West side renovations

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

This doesn't affect me directly as a season ticket holder and I probably, ok,.. won't, be able to afford a fancy new loge box seat, but wanted to know your thoughts. Hope people don't get pissed off and alienated like the AA remodel that ruined our basketball fan base.
https://restorethewar.com/
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

I agree LanderPoke, hope this doesn't go the "Burman Way" again, and leave us with a 1/2 empty seating area that never gets used, or rarely gets used. Gotta say though, in the grand scheme of things, it is smart to go after the high dollar donor that can pay & afford $50k a year for 6 games. Bring attendance down, but bring income up. We will see.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:02 pm I agree LanderPoke, hope this doesn't go the "Burman Way" again, and leave us with a 1/2 empty seating area that never gets used, or rarely gets used. Gotta say though, in the grand scheme of things, it is smart to go after the high dollar donor that can pay & afford $50k a year for 6 games. Bring attendance down, but bring income up. We will see.
Apparently some people have season tickets down there that don't have to pay the massive per seat CJC donation. I've never concerned myself with CJC (just pay the minimum that they make me to buy season tix), but many were "grandfathered" in and are exempt. That treatment is going away, apparently. There will be huge increases in price for those people. How many "grandfathered" season ticket holders are there? Doubt many of the grandfathered season ticket holders renew.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:10 pm
McPeachy wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:02 pm I agree LanderPoke, hope this doesn't go the "Burman Way" again, and leave us with a 1/2 empty seating area that never gets used, or rarely gets used. Gotta say though, in the grand scheme of things, it is smart to go after the high dollar donor that can pay & afford $50k a year for 6 games. Bring attendance down, but bring income up. We will see.
Apparently some people have season tickets down there that don't have to pay the massive per seat CJC donation. I've never concerned myself with CJC (just pay the minimum that they make me to buy season tix), but many were "grandfathered" in and are exempt. That treatment is going away, apparently. There will be huge increases in price for those people. How many "grandfathered" season ticket holders are there? Doubt many of the grandfathered season ticket holders renew.
I would say at least 25% of the season ticket holders in the lower west side have been grandfathered in. There will be some that renew, but a lot of the folks that have kept up their tickets while they stop going to as many games will just let them go.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:43 pm
I would say at least 25% of the season ticket holders in the lower west side have been grandfathered in. There will be some that renew, but a lot of the folks that have kept up their tickets while they stop going to as many games will just let them go.
Grandfathering will be removed, unless the lower west stands season ticket holder moves seats to the upper west, or upper east. That is going to, and likely already has, piss a lot of folks off that have been in those same seats for decades. It is lining up to be very similar to the AA, but it is all about the $$$.
Dear Karma,

ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

50 mill from the state is pretty big chunk of change.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:30 am
Grandfathering will be removed, unless the lower west stands season ticket holder moves seats to the upper west, or upper east. That is going to, and likely already has, piss a lot of folks off that have been in those same seats for decades. It is lining up to be very similar to the AA, but it is all about the $$$.
You won’t see me moving from the East side where we have first row seats and where I believe the atmosphere is much better.

But, the system can be gamed a bit. A person could ‘pool’ their priority points with up to 8 others and then the average of the group is used for seat selection. The trick is finding someone with a really high priority points to bring the entire group way up.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Honestly, that’s probably a good thing. It was embarrassing to see how many lower west side fans’ seats were acquired by Texas Tech fans.

But I’ve been saying this for years for basketball, we need to develop a system that will ensure the lower seats in both football and basketball don’t sit empty. My idea is a quick email before every game that allows the season ticket holder to ‘donate’ their tickets that can then be given to boys and girls club, high school kids, etc…
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

The west side has always been the best side of the stadium so it is nice to see we are finally going to have a stadium that matches the century we are in.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:24 am
Honestly, that’s probably a good thing. It was embarrassing to see how many lower west side fans’ seats were acquired by Texas Tech fans.

