Picked 6th

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 146 times

I don't understand the Air Force love at all.

Is San Diegos kicker that good to boot Hoyland out of the special teams preseason player of the year?
W-Y, Until I Die!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Probably a log jam from 3-6 with five wins and it will come down to tiebreakers
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

My question is who's the jackass who gave UNLV a first place vote????!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 601 times
Been liked: 239 times

Didn’t AF lose their two best players?
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Meh, the usual. A stronger ooc means we end up around 6 wins.

Everyone knows Bohl ball. Consistency also means you aren't sneaking up on anyone. Reality is, do the POKES and CB run into enough bad teams? The start of the season will be enough to tell. 7
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

Not good enough to be considered a real #1 or #2....probably win 1 out of the 3 against BSU, FSU, and AFA and lose 1 or 2 of the remaining conference games.

Is it possible they win 6 or more conference games?...I guess the answer is yes....I want to think they win 5 but the more I look at this ..... feels like a 4-4 conference season.

Unlike some....I think Wyoming's play is the variable that will decide how many conference wins we get. If, at the end of the season, Wyoming has 6 in the win column...it will be because they didn't turn it over on offense, the defense was monstrous and opportunistic, and Hoyland was money. Unfortunately, even if the defense plays great....when we play somebody with a pulse that does not turn it over, we will probably lose.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

307bball wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:40 am Unlike some....I think Wyoming's play is the variable that will decide how many conference wins we get.
307bball wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:40 am Unfortunately, even if the defense plays great....when we play somebody with a pulse that does not turn it over, we will probably lose.
Hmmm, interesting.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:40 pm I don't understand the Air Force love at all.
Lol; what's not to understand?

2022: 10-3 (with a narrow loss on the road to us with 2/3 of their team sick, and a loss to BSU that came down to the last play)
2021: 10-3
2020: 3-3 (Covid)
2019: 11-2

Yes, they lost some of their top production, but that doesn't often mean much for AFA. They reload damn near as well as BSU. No coaching changes that I'm aware of, and their depth guys got a fair amount of playing time last year.

I think they're a little overhyped at times (it happens pretty often), but who besides BSU and maybe Fresno would you actually put above them at this point in time?
Is San Diegos kicker that good to boot Hoyland out of the special teams preseason player of the year?
Punter*. He's really, really good for sure. But I do think that Hoyland got shafted.
Last edited by DamThatRiver22 on Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:01 am
307bball wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:40 am Unlike some....I think Wyoming's play is the variable that will decide how many conference wins we get.
307bball wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:40 am Unfortunately, even if the defense plays great....when we play somebody with a pulse that does not turn it over, we will probably lose.
Hmmm, interesting.
Is this confusing you? Unless Wyoming's offense can play well....it will be tough to do much better than .500 in conference. We might be good enough in other areas (defense, special teams) to beat UNM (or the bad teams) but if we beat Boise and Fresno and AFA (or the good teams)....it will be because Wyoming plays well in all phases and not because those teams are just bad.

Of course...it's all academic....the season will go as you and others have predicted...hovering around .500. If, by some miracle....we win 6+ conference games....I'll give it up to Bohlly....but not until then.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 50 times

307bball wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:30 am
Hmmm, interesting.
Is this confusing you? Unless Wyoming's offense can play well....it will be tough to do much better than .500 in conference. We might be good enough in other areas (defense, special teams) to beat UNM (or the bad teams) but if we beat Boise and Fresno and AFA (or the good teams)....it will be because Wyoming plays well in all phases and not because those teams are just bad.

