Climate crisis?

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I mean, twitter has turned into pure poop. Getting death threats, rape threats, threats of harm to your family, and overall doxing is rampant now. A friend of mine who had a decent following recently ended up deleting her account after Nazis started sending her pictures of her son's school (she's Jewish, and so is the school) with stuff like "We know your kid goes here, Lindsay."

Also, calling Martz a meteorologist is generous - just saying.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

The media and politicians have taught us that we can't respectively disagree. Instead, it must be a position that eviscerates and takes from the opponent.

Just leave each other the hell alone!
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:30 am I mean, twitter has turned into pure poop. Getting death threats, rape threats, threats of harm to your family, and overall doxing is rampant now. A friend of mine who had a decent following recently ended up deleting her account after Nazis started sending her pictures of her son's school (she's Jewish, and so is the school) with stuff like "We know your kid goes here, Lindsay."

Why do you hate scientists?

"90% of scientists agree because any scientist who doesn't is blackballed and shunned" Hell of a way to run science. Science is literally challenging the status quo at every moment.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:21 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:30 am I mean, twitter has turned into pure poop. Getting death threats, rape threats, threats of harm to your family, and overall doxing is rampant now. A friend of mine who had a decent following recently ended up deleting her account after Nazis started sending her pictures of her son's school (she's Jewish, and so is the school) with stuff like "We know your kid goes here, Lindsay."

"90% of scientists agree because any scientist who doesn't is blackballed and shunned" Hell of a way to run science. Science is literally challenging the status quo at every moment.
Conspiracy theories have no place in honest scientific discussion.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:09 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:21 pm

Conspiracy theories have no place in honest scientific discussion.
Labeling any challenge to dogma is not a conspiracy theory and is such a smooth brain move. Climate is literally a cult to which there can be no heretics. Bow down kool-aid drinkers.

I bet you've dug out your N95s
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Directly from your post: "any scientist who doesn't is blackballed and shunned".

That's conspiracy theory. You quoted it, not me.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:00 am Directly from your post: "any scientist who doesn't is blackballed and shunned".

Science, more than any point in time (imo), has never been more susceptible to bastardization for the sake of politics and profit. With respect to climate and covid, we are in a "Barry Marshall" moment.

The problem is, science has interjected itself with politics yet there is no accountability if science is wrong. Scientists who cry chicken little or lock kids out of schools shod be imprisoned for no less than 5 years and fined to the level of grant money they received. Instead, they absolve themselves bu saying they didn't do anything, policymakers did.

It's time to hold scientists accountable when they're wrong on data that influences policy.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

And who gets to be the arbiter of "when they're wrong on data"? When looking at Covid (per your inference), there is no hard consensus one way or the other.

If you were to take scientists to trial for this stuff, 2 things would happen. 1) You would be disappointed as there is no way a fair trial would find any of them guilty as there is no evidence of any true wrong doing. 2) You would destroy science in this country for generations. Who would want to go into a field of truth finding when you could go to jail just because people don't like what you find.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:53 pm And who gets to be the arbiter of "when they're wrong on data"? When looking at Covid (per your inference), there is no hard consensus one way or the other.

If you were to take scientists to trial for this stuff, 2 things would happen. 1) You would be disappointed as there is no way a fair trial would find any of them guilty as there is no evidence of any true wrong doing. 2) You would destroy science in this country for generations. Who would want to go into a field of truth finding when you could go to jail just because people don't like what you find.
Then don't take a hard line and influence policy until you are sure.

There is little doubt that closing schools did more harm than good.

Moral of the story, keep theory out of policy unless you want to be held accountable.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:00 am Directly from your post: "any scientist who doesn't is blackballed and shunned".

You know as well as everyone here the real connotation that goes into calling someone a conspiracy theorist (negative, in reality just calling them an idiot with bad intentions). But then when you break the phrase down to the absolute definition of both words, sure you can feign innocence. Everyone here is smarter than to not be able to see through that.
The thing is though, that there are some "conspiracy theories" that at some point become just the truth once enough people see things for what they really are.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:09 pm

Science, more than any point in time (imo), has never been more susceptible to bastardization for the sake of politics and profit. With respect to climate and covid, we are in a "Barry Marshall" moment.

The problem is, science has interjected itself with politics yet there is no accountability if science is wrong. Scientists who cry chicken little or lock kids out of schools shod be imprisoned for no less than 5 years and fined to the level of grant money they received. Instead, they absolve themselves bu saying they didn't do anything, policymakers did.

It's time to hold scientists accountable when they're wrong on data that influences policy.
It's so amazing how they can look at studies from "scientists" about smoking from not that long ago but can't seem to draw the line to today's world which is much worse. Big Pharma literally owns every news outlet. Big Pharma monkeys are in charge of the federal agencies that are suppose to regulate those companies.

Yes, every scientist who isn't on board with the Climate hoax is shunned. We have nobel prize winning scientists saying man made climate change is a hoax and they are relentless attacked. That's not science.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:04 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:09 pm

It's so amazing how they can look at studies from "scientists" about smoking from not that long ago but can't seem to draw the line to today's world which is much worse. Big Pharma literally owns every news outlet. Big Pharma monkeys are in charge of the federal agencies that are suppose to regulate those companies.

Yes, every scientist who isn't on board with the Climate hoax is shunned. We have nobel prize winning scientists saying man made climate change is a hoax and they are relentless attacked. That's not science.
Yep.

Follow the science or follow the money. They go to the same place.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

This and COVID are the biggest science scandals in history.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... eople.html
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:17 pm This and COVID are the biggest science scandals in history.

His paper also stated that in many cases, anthropgenic climate change considerably worsened the severity of wildfires.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:13 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:17 pm This and COVID are the biggest science scandals in history.

His paper also stated that in many cases, anthropgenic climate change considerably worsened the severity of wildfires.
The key is that he's telling you how the echo chamber is developed and contradictory scientific opinions are spurned. Eerily similar to Dr. Marshall
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

John Clauser = Barry Marshall
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

According to Time, Newsweek ( I don’t remember which one) in the late 80’s we were all going to die in 12 years, due to global warming. I may be dead, or not. Oh wait, it’s not global warming now, sorry, it’s now climate change.

Also interesting, last summer was the hottest on record. What kind of thermometers were they using in 1890? Or even 1935? And the goofiest of all, NOAAs thermometers we’re set near asphalt on airport runways and major city roadways and sidewalks. Well duh………..
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

Great explanation of the climate change.