But I’ve been saying this for years for basketball, we need to develop a system that will ensure the lower seats in both football and basketball don’t sit empty. My idea is a quick email before every game that allows the season ticket holder to ‘donate’ their tickets that can then be given to boys and girls club, high school kids, etc…
Agreed 100%. The Broncos send emails every home game asking "do you plan to attend" (ask peepeepeople - he knows, lmao). I am not sure empty seats will be better than visitors (that pissed me off as well) - the AA has been a sad affair, and we all know where 100% of the blame goes! Same guy involved in this one, and the track record isn't great.
Dear Karma,

WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Just build a dome. Multi purpose dome that has stuff that the whole university can use. Multi purpose rooms, conference rooms. We just keep putting duct tape on things.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:48 pm Just build a dome. Multi purpose dome that has stuff that the whole university can use. Multi purpose rooms, conference rooms. We just keep putting duct tape on things.
I'd vote no on that. I love to be outdoors for a football game. I don't love the bad weather games but one of the most memorable games (because of the weather) was when we beat csewe 24-0 in 2006. That was the coldest game I've ever been to. But saturday will be nice. That's 5 home games with good weather. We don't need a dome for a few bad weather games a year.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

WyoVaquero wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:48 pm Just build a dome. Multi purpose dome that has stuff that the whole university can use. Multi purpose rooms, conference rooms. We just keep putting duct tape on things.
I think, for the most part, the upgrades have met my expectations (jury is out on this upcoming). The one FU I see, is when they built the Wildcatter area, they didn't take the suites all the way to the edges of the upper east stands. Therefore, you have about 40 seats that are obstructed views, and the addition looks incomplete. The RAC is outstanding, top half NCAA facility at worst.
Dear Karma,

doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

Too expensive and does not solve the problem of low population/attendance.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

doreno5 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:42 pm
That is an interesting thought. But if there was a dome do you believe it would allow people to come to games in cold or bad weather if they knew they would at least be sitting indoors?
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

The dome would not be just for football though. You can have a lot of different type of events there that can bring money to the university and the city of Laramie. I do not think it will ever happen, but it's good to be ambitious instead of reacting and always trying to keep up. Laramie and Wyoming and not very populated and it gets cold, but I think the one way we can always keep any sort of relevance is with facilities.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times

How many seats are we losing with this remodel. It looks like it could be a few thousand. Seems like they keep trying to shrink the stadium so they can raise prices.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:16 pm
doreno5 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:42 pm

That is an interesting thought. But if there was a dome do you believe it would allow people to come to games in cold or bad weather if they knew they would at least be sitting indoors?
Sitting indoors is the least of most folks' worries when coming to Laramie in the winter. I'll freeze my ass off in a stadium, but if the roads are "high chance of totalling your car" crappy I'll stay home.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:46 pm The dome would not be just for football though. You can have a lot of different type of events there that can bring money to the university and the city of Laramie. I do not think it will ever happen, but it's good to be ambitious instead of reacting and always trying to keep up. Laramie and Wyoming and not very populated and it gets cold, but I think the one way we can always keep any sort of relevance is with facilities.
What would a dome be able to house that the AA or War already can't?

Most things I can think of (large concerts, Motorcross, etc) wouldn't happen in Laramie in general, regardless of weather issues.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:27 am
WyoVaquero wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:46 pm The dome would not be just for football though. You can have a lot of different type of events there that can bring money to the university and the city of Laramie. I do not think it will ever happen, but it's good to be ambitious instead of reacting and always trying to keep up. Laramie and Wyoming and not very populated and it gets cold, but I think the one way we can always keep any sort of relevance is with facilities.
What would a dome be able to house that the AA or War already can't?

Most things I can think of (large concerts, Motorcross, etc) wouldn't happen in Laramie in general, regardless of weather issues.
The only thing I can think of would be moving some state high school events out of Casper. But a dome makes no sense unless Wyoming is looking to bring back baseball and add softball (which wouldn’t make much sense anyways). The fact of the matter is that it would be a colossal waste of money and would be unlikely to add to attendance figures for football.