Of course...it's all academic....the season will go as you and others have predicted...hovering around .500. If, by some miracle....we win 6+ conference games....I'll give it up to Bohlly....but not until then.
A top 20 defense and a bottom 10 offense seems like a 6th place team to me. That's where Bohl will be rated until he improves the offensive scheme.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Hmmm, interesting.
Unless Wyoming's offense can play well....it will be tough to do much better than .500 in conference. We might be good enough in other areas (defense, special teams) to beat UNM (or the bad teams) but if we beat Boise and Fresno and AFA (or the good teams)....it will be because Wyoming plays well in all phases and not because those teams are just bad.
Since offense is horrid most of the time, I was approaching the statement from the assumption the offense will be bad again. If that assumption is true, it appears you agree with me. The record will depend on how many bad teams are on the schedule.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:27 pm

Unless Wyoming's offense can play well....it will be tough to do much better than .500 in conference. We might be good enough in other areas (defense, special teams) to beat UNM (or the bad teams) but if we beat Boise and Fresno and AFA (or the good teams)....it will be because Wyoming plays well in all phases and not because those teams are just bad.
Since offense is horrid most of the time, I was approaching the statement from the assumption the offense will be bad again. If that assumption is true, it appears you agree with me. The record will depend on how many bad teams are on the schedule.
I suppose that makes some sense....But it's backwards to how I look at it. There is no scenario where a team with an offense as bad as ours wins or places second in the MWC anytime in the last 10 years...why would it happen next year? If Wyoming has 6+ conference wins...it will be because they will have been better as a team than they have been since the JA days....not because the everybody in the MWC except us has suddenly become worse than it has been.
Udubalum07
Buckaroo
Been liked: 3 times

The biggest concern is obviously the passing game. My bigger concern than even AP and quarterbacks is the receiver room. We have the worst receiver room in the conference. TW is a great tight end that will have a chance to play on Sundays, but that receiver room leaves a lot to be desired.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:16 am
laxwyo wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:40 pm I don't understand the Air Force love at all.
Lol; what's not to understand?

2022: 10-3 (with a narrow loss on the road to us with 2/3 of their team sick, and a loss to BSU that came down to the last play)
2021: 10-3
2020: 3-3 (Covid)
2019: 11-2

Yes, they lost some of their top production, but that doesn't often mean much for AFA. They reload damn near as well as BSU. No coaching changes that I'm aware of, and their depth guys got a fair amount of playing time last year.

I think they're a little overhyped at times (it happens pretty often), but who besides BSU and maybe Fresno would you actually put above them at this point in time?
Punter*. He's really, really good for sure. But I do think that Hoyland got shafted.
They lost their starting qb and best rb. Af doesnt just plug and play. That’s a farce with no backing. They are good when they have multi year starters at FB and QB. They had a couple hurt players and some people wanted to take away some credit for our win. They might have a good D who knows. I’m going with that they’ll actually have a down year. They lose to CSU.
W-Y, Until I Die!
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:40 pm
They lost their starting qb and best rb. Af doesnt just plug and play. That’s a farce with no backing. They are good when they have multi year starters at FB and QB. They had a couple hurt players and some people wanted to take away some credit for our win. They might have a good D who knows. I’m going with that they’ll actually have a down year. They lose to CSU.
It's amazing how you typed all of that and managed to avoid the truth.

My dude....AFA has five 10+ win seasons in the last 9 years. 2022, 2021, 2019, 2016, and 2014....plus an 8-win season in 2015. They've literally only had two down seasons during Bohl's entire tenure here, lmao.

It's literally no secret how well AFA reloads. They bring guys up in their system quite well. They don't "plug and play", they develop well.

I already granted you that they're losing a few of their top dudes (QB, FB, couple receivers, couple DL guys). But their OL will be one of the most experienced in college football. There's a trio of RBs with significant game experience (almost 1,000 yards between them last year) on the roster. P and K remain stable, though the LS is new. Several underclassmen at FB have at least taken snaps. There's options at QB: at least two QBs have years of experience in their system, plus a new guy who is actually the highest rated QB recruit in AFA history....so that's something that'll actually be interesting to watch play out.

And your claim about multi-year starters at QB and RB is flatly untrue. Daniels was only a sophomore when he won the job and started lighting sh** on fire, and Roberts's first full season as starter was 2020 (Covid year..first actual full season was 2021). Lmao. Might wanna actually check your facts before accusing others of spewing nonsense.

On top of all of that, they have a pretty easy schedule. Only tough games on the schedule are BSU, SDSU, and Wyoming (Army's hard to get a read on, no one is sold on CSU yet, and Navy isn't good and is going through some changes.)

