If true, it's completely laughable

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 47 times

$20 million total per year for the new PAC-XX TV deal. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Doesn't the current MW deal pay more?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 138 times

Wyokie wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:40 pm

I can understand moving a political post to another category. Locking so no one can post - we are adults. There are places I wouldn’t expect to be censored.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:54 pm I can understand moving a political post to another category. Locking so no one can post - we are adults. There are places I wouldn’t expect to be censored.
People were jumping down each other's throats and calling each other's mean-spirited names. It was becoming an internet version of a Wild West saloon brawl. That's why I locked it and moved it to the political forum. Any questions?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 132 times

Wyokie wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:40 pm

I wouldn't laugh too hard. Wait until you see what's next for WYO. If true, we'll be in much worse shape.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

O.K. I misread things. It's $20 million per school per year. Not total. According to a post on Facebook....
Here is MHVer3 on the details of the offer being made to the Pac 12 tomorrow. It might keep Oregon, Washington and Utah on board as they will get extra money, going up if more Pac schools leave. Doesn't seem great for Arizona and ASU. There are also some details about a little extra money ESPN could kick in to the Big 12 if Oregon and Washington join that league.
Deal will be for $20m per school for up to 12 schools. apple will take over PACN absorbing the production costs (last minute add over the weekend) and give a one-time payment of $70m (which just so happens to cover the comcast debt) paid directly to the conference.
Which means any school leaving or already left is still on the hook for their share. That money is going to be used to help pay buyouts for other schools that get invited.
PACN will become a subscription add on to Appletv and additional payouts would trigger to the conference when certain tiers of subscribers are met. $1 per sub per quarter. Tiers are 1m, 5m, 10m, 20m, 30m, 40m etc.
GK is going to recommend going to 12 and paying half shares to the new additions for the duration of this contract which will leave the rest of their shares to be divided amongst the remaining original members based on “aggregate television ratings over the previous decade”.
Basically $30m (or if AZ leaves that would be $40m) to divvy up between the remaining 9 (or 8)-heavily weighted to Washington, Oregon, and Utah.
Unknown currently if this will placate ORWA. At 14 the B12 doesn’t have enough late night inventory to appease what ESPN needs. So ESPN could buy some of the games from Apple.
At 16 B12 would have plenty to cover that so there are talks that ESPN might kick in more $ to B12 contract if ORWA join just to lock down the late night stuff. Nothing really substantial but maybe an extra $2m per team.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 240 times

If this is true, Wyoming is about to be left behind in a watered down MWC. This is way more than I expected. It’s possible CSU leaves.

My guess: Fresno, SDSU, Boise and UNLV end up in the PAC.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:35 pm If this is true, Wyoming is about to be left behind in a watered down MWC. This is way more than I expected. It’s possible CSU leaves.

Hate to say it but I agree. We're screwed. :roll:
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:40 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:35 pm If this is true, Wyoming is about to be left behind in a watered down MWC. This is way more than I expected. It’s possible CSU leaves.

Hate to say it but I agree. We're screwed. :roll:
Maybe. Maybe not. If we end up in a conference, it'll be with teams WYO can compete with. If we ended up in a conference with suds, bsu, fresneck, + a few pac teams, hello JG and DC era.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 324 times
Been liked: 138 times

Wyokie wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:01 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 6:54 pm I can understand moving a political post to another category. Locking so no one can post - we are adults. There are places I wouldn’t expect to be censored.
People were jumping down each other's throats and calling each other's mean-spirited names. It was becoming an internet version of a Wild West saloon brawl. That's why I locked it and moved it to the political forum. Any questions?
YES. What age do we have to be to allow public posts. And one other question. When did censorship become something we allow in America?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:40 pm

YES. What age do we have to be to allow public posts. And one other question. When did censorship become something we allow in America?
I woulda been o.k. with it except a couple of guys were getting way too personal with the name-calling. I don't want to see this board into a brawl. About 15 years GWG had something similar happen when posters got into a fight over the whole Jaycee Carroll (basketball player from Evanston I believe who ended up at USU) mess and half that board left to join this board. Bar fights on a message board aren't fun.

If you still have a problem with my decision, take it up with Mr. Titliest. I talked to him before I did anything.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Their board; their rules. Maybe someday another less restricted forum will pop up. Until then...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:21 pm

Their board; their rules. Maybe someday another less restricted forum will pop up. Until then...
This board has been pretty good over the years at not over censoring things. Wasn’t the topic merely just moved to the political/off topic forum? So it would still be there to make follow up posts right?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:43 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:21 pm

This board has been pretty good over the years at not over censoring things. Wasn’t the topic merely just moved to the political/off topic forum? So it would still be there to make follow up posts right?
Yeah I moved it there but I also locked it. So no one can post on it there.

For future reference, if you have a post that's political, just PLEASE post it in the political forum!!!! Thank you!!!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:52 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:43 pm

Yeah I moved it there but I also locked it. So no one can post on it there.

For future reference, if you have a post that's political, just PLEASE post it in the political forum!!!! Thank you!!!!
The discussion seems more appropriate there. No need to lock it IMO.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 126 times

$20 million per year, if true, only includes the current 9 schools. The wannabe's listed above, won't touch that number if / when they join.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 617 times
Been liked: 249 times

All right.

Current PAC is Washington, Oregon, Cal, Stanford, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Washington State, Oregon State.

The 20 mil/year was with Colorado in the fold and if the PAC loses any more schools then the 20 mil will be significantly diminished. Keep in mind there is a steep 34 mil MWC exit fee for next year and 17 mil with a year's notice.

