The Fieldhouse

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

For one game, just one, I would love for the men's team to play in the Fieldhouse. I know it will never happen, but I would have loved to watch a game there - just once. It had to be quite the experience.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:47 pm For one game, just one, I would love for the men's team to play in the Fieldhouse. I know it will never happen, but I would have loved to watch a game there - just once. It had to be quite the experience.
It was pretty cool...I was a ball boy there in the 70's for Brandy, and that place would get louder than any venue I have ever been in. The dirt floors were very "Wyoming" and our competitors hated playing there. It was cramped, hot, smelled like old pine bark mixed in with Jack Daniels and Copenhagen.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:37 am
LawPoke wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:47 pm For one game, just one, I would love for the men's team to play in the Fieldhouse. I know it will never happen, but I would have loved to watch a game there - just once. It had to be quite the experience.
It was pretty cool...I was a ball boy there in the 70's for Brandy, and that place would get louder than any venue I have ever been in. The dirt floors were very "Wyoming" and our competitors hated playing there. It was cramped, hot, smelled like old pine bark mixed in with Jack Daniels and Copenhagen.
Best games I ever saw there were when Wyoming beat BYU with Danny Ainge (who choked and whined a lot) then beat Utah which was in the top 10 the following game.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

doreno5 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:28 am
McPeachy wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:37 am

Best games I ever saw there were when Wyoming beat BYU with Danny Ainge (who choked and whined a lot) then beat Utah which was in the top 10 the following game.
Tubbs! The man! And not to forget Ollie - O - O - Ollie!

You know how some women have RBF (Resting Bitch Face)? Ainge had the same, but it was WCF (Whiney Crybaby Face) - and he had / has the best one of those I have ever seen. That switch was always turned on with Danny Boy.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Here are events I attended in the Field House:

- Circuses
- Rodeos
- College Basketball Games
- UW Symphony / Dept of Dance Elementary School Showcases
- Harlem Globetrotters Shows
- Marching Band rehearsals / Drum corps camps (After the Dome of Doom was built, and they got rid of the dirt floors)
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Here was the insane part about basketball games in the field house was that both benches were backed up to the student side. Which put the students about 15 feet away from the vistor's bench, and good lord the sh*t that flew in their directlion...
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

Lost Poke wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:37 pm Here was the insane part about basketball games in the field house was that both benches were backed up to the student side. Which put the students about 15 feet away from the vistor's bench, and good lord the sh*t that flew in their directlion...
You forgot to add concerts were held in the fieldhouse as well.

At times we used to also play pick up games on the floor. Candidly it was not that good to play on, lots of odd dead spots and weird feeling when you ran or dribbled. We mostly played at either the Half Acre or gym next to the law school.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Waaaaaaay back when, and for a while during the year, there was a dirt running track that I used a few times.