Could they have a down year? Sure. It's college football; anything's possible. But acting absolutely bewildered that they're considered top 3 in the MWC until proven otherwise is some weird sh**, lol.

With that schedule, AFA would have to have a wildly uncharacteristic implosion to have fewer than 8 wins.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

The Air Force love is not without merit. You can argue they should be 3rd instead of 2nd....but....they're deserving of being recognized as a top tier MWC program at this point.

We seem to play them very competitively and hardly ever get our asses kicked by them. Since we occasionally take a whooping from everybody, maybe that makes some of us downplay AFA's successes. haha
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:16 am
laxwyo wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:40 pm
It's amazing how you typed all of that and managed to avoid the truth.

My dude....AFA has five 10+ win seasons in the last 9 years. 2022, 2021, 2019, 2016, and 2014....plus an 8-win season in 2015. They've literally only had two down seasons during Bohl's entire tenure here, lmao.

It's literally no secret how well AFA reloads. They bring guys up in their system quite well. They don't "plug and play", they develop well.

I already granted you that they're losing a few of their top dudes (QB, FB, couple receivers, couple DL guys). But their OL will be one of the most experienced in college football. There's a trio of RBs with significant game experience (almost 1,000 yards between them last year) on the roster. P and K remain stable, though the LS is new. Several underclassmen at FB have at least taken snaps. There's options at QB: at least two QBs have years of experience in their system, plus a new guy who is actually the highest rated QB recruit in AFA history....so that's something that'll actually be interesting to watch play out.

And your claim about multi-year starters at QB and RB is flatly untrue. Daniels was only a sophomore when he won the job and started lighting sh** on fire, and Roberts's first full season as starter was 2020 (Covid year..first actual full season was 2021). Lmao. Might wanna actually check your facts before accusing others of spewing nonsense.

On top of all of that, they have a pretty easy schedule. Only tough games on the schedule are BSU, SDSU, and Wyoming (Army's hard to get a read on, no one is sold on CSU yet, and Navy isn't good and is going through some changes.)

Could they have a down year? Sure. It's college football; anything's possible. But acting absolutely bewildered that they're considered top 3 in the MWC until proven otherwise is some weird sh**, lol.

With that schedule, AFA would have to have a wildly uncharacteristic implosion to have fewer than 8 wins.
Why did you say top 3 when they were picked 2nd? Strawmanning arguements? There’s no real reason to pick them ahead of Fresno or SDSU. Based on what was lost, SDSU should probably be picked 2nd. You know who else has five 10+ winning seasons in that time frame ? Aztecs except they won 12, 11 and 11 for 3 of those. Hell, Fresno has 4 ten win season with a 12 and an 11 wins season. Both California schools could easily be ranked above Air Force after they lose all their offense. That’s the point. AF deserves no special love after losing so much.

Literally only one of those years you mentioned was there a running back not named Jacobi Owens or Brad Richards. They struggled for 2 years after a 3 year leading rushing starter. They’re in the same boat now expect they’re also replacing a 3 yr starting QB. I’d be surprised if they’re very good at all but with Robert morris, Sam Houston, army, navy as your non conference, they’ll probably manage some wins. We should probably beat them again.

Take the L champ.
W-Y, Until I Die!
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

This. Peasley will only be as good as the receivers can help him be. Receiving group is my biggest area of concern.
Udubalum07 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:22 am The biggest concern is obviously the passing game. My bigger concern than even AP and quarterbacks is the receiver room. We have the worst receiver room in the conference. TW is a great tight end that will have a chance to play on Sundays, but that receiver room leaves a lot to be desired.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:40 pm Why did you say top 3 when they were picked 2nd? Strawmanning arguements? There’s no real reason to pick them ahead of Fresno or SDSU. Based on what was lost, SDSU should probably be picked 2nd. You know who else has five 10+ winning seasons in that time frame ? Aztecs except they won 12, 11 and 11 for 3 of those. Hell, Fresno has 4 ten win season with a 12 and an 11 wins season. Both California schools could easily be ranked above Air Force after they lose all their offense. That’s the point. AF deserves no special love after losing so much.