I think Arizona is gone to the Big XII as is rumored, and I think Washington and Oregon will go to the B1G. When that happens, I believe Utah and Arizona State will also go to the Big XII. Stanford can't abide sharing a conference with supposedly inferior schools and will go independent. This will leave Washington State, Oregon State and Cal remaining in the PAC in dire straits. I do not think the PAC can survive this, as they will not be able to add enough MWC schools to have a conference for next year or the year after due to the large MWC buyout and the diminished TV deal which a severely water-down PAC would command, and those three will be absorbed into the MWC. Cal may even drop football if forced to do this.

This is what I want to happen with my Brown and Gold colored glasses.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 80 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:08 am All right.

Current PAC is Washington, Oregon, Cal, Stanford, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Washington State, Oregon State.

The 20 mil/year was with Colorado in the fold and if the PAC loses any more schools then the 20 mil will be significantly diminished. Keep in mind there is a steep 34 mil MWC exit fee for next year and 17 mil with a year's notice.

I think Arizona is gone to the Big XII as is rumored, and I think Washington and Oregon will go to the B1G. When that happens, I believe Utah and Arizona State will also go to the Big XII. Stanford can't abide sharing a conference with supposedly inferior schools and will go independent. This will leave Washington State, Oregon State and Cal homeless. I do not think the PAC can survive this, as they will not be able to add enough MWC schools to have a conference for next year or the year after due to the large MWC buyout and the diminished TV deal which a severely water-down PAC would command, and those three will be absorbed into the MWC. Cal may even drop football if forced to do this.

Could the PAC-12 survive as an 8-team league in football and 10 in other sports?

Cal, Wazzu, Oregon State, Boise, SDSU, Fresno, UNLV, SMU, Gonzaga, Wichita St.

If Cal went the Stanford route based on academic standards, I guess you would be looking at CSU/AFA.. maybe Rice?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 617 times
Been liked: 249 times

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:21 am

I think Arizona is gone to the Big XII as is rumored, and I think Washington and Oregon will go to the B1G. When that happens, I believe Utah and Arizona State will also go to the Big XII. Stanford can't abide sharing a conference with supposedly inferior schools and will go independent. This will leave Washington State, Oregon State and Cal homeless. I do not think the PAC can survive this, as they will not be able to add enough MWC schools to have a conference for next year or the year after due to the large MWC buyout and the diminished TV deal which a severely water-down PAC would command, and those three will be absorbed into the MWC. Cal may even drop football if forced to do this.

Could the PAC-12 survive as an 8-team league in football and 10 in other sports?

Cal, Wazzu, Oregon State, Boise, SDSU, Fresno, UNLV, SMU, Gonzaga, Wichita St.

If Cal went the Stanford route based on academic standards, I guess you would be looking at CSU/AFA.. maybe Rice?
IMO, If the poop hits the fan for the PAC then I don't think they'll be able to attract enough MWC teams to keep things going. The TV deal a watered down PAC would command wouldn't be that much better than what the MWC has currently. The numbers for a MWC team that potentially wishes to leave for the PAC wouldn't make sense considering a large MWC buyout. At this point, I think we need to root for complete chaos in the PAC and have every team leave that possibly can so that conference is kaput.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 126 times

I think Arizona is gone to the Big XII as is rumored, and I think Washington and Oregon will go to the B1G. When that happens, I believe Utah and Arizona State will also go to the Big XII. Stanford can't abide sharing a conference with supposedly inferior schools and will go independent. This will leave Washington State, Oregon State and Cal remaining in the PAC in dire straits. I do not think the PAC can survive this, as they will not be able to add enough MWC schools to have a conference for next year or the year after due to the large MWC buyout and the diminished TV deal which a severely water-down PAC would command, and those three will be absorbed into the MWC. Cal may even drop football if forced to do this.

Best case scenario for our Pokes, no doubt. I hope you are spot-on. I wonder if our AD has been on the phone / plane AT ALL these days, lobbying for the "BRAND"...as he should be doing. Hence the poll - after many years of bad decisions and patience, I am no longer on the fence, we need new leadership at UW (athletically) from top to bottom, and definitely including the dummied down CJC disaster.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 116 times

Wyokie wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:31 pm O.K. I misread things. It's $20 million per school per year. Not total. According to a post on Facebook....
Here is MHVer3 on the details of the offer being made to the Pac 12 tomorrow. It might keep Oregon, Washington and Utah on board as they will get extra money, going up if more Pac schools leave. Doesn't seem great for Arizona and ASU. There are also some details about a little extra money ESPN could kick in to the Big 12 if Oregon and Washington join that league.
Deal will be for $20m per school for up to 12 schools. apple will take over PACN absorbing the production costs (last minute add over the weekend) and give a one-time payment of $70m (which just so happens to cover the comcast debt) paid directly to the conference.
Which means any school leaving or already left is still on the hook for their share. That money is going to be used to help pay buyouts for other schools that get invited.
PACN will become a subscription add on to Appletv and additional payouts would trigger to the conference when certain tiers of subscribers are met. $1 per sub per quarter. Tiers are 1m, 5m, 10m, 20m, 30m, 40m etc.
GK is going to recommend going to 12 and paying half shares to the new additions for the duration of this contract which will leave the rest of their shares to be divided amongst the remaining original members based on “aggregate television ratings over the previous decade”.
Basically $30m (or if AZ leaves that would be $40m) to divvy up between the remaining 9 (or 8)-heavily weighted to Washington, Oregon, and Utah.
Unknown currently if this will placate ORWA. At 14 the B12 doesn’t have enough late night inventory to appease what ESPN needs. So ESPN could buy some of the games from Apple.
At 16 B12 would have plenty to cover that so there are talks that ESPN might kick in more $ to B12 contract if ORWA join just to lock down the late night stuff. Nothing really substantial but maybe an extra $2m per team.
Show me one example of MHVer3 being right about anything to do with realignment. That's the worst "insider" source of news for college football on the planet.