Predictions Texas Tech

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

I got pokes 27-24.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

21-20 Pokes!! Why not
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

I have no idea. How do the odds makers even come up with a spread for the first game of the season?

Best I can do is the Pokes beat the spread.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Make yourselves rich...line is at +14 I think.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 89 times

Tech 34-13

Sorry. Not buying the hype. Our offense is garbage and our defense will get tired. They return everyone in an offense that scored in buckets last year. And our offense couldn't score 21 on Laramie High.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LawPoke wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:21 am Tech 34-13

Sorry. Not buying the hype. Our offense is garbage and our defense will get tired. They return everyone in an offense that scored in buckets last year. And our offense couldn't score 21 on Laramie High.
Yeah, I should have been more clear. If you think the POKES can hang, go make yourself rich.

Our D might be good but with a terrible passing game, they can't practice against what Tech will bring.

I'm really worried about the front end of the schedule.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:03 am
LawPoke wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:21 am Tech 34-13

Yeah, I should have been more clear. If you think the POKES can hang, go make yourself rich.

Our D might be good but with a terrible passing game, they can't practice against what Tech will bring.

I'm really worried about the front end of the schedule.
I am too. We get boat raced by TTU and Texas for sure. Appy State could tell the tale for the season. I stand by my early thoughts that we are a .500 team at best.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

I think it's probably a similar game to when Washington State came to Laramie with Mike Leach and Gardner Minshew.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 48 times

42-21 Texas Tech

Our defense is strong overall, but the weak point is pass defense. Unless there has been a big improvement in our pass defense since last year, Texas Tech’s air raid will create massive issues for us.

Our offense will score a couple times once the game has already been decided and Texas Tech has inserted their back ups.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

TTU 45-13.

There's nothing here. Not against a team of that caliber. Good defense and special teams, but the defense will get tired and ST by nature isn't as consistent as the primary sides of the ball.

I've spoken with a few TTU fans and they're very confident in their D-line at the P5 level; our offense is going to be obliterated.

Honestly, my prediction may be a bit generous. TTU is twice the team Illinois was, and we all saw how embarrassing that was. I'm giving Johnny two shoes the benefit of a couple long field goals...but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we actually don't score a TD.

Edited to add: We're missing our top two RBs, there's no indication Peasley has any more WR help (plus Pellisier is injured?), and it's still Bohl's system with Polasek in charge and Mike f***ing Grant developing the passing game and WRs.

I really hate to be a debbie downer, but this team doesn't show promise and this year's schedule is freaking rough.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

sadly, my prediction is I will get so frustrated by the" 2 runs off tackle and throw a incomplete pass short of the first down marker" offense that I will leave the game before the start of the 4th .
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

doreno5 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:31 pm sadly, my prediction is I will get so frustrated by the" 2 runs off tackle and throw a incomplete pass short of the first down marker" offense that I will leave the game before the start of the 4th .
Yep. It seems to me that these are games that Bohl just tries to survive and get through. I never get the sense that he actually has a plan or real desire to win. He will work his damnedest to shorten the game and only lose by a couple of TDs. Outside of the Mizzou game several years ago, I can't point to a non-conference game that we were large dogs in that I felt we could or would actually win. Texas Tech and Texas feel like throw-away losses. I hope I'm wrong and we come out swinging. I doubt we do though.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

Tech -17 .

It's easy to win by two touchdowns. Down by 7 late and the other team scores another TD and it's 14

My gut says 30-13. It'll be decently close. But it'll be 13-3 or 13-6 or so by half. Bohl's philosophy isn't great for these kind of games. Even if we're only down 10 late, he'll still be conservative hoping for a long scoring drive that gets us to within 3 or 7 and then hope the D gets a stop giving us the ball on the final drive to either tie or win with a FG.
W-Y, Until I Die!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:46 pm Tech -17 .

It's easy to win by two touchdowns. Down by 7 late and the other team scores another TD and it's 14

My gut says 30-13. It'll be decently close. But it'll be 13-3 or 13-6 or so by half. Bohl's philosophy isn't great for these kind of games. Even if we're only down 10 late, he'll still be conservative hoping for a long scoring drive that gets us to within 3 or 7 and then hope the D gets a stop giving us the ball on the final drive to either tie or win with a FG.
Yep....and I don't really blame Bohl for trying that strategy. If Wyoming were to win that seems like the highest likelihood way to get there. It's not like we are going to be close any other way.

They almost did it to Boise last year but made the dumb call to let Clemens throw it and ended up losing the game.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Nationally televised game. I really hope we keep it close, and the fans stay engaged. The game looks like it’s almost a sellout. Let’s shock the Raiders!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

I would love to see us come out and play action pass on every play. I'm guessing the first 10 plays are scripted and probably 8 of them are runs. And when we do the 3 plays and a punt thing, the excitement of the crowd just deflates and there's this realization that the offense is going to struggle. And struggle. And struggle. For once, I'd like to see the offense do something where I could say "Wow, I haven't seen that before". Dream the impossible dream.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 48 times

phxpoke wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:25 am Nationally televised game. I really hope we keep it close, and the fans stay engaged. The game looks like it’s almost a sellout. Let’s shock the Raiders!
I'm not very familiar with what ticket sales typically look like 4 days out from game day, but it sure looks like there are plenty of seats still available. I'm sure ticket sales are ahead of most home games, but do we really expect this game to sell out? I'm genuinely curious.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

bladerunnr wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:47 am I would love to see us come out and play action pass on every play. I'm guessing the first 10 plays are scripted and probably 8 of them are runs. And when we do the 3 plays and a punt thing, the excitement of the crowd just deflates and there's this realization that the offense is going to struggle. And struggle. And struggle. For once, I'd like to see the offense do something where I could say "Wow, I haven't seen that before". Dream the impossible dream.
Unfortunately....if Wyoming comes out and does play action pass on every play...I don't think the likelihood of going 3 and out goes down.

Our offense will fail...whether it be via incomplete passes and sacks or via runs averaging 1.5 yards per attempt. The only way we score will be on long field goals, turnovers, special teams play resulting in short fields.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

307bball wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:26 am
bladerunnr wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:47 am I would love to see us come out and play action pass on every play. I'm guessing the first 10 plays are scripted and probably 8 of them are runs. And when we do the 3 plays and a punt thing, the excitement of the crowd just deflates and there's this realization that the offense is going to struggle. And struggle. And struggle. For once, I'd like to see the offense do something where I could say "Wow, I haven't seen that before". Dream the impossible dream.
Unfortunately....if Wyoming comes out and does play action pass on every play...I don't think the likelihood of going 3 and out goes down.

Our offense will fail...whether it be via incomplete passes and sacks or via runs averaging 1.5 yards per attempt. The only way we score will be on long field goals, turnovers, special teams play resulting in short fields.
But in the unlikely event that we complete a few passes, it might open up the running game. I'm tired of watching opposing team safeties cheat up to play the run. We need to keep them honest.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Tech by 24.

WYO 9
Tech 33