Somewhat political but relating to realignment...

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Did all these woke Universities suddenly forget about climate change? They should be heavily penalized for the carbon footprint of flying athletic teams all over the US. There needs to be a study done on environmental impact of conference realignment and expose them for the hypocrites they are.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:46 am Did all these woke Universities suddenly forget about climate change? They should be heavily penalized for the carbon footprint of flying athletic teams all over the US. There needs to be a study done on environmental impact of conference realignment and expose them for the hypocrites they are.
Hahahah...that is great! Yeah..the carbon footprint Penn St playing USC has got to be immense!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:46 am Did all these woke Universities suddenly forget about climate change? They should be heavily penalized for the carbon footprint of flying athletic teams all over the US. There needs to be a study done on environmental impact of conference realignment and expose them for the hypocrites they are.
Ahh, the hypocrisy of wokeness and liberal ideology.

Great point. These things all matter from a woke point of view, until they don’t.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

Man, wouldn’t that be great if someone asked on of these uppity university presidents about this? Of course, all the climate restrictions will be for us, not them.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I don't think there are a ton of liberals running football teams and athletic department. Even if there were, money talks. I'm sure Penn State will say they can buy plenty of carbon credits with the $60 million they get in TV revenue every year.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:08 pm I don't think there are a ton of liberals running football teams and athletic department. Even if there were, money talks. I'm sure Penn State will say they can buy plenty of carbon credits with the $60 million they get in TV revenue every year.
It greatly devalues the claim of urgency. There should be 0 professors from a big10 university claim we need urgent action.

Hypocrisy at the largest level.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:12 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:08 pm I don't think there are a ton of liberals running football teams and athletic department. Even if there were, money talks. I'm sure Penn State will say they can buy plenty of carbon credits with the $60 million they get in TV revenue every year.
It greatly devalues the claim of urgency. There should be 0 professors from a big10 university claim we need urgent action.

Yeah, you're right, we should just cancel college football. In fact, all sports really. Only play if you are within walking distance of each other.

It is possible to hold contradictory viewpoints on a wide range of topics. Literally everyone on the planet does it including you and me.

But we both know that your real gripe is that you think climate change is BS and this is somehow proof that the "academic elite" know it too and are just trying to pull one over on us.

If that's not the case and you agree that the effects of climate change are important and indicate a need for radical change, then kudos to you.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:25 pm

Yeah, you're right, we should just cancel college football. In fact, all sports really. Only play if you are within walking distance of each other.

It is possible to hold contradictory viewpoints on a wide range of topics. Literally everyone on the planet does it including you and me.

But we both know that your real gripe is that you think climate change is BS and this is somehow proof that the "academic elite" know it too and are just trying to pull one over on us.

If that's not the case and you agree that the effects of climate change are important and indicate a need for radical change, then kudos to you.
Not speaking for him, but it’s clear to me what he is stating, like John Kerry and many other liberals, jets to fly around on are okay - until they aren’t. Like when liberals want to fly in them. DeCrappio is another. Gore made millions all the while flying around on his jet, and using fossil fuels to heat/cool his mansion. Either you walk the walk or don’t lecture us about it. Hypocrisy at its finest.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Climate change is fact at this point if you can read a peer reviewed study ( I believe in science and the A students of the world). As a Wyo Democrat ( I realize I am probably clearly center or even center right on a national level, I look at Keynesian style policies and I find them more realistic than supply side. I don’t care if gay people get married, I am pro gun and energy independence even if it is with fossil fuels in the short term impact on climate, all while being pro union ). I think it is hypocritical that West coast schools are going to traverse to the East coast and it is a hilarious question to ask them.

PS:if you look at the CHIPS act it is a great Democrat sponsored bill that damaged China and brings jobs to America. It is time to quit hating other Americans just based on views.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:25 pm

No, just nobody from the big10 should ever comment on the urgency of climate change. Good for thee not me, right?

1 leg of a cross country flight is the same as 1 person eating meat for 2 years or managing their home for 2 years. How many of these uppity idiots will tell us what to eat or what appliances I can buy?

They want to have a HUGE environmental footprint for college athletics? Go ahead but don't preach to me about what I do.

If it's an urgent crisis, cross country athletic conferences are unnecessary and hypocritical of those supposedly leading the charge for change. Typical academia. Tell everyone what to do while doing nothing. Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't do or teach, administrate.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

It's interesting that you think academia has anything to do with today's college football landscape.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:41 pm It's interesting that you think academia has anything to do with today's college football landscape.
Interesting you don't. Presidents and BOR or BOT make the ultimate call. In a sense, the governor in many states appoints the Regents, so I guess Newsome is ok with a huge environmental footprint for athletics.

If their own institutions do not carry out or act upon climate initiatives with a sense of urgency, then they are hypocrites for asking others to do so.

State governments should step in and draw boundaries for low environmental impact conferences. Their inaction and turning a blind eye speaks volumes.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

It’s an interesting subject. As I recall in the 1980s we were warned that if we didn’t do something we would have horrific issues related to global warming, in essence we would all die by the year 2000. That didn’t happen. In fact, the climate began to cool so the narrative changed to climate change from global warming. I’m not a denier of climate change. I just always have wondered what vehicles were being driven when all the dinosaurs died….. Underground coal seams have burnt for thousands of years. Natural gas has seeped from fissures for thousands of years. The climate has changed for thousands of years……..
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 145 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:49 pm I’m not a denier of climate change.
You're still playing their dumb game by saying this. The planet has been much hotter without humans. How can that be without our Carbon Emissions?? We've been warming since the last ice age. After the climate nazis starve millions of people, I hope they get it at The Hague. Based on no one being imprisoned for the mass violations of civil rights during covid, I'm not hopeful. Only the uprising after the future climate lockdowns will correct this.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Climate change is fake. Anyone who believes it is being duped. Lots of cross over with the Covid hoax, I’ve noticed
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

You're still playing their dumb game by saying this. The planet has been much hotter without humans. How can that be without our Carbon Emissions?? We've been warming since the last ice age. After the climate nazis starve millions of people, I hope they get it at The Hague. Based on no one being imprisoned for the mass violations of civil rights during covid, I'm not hopeful. Only the uprising after the future climate lockdowns will correct this

Do you believe in QAnanon? Or are you a Mormon? Both? Joining cults is probably a family tradition.

Mr. T should kill this thread. It has moved from being funny to a full on Qanaon post.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

I figured this was going to happen.

I'm locking this thread AND moving to the political forum on here. For future, reference, KEEP all political crap in that forum.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

I'm unlocking this thread.

PLEASE be civil with each other. The only real name-calling should be directed towards anyone associated with BYU in my book.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Ask the people in Arizona if climate change is real. We're having the hottest years ever recorded. It's real, and likely too late to do anything about.