Literally only one of those years you mentioned was there a running back not named Jacobi Owens or Brad Richards. They struggled for 2 years after a 3 year leading rushing starter. They’re in the same boat now expect they’re also replacing a 3 yr starting QB. I’d be surprised if they’re very good at all but with Robert morris, Sam Houston, army, navy as your non conference, they’ll probably manage some wins. We should probably beat them again.

Take the L champ.
Again, it's amazing how I can literally lay out an entire post full of objective facts and statistics, and you either ignore them completely or go off on weird, convoluted arguments.

But, since you want to redirect away from talking about the facts with AFA and start jerking off Fresno and SDSU, I'll tell you why voters aren't quite sold on them:

Did you pay attention SDSU football at all? They had the 8th-ranked offense in the MWC last year and had to fire their OC midseason. They had the 4th-ranked defense and 6th ranked special teams. Their QB looks promising and gained some experience, but is far from elite and his numbers aren't astounding. And people just don't trust Brady Hoke at this point; he's been wildly inconsistent as a head coach for years. There's too many unknowns right now with SDSU. They have the potential to be a strong team, but it's not some wild leap of faith to see why there's some hesitancy there.

Fresno State should contend, no doubt. But there's also some questions there. Did you forget that they also lost their starting QB? You know, the one that single-handedly carried them to half their wins? Oh, btw, they also lost their star running back, their top three receivers, and their top tight end. They lost arguably more of their offense than AFA did. The defense was decent but not elite (5th-ranked), but should see some improvement. Again, they should be in the mix, but it's not hard to see why there's some doubts surrounding them as well.

I think spots 2-4 are all up for grabs; they're all potentially strong teams but they all have a sh*tton of questions surrounding them and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. You're acting like people think AFA will go 14-0, winning the Natty, while Fresno goes 0-12. Come on, man.

"Take the L, champ." Lol.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:11 am
laxwyo wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:40 pm Why did you say top 3 when they were picked 2nd? Strawmanning arguements? There’s no real reason to pick them ahead of Fresno or SDSU. Based on what was lost, SDSU should probably be picked 2nd. You know who else has five 10+ winning seasons in that time frame ? Aztecs except they won 12, 11 and 11 for 3 of those. Hell, Fresno has 4 ten win season with a 12 and an 11 wins season. Both California schools could easily be ranked above Air Force after they lose all their offense. That’s the point. AF deserves no special love after losing so much.

Take the L champ.
Again, it's amazing how I can literally lay out an entire post full of objective facts and statistics, and you either ignore them completely or go off on weird, convoluted arguments.

But, since you want to redirect away from talking about the facts with AFA and start jerking off Fresno and SDSU, I'll tell you why voters aren't quite sold on them:

Did you pay attention SDSU football at all? They had the 8th-ranked offense in the MWC last year and had to fire their OC midseason. They had the 4th-ranked defense and 6th ranked special teams. Their QB looks promising and gained some experience, but is far from elite and his numbers aren't astounding. And people just don't trust Brady Hoke at this point; he's been wildly inconsistent as a head coach for years. There's too many unknowns right now with SDSU. They have the potential to be a strong team, but it's not some wild leap of faith to see why there's some hesitancy there.

Fresno State should contend, no doubt. But there's also some questions there. Did you forget that they also lost their starting QB? You know, the one that single-handedly carried them to half their wins? Oh, btw, they also lost their star running back, their top three receivers, and their top tight end. They lost arguably more of their offense than AFA did. The defense was decent but not elite (5th-ranked), but should see some improvement. Again, they should be in the mix, but it's not hard to see why there's some doubts surrounding them as well.

I think spots 2-4 are all up for grabs; they're all potentially strong teams but they all have a sh*tton of questions surrounding them and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. You're acting like people think AFA will go 14-0, winning the Natty, while Fresno goes 0-12. Come on, man.

"Take the L, champ." Lol.
Just say you like taking facial shots from Cadets, jesus.
W-Y, Until I Die!