Other places to talk POKES sports?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

This site is great so not knocking it.

Are there other sites as well?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:21 pm This site is great so not knocking it.

The only other one I would know of is GoWyoGo.com, the site that a good percentage of us came from in the late 2000s.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Wyokie wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:01 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:21 pm This site is great so not knocking it.

The only other one I would know of is GoWyoGo.com, the site that a good percentage of us came from in the late 2000s.
And I am guessing that most of us left gowyogo because we didn’t want to pay for the privilege of posting to a message board
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

ZapPoke wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:16 pm
Wyokie wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:01 pm

And I am guessing that most of us left gowyogo because we didn’t want to pay for the privilege of posting to a message board
LOL Good memory. That was the main reason for most of us. And the fallout from the "Jaycee Carroll War" didn't help matters either. Anybody remember the name...Jaycee Carroll? Hint: former basketball player from Evanston who ended up at Utah State.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

Honestly, not really.

Reddit has a huge, active, amazing CFB community at large that I'm super active in (r/cfb), and there's a similar one for CBB. But for our program specifically, or for other college sports? Not so much.

There's a Wyoming Cowboys football subreddit specifically, but it's not active at all. We're a small school with a small fanbase.

Not really a fan of any of the Facebook groups or pages; FB has become a cesspool of braindead boomers and super casual fans with garbage takes and a general lack of football/collegiate sports knowledge, and it's impossible to have nuanced or intelligent discussion over there.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

7220 sports social media pages. Other than that, not really that I’m aware of.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

Ian kind of f'kd up the GoWyoGo board with the "premium" experiment to vet "real" Poke fans. Used to be a pretty good place for open conversation about Wyoming sports until a few people got butthurt. Thankfully WyoNation was there when the purge began!! This is the place for open and honest praise and criticism of Wyoming Sports!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:58 pm Ian kind of f'kd up the GoWyoGo board with the "premium" experiment to vet "real" Poke fans. Used to be a pretty good place for open conversation about Wyoming sports until a few people got butthurt. Thankfully WyoNation was there when the purge began!! This is the place for open and honest praise and criticism of Wyoming Sports!
16 years and running this weekend, I think. Okie was one of the OGs here.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

MrTitleist wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:38 pm
PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:58 pm Ian kind of f'kd up the GoWyoGo board with the "premium" experiment to vet "real" Poke fans. Used to be a pretty good place for open conversation about Wyoming sports until a few people got butthurt. Thankfully WyoNation was there when the purge began!! This is the place for open and honest praise and criticism of Wyoming Sports!
I was one of the very first ones on here!!!!!!

Part of that purge was due to the "Jaycee Carroll" mess.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Buts let’s be honest - sports message boards are aging with their users. How many people under 30 were on here in 2009? How many people under 30 are on here now?
Cowpoke99
Buckaroo
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:23 pm Buts let’s be honest - sports message boards are aging with their users. How many people under 30 were on here in 2009? How many people under 30 are on here now?
Not many. I have tried to introduce my friends to this and its like they don't have the patience or attention span for it.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Apparently POKE Nation isn't into online discussions, at least extensively. I suppose the age thing is a big part of that and our older crowd does not duscuss POKES online.

Again, this site is great. I was just thinking there are only a handful of people here which represents a very small percentage of POKE fans. It's kind of interesting. I doubt it's unique to our fan base.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:23 pm Buts let’s be honest - sports message boards are aging with their users. How many people under 30 were on here in 2009? How many people under 30 are on here now?
I've noticed that too... conversation seems to be shifting to Twitter and Facebook (maybe not seems, it has).. but like someone mentioned above, Facebook is such a cesspool of some of the worst people on the internet. Usually if people are seeking out message boards it's because they want to get away from the social media stuff.
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

MrTitleist wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:58 am
I've noticed that too... conversation seems to be shifting to Twitter and Facebook (maybe not seems, it has).. but like someone mentioned above, Facebook is such a cesspool of some of the worst people on the internet. Usually if people are seeking out message boards it's because they want to get away from the social media stuff.
While slightly younger than sports message boards, even Facebook and X (fka Twitter) have become the forum for 'old people.' The dialogue of the college aged to roughly 30 year olds is largely happening on the self absorbed 'comment on my picture' social media of Instagram.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Wyokie wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:09 pm
MrTitleist wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:38 pm

I was one of the very first ones on here!!!!!!

Part of that purge was due to the "Jaycee Carroll" mess.
It wasn't really the fact that Ian decided to make some dough, it was how it was done. From posting one minute, to locked out unless you pay the next. And yes, there were (are) some poop posters there (good 'ol boys) that if you disagreed with them, they leaned on Ian to try and weed you out. I have never looked back.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

The pokes nation Facebook page bans you if you dare question their lord and savior Craig Bohl.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

SDPokeFan wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:24 pm

The pokes nation Facebook page bans you if you dare question their lord and savior Craig Bohl.
Chad would be a dead man on that page.
ImageImageImageImage
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

53 and proud of it, plus I saw what Good footbal was like in the early 90s!!! Better than this medocrity stuff we have now!!!