Wyoming at Texas

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

One story line is Isaiah Neyor. He might have killed his draft chances with the transfer. Last year a season ending knee injury in fall camp followed by Texas putting together the deepest WR unit in college football. This year he is a non-factor - he has one catch on the year for 14 yards.

It’s a bummer because he appears to be the missing ingredient for Wyoming this year. With our stellar TEs and the ability of Asante to work in space and stretch the field, we could really use a WR who can go up and high point the ball. Damn what could have been.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:43 am One story line is Isaiah Neyor. He might have killed his draft chances with the transfer. Last year a season ending knee injury in fall camp followed by Texas putting together the deepest WR unit in college football. This year he is a non-factor - he has one catch on the year for 14 yards.

It’s a bummer because he appears to be the missing ingredient for Wyoming this year. With our stellar TEs and the ability of Asante to work in space and stretch the field, we could really use a WR who can go up and high point the ball. Damn what could have been.
This game does not have me excited. Hopefully we can escape with no injuries. And screw Neyor. Hope whatever money he got was worth it to him.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:45 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:43 am One story line is Isaiah Neyor. He might have killed his draft chances with the transfer. Last year a season ending knee injury in fall camp followed by Texas putting together the deepest WR unit in college football. This year he is a non-factor - he has one catch on the year for 14 yards.

This game does not have me excited. Hopefully we can escape with no injuries. And screw Neyor. Hope whatever money he got was worth it to him.
He made the wise financial choice at the time. I’m rooting for him other than this game.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Bohl says Waylee is expected back. Big shot in the arm for the offense.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:06 am
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:45 am
He made the wise financial choice at the time. I’m rooting for him other than this game.
at the time. Had he stayed here I bet he gets drafted. Long term maybe he didn't make such a great choice.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:37 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:06 am

at the time. Had he stayed here I bet he gets drafted. Long term maybe he didn't make such a great choice.
No. He wouldn't have been drafted had he stayed here. Do you remember our passing offense with Levi Williams? You don't get drafted when your qb can't hit the broad side of a barn.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

bladerunnr wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:44 am
No. He wouldn't have been drafted had he stayed here. Do you remember our passing offense with Levi Williams? You don't get drafted when your qb can't hit the broad side of a barn.
Disagree. He would have put up numbers about like this: 1,000 yards 10 TDS 15-20 yards/reception. Those are good numbers and all likely with a high degree of difficulty with him winning contested balls out of the air. Scouts aren't retarded. They can see what kind of offense we run and Neyor's talent is obvious.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

I believe he gets drafted and gets drafted in the first 4 rounds if he stayed here. Even with terrible QB play, the dude made plays and showed his freakish athleticism. But going to Texas gave him a chance to be a first round draft pick. Then he tears his ACL and Texas loads up with a room full of NFL receivers. So now the story will probably be that the injury greatly affected Neyor or he just isn’t that good.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:02 am

Disagree. He would have put up numbers about like this: 1,000 yards 10 TDS 15-20 yards/reception. Those are good numbers and all likely with a high degree of difficulty with him winning contested balls out of the air. Scouts aren't retarded. They can see what kind of offense we run and Neyor's talent is obvious.
Being the Big Fish in the small pond can help you stand out. I have no doubt he made the better short term financial decision but that may ultimately may have cost him long term
I'm good for 3!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:08 am

I believe he gets drafted and gets drafted in the first 4 rounds if he stayed here. Even with terrible QB play, the dude made plays and showed his freakish athleticism. But going to Texas gave him a chance to be a first round draft pick. Then he tears his ACL and Texas loads up with a room full of NFL receivers. So now the story will probably be that the injury greatly affected Neyor or he just isn’t that good.
I agree. Every college coach in the country recognized his talent. The nfl would too. I also agree that being at Texas probably ups his chances at being a 1st rounder. Nfl teams would probably try to steal him a little later if he was at Wyoming.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

Neyor was that broad side of a barn.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Anyone get the Longhorn network? Our game is only televised on the Texas Longhorn network.
My cable system doesn't get it. Weird.
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

bladerunnr wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:59 pm Anyone get the Longhorn network? Our game is only televised on the Texas Longhorn network.
My cable system doesn't get it. Weird.
Ahh you gotta be kidding me....http://www.espn.com/longhornnetwork/faq

Feels like we've went back 5-10 years in time. What a load of bull sh*t....... :willybs:
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

You can get a seven day free trial to Fubo if you don’t mind giving them credit card info. Longhorn network is on fubo. Cancel after the game.
jethro
Buckaroo

Texas guy here. Like mentioned above, there are free trials with the streaming services. I started off with a free trial with Sling but I liked it so much that I cut cable and went to Sling for everything. Just pick the Orange plan and the sports package and you should be good to go. Just remember to cancel afterwards.

Most of us are glad that LHN will be gone after this year. Contractually, LHN is supposed to get 2 games I believe and this is one of them.

Good luck to the Pokes this season. After what y'all did to TTU, you guys have a lot of folks in Texas that are fans of the program.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:06 am He made the wise financial choice at the time. I’m rooting for him other than this game.
This.

I'll never understand the petulant whining of fans that are mad because a kid made the best decision for himself and his family at the time and decided not to play for their school.

And then turn around and poke at them when sh** doesn't work out for completely chance reasons (injury, etc.).

Like seriously, grow up.

Almost every single one of us has left a job or career for a better one, and had to make decisions based on factors that other people weren't necessarily privy to. And it hasn't always worked out, but that's irrelevant.

These are the same people that continually seem to insinuate that I'm not "loyal" or a "true" Wyomingite because I chose to go elsewhere for my education. Even though I was born and raised here, and have lived here 90% of my adult life.

It's bizarre and childish.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Hate the game not the player.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

I did not know that Tevis Bartlett (Cheyenne East/U of Washington) is a grad assistant at Texas.

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... -top-story
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

Did anybody watch Coach Sarkisian's Monday press conference?

I did. He spent all of about 20 seconds talking about Wyoming and didn't have much to say other than "they are well coached". The media didn't ask him a single question about Wyoming. They were more interested in finding out what famous people texted him offering congratulations after the Alabama game.

The closer this game gets, the better I feel about our chances.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

TheRealUW wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:29 am Did anybody watch Coach Sarkisian's Monday press conference?

I did. He spent all of about 20 seconds talking about Wyoming and didn't have much to say other than "they are well coached". The media didn't ask him a single question about Wyoming. They were more interested in finding out what famous people texted him offering congratulations after the Alabama game.

The closer this game gets, the better I feel about our chances.
I was skipping forward through his press conference and never found that he talked about Wyoming at all. Glad he talked about us for 20 seconds :rofl: