGameBoomer/status/1709 ... 61614?s=20

What was the attendance?
BigGameBoomer is one of the worst accounts on twitter (or X, or whatever). Dude just throws poop at the wall to see what sticks. How TF do you determine which stadium is loud/quiet? Is it just an opinion from highlights? Are the decibel meters at the games, and if so, why aren't the decibels listed? I appreciate that he's a college football fan, but that is one runny stinking turd of an account.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:23 am
J-Bone wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:23 pm https://x.com/BigGameBoomer/status/1709 ... 61614?s=20

What was the attendance?
BigGameBoomer is one of the worst accounts on twitter (or X, or whatever). Dude just throws poop at the wall to see what sticks. How TF do you determine which stadium is loud/quiet? Is it just an opinion from highlights? Are the decibel meters at the games, and if so, why aren't the decibels listed? I appreciate that he's a college football fan, but that is one runny stinking turd of an account.
That's honestly the greatest part of his acct.. he gets people so mad because he just pulls this stuff out of his ass and it's hilarious to watch the meltdowns.
ImageImageImageImage
J-Bone
Ranch Hand

I'm unfamiliar with him. Just popped up in my feed from following Wyoming stuff.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

I watched the last few minutes of the Fresno game from the north end zone. It was loud for 25k in the stands. Nice work fans.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:23 am Are the decibel meters at the games
I mean, I don't know about this particular instance, but there are decibel meters at a lot of major college football games; this isn't anything secret or new.

I will say that as the first half against Fresno State concluded, War Memorial was loud as f***. Possibly the loudest I've heard it in many years, especially at that point in a game.

Which is pretty impressive, considering announced attendance was only 20k and it was pretty disappointingly empty looking considering the game, the weather, etc.
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:44 pm I watched the last few minutes of the Fresno game from the north end zone. It was loud for 25k in the stands. Nice work fans.
25k was UNM. Fresno State was only 20k, which, again, is somewhat disappointing. But makes the loudness even more impressive.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:39 am
WYO1016 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:23 am Are the decibel meters at the games
I mean, I don't know about this particular instance, but there are decibel meters at a lot of major college football games; this isn't anything secret or new.

I will say that as the first half against Fresno State concluded, War Memorial was loud as f***. Possibly the loudest I've heard it in many years, especially at that point in a game.

Which is pretty impressive, considering announced attendance was only 20k and it was pretty disappointingly empty looking considering the game, the weather, etc.
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 3:44 pm I watched the last few minutes of the Fresno game from the north end zone. It was loud for 25k in the stands. Nice work fans.
25k was UNM. Fresno State was only 20k, which, again, is somewhat disappointing. But makes the loudness even more impressive.
I hadn’t heard the official #s for Fresno. I was presuming 25k. Have to agree, with this team, that game, nice weather, Fox telecast………really disappointing we couldn’t get more fans. Ah well……it is what it is. Great game to be at. The missing fans - missed out.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:44 am
I hadn’t heard the official #s for Fresno. I was presuming 25k. Have to agree, with this team, that game, nice weather, Fox telecast………really disappointing we couldn’t get more fans. Ah well……it is what it is. Great game to be at. The missing fans - missed out.

I'm not super torn up over it, because the fan that did show up were absolutely rabid and the atmosphere was great.

But...I do think it's a bit of an indictment of the fanbase. None of the usual excuses apply.

Championship contending team. Nationally televised. Ranked opponent. Decent kickoff time. Perfect weather. Inexpensive tickets.

There's a LOT of times where attendance in Laramie gets a pass obviously. There's a reason we've only sold out the War like ten times ever. But last night should have been one of them. Instead....we weren't even remotely close.

Players, coaches, etc. notice and feel that kind of thing after a while. There's a reason Bohl often pleads for fans to show out for games like this in his weekly pressers.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:55 am
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:44 am

I'm not super torn up over it, because the fan that did show up were absolutely rabid and the atmosphere was great.

But...I do think it's a bit of an indictment of the fanbase. None of the usual excuses apply.

Championship contending team. Nationally televised. Ranked opponent. Decent kickoff time. Perfect weather. Inexpensive tickets.

There's a LOT of times where attendance in Laramie gets a pass obviously. There's a reason we've only sold out the War like ten times ever. But last night should have been one of them. Instead....we weren't even remotely close.

Players, coaches, etc. notice and feel that kind of thing after a while. There's a reason Bohl often pleads for fans to show out for games like this in his weekly pressers.
Evening game, dude. We always have light crowds for evening games. And three weeks in a row is tough. People have to pick and choose.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:09 am
DamThatRiver22 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:55 am

Evening game, dude. We always have light crowds for evening games. And three weeks in a row is tough. People have to pick and choose.
In the area where I have my tickets there are people from Sheridan, Gillette, Cody, Saratoga and if it is a day game Glenwood Springs. They are devoted fans but do not always make it for the late starting games. I do not blame them. It is one thing for me to travel 45 minutes to get there another for someone to drive 4-6 hours and hopefully spend the night at someplace decent without having to shell out $300+.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

I wasn't there so I'm including myself in this criticism: complete horse s h I t that it wasn't a sellout. No excuse. We (fans) have 0 to complain about in the next round of realignment no matter what happens to us. Pathetic.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:29 am I wasn't there so I'm including myself in this criticism: complete horse s h I t that it wasn't a sellout. No excuse. We (fans) have 0 to complain about in the next round of realignment no matter what happens to us. Pathetic.
Unfortunately...a sellout (or a string of them) wouldn't move the TV needle needed to matter for realignment.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

307bball wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:30 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:29 am I wasn't there so I'm including myself in this criticism: complete horse s h I t that it wasn't a sellout. No excuse. We (fans) have 0 to complain about in the next round of realignment no matter what happens to us. Pathetic.
Unfortunately...a sellout (or a string of them) wouldn't move the TV needle needed to matter for realignment.
Our TV rating wasn't bad. At this point, performance will matter (no teams in our group move the TV needle that much).

Everyone wants championship teams without championship support. Everyone wants a team that doesn't make excuses but gives 10k excuses for the lack of support.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

You guys realize that this is set to be one of the best attendance years on record? What is anyone expecting. I bet fund raising efforts are at an all time high, too. The program is getting pretty good support
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

307bball wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:30 am
Agree, it would move the needle for the support of the team.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand

Our attendance ceiling seems to be around 25k-27k for good conference play. Maybe that's just the nature of our location and population.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

J-Bone wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:30 pm Our attendance ceiling seems to be around 25k-27k for good conference play. Maybe that's just the nature of our location and population.
It takes time and sustained excellence to build a fan base. We had it in the 90s. The 2000s and most of 2010s has not been great. It may take more than a good 6 game stretch to build excitement.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

ImageImageImageImage