Former Player

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

ooops...nvm

Saw Noah Reynolds entered the portal (which is old news). Apparently, the other UW (Wisconsin) didn't stick either...

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:16 pm ooops...nvm

Saw Noah Reynolds entered the portal (which is old news). Apparently, the other UW (Wisconsin) didn't stick either...

Wow - strange.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:57 pm
PokeTransplant wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:16 pm ooops...nvm

Wow - strange.
another #respectmydecision asshole.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Boy, these Gen Zers are a fickle bunch
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

wyosports wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:07 pm I am hearing Graham Ike to Gonzaga!
Makes sense. Nationally recognized program with other highly thought of players and access to NIL support.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:37 am Boy, these Gen Zers are a fickle bunch
These guys grew up in an era of selfies and hey look at me tik tok videos. I'm worried for the future of the military and the idea of a greater good beyond one's own self.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:32 am
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:37 am Boy, these Gen Zers are a fickle bunch
These guys grew up in an era of selfies and hey look at me tik tok videos. I'm worried for the future of the military and the idea of a greater good beyond one's own self.
My $0.02....our entire species needs a complete reboot.

That asteroid that's supposed to be coming towards Earth in the late 2020s or in the late 2030s needs to get here soon. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Poke in New England wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:26 am
doreno5 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:07 am

Fresno "a fantastic place"? Since when? I spent some time working there, not a favorite.

I am increasingly starting to wonder if it is Linder and his coaching style which caused everyone to leave. Did not want to believe before and still hope it was something else.
I think you missed some sarcasm.

We can try to endlessly break down the reasons/side-by-side comparisons of transfer destinations for former players. But as you say, the coach is the common factor. Hard truth is that the players thought he was a prick last season or at least thought he acted like one once things started to go South. Is that the "softness" of the current generation of players? I think that plays a part. But that is ultimately besides the point, since the players hold all the cards now and the teams hold none. It's on Linder, like it was on Bohl, to adapt. I still have a lot of trust that he will.
Yes, sarcasm. I cannot even come up with a witty description of how I truly feel about this because I cannot make myself comprehend transferring to an in conference rival. Talk about no competitive spirit. I'm going to have a hard time if my kids ever play high school sports as part of a team I played against growing up. But personally joining them? Not in a million years. If you're going to transfer, fine, go on your merry way because it's better for everyone that you're gone. Just leave the conference.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:28 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:26 am

I think you missed some sarcasm.

We can try to endlessly break down the reasons/side-by-side comparisons of transfer destinations for former players. But as you say, the coach is the common factor. Hard truth is that the players thought he was a prick last season or at least thought he acted like one once things started to go South. Is that the "softness" of the current generation of players? I think that plays a part. But that is ultimately besides the point, since the players hold all the cards now and the teams hold none. It's on Linder, like it was on Bohl, to adapt. I still have a lot of trust that he will.
Yes, sarcasm. I cannot even come up with a witty description of how I truly feel about this because I cannot make myself comprehend transferring to an in conference rival. Talk about no competitive spirit. I'm going to have a hard time if my kids ever play high school sports as part of a team I played against growing up. But personally joining them? Not in a million years. If you're going to transfer, fine, go on your merry way because it's better for everyone that you're gone. Just leave the conference.
I think that used to be a very common view. Sometime after the '80s it changed though. I don't remember if it was Larry Bird or maybe it was somebody on the Pistons....they talked about how they really didn't socialize with other players on other teams. They were very fueled by competitive hatred for lack of a better word. Fast forward to nowadays and even the NFL guys are clowning around doing media and endorsement in the offseason with players from other teams....it's just not the same. It has filtered down to the younger players so the thought of a "rival" that you just sports hate has become old fashioned.

Is it worse today?...I guess for us old guys, but the young folks still follow their sports but it's more about the social media and hearing what their favorite player is up to. Not really about the "laundry" as they say.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

wyosports wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:07 pm I am hearing Graham Ike to Gonzaga!
I'd love this!!!!!
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Never thought Providence made any sense for Ike. Gonzaga is a stronger program and a better fit for him.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Who? Not a Cowboy
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Poke in New England wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:45 am Never thought Providence made any sense for Ike. Gonzaga is a stronger program and a better fit for him.
Wise negotiation. Get a half million offer from Providence and take it back to the other programs.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:13 am Who? Not a Cowboy
See thread title
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

Poke in New England wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:45 am Never thought Providence made any sense for Ike. Gonzaga is a stronger program and a better fit for him.
True. Nationally recognized program, lots of exposure and almost a sure bet to get to the Sweet 16 every year. They need to replace Timme so Ike will start right away but does not have carry the team by himself given the other talent on Gonzaga. Also they are THE team in Spokane- no football or other major sports to bleed off donor money for NIL deals.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:18 am
Wise negotiation. Get a half million offer from Providence and take it back to the other programs.
I do find it funny Providence fans complaining about NIL and Ike "getting the bag" in the comments. Cry me a river.
Smeller
Buckaroo
Has liked: 41 times

How much money did Ike get?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Smeller wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:17 am How much money did Ike get?
None of that will ever be publicly disclosed or acknowledged by any party. But based on his reported initial asking price of $500K, it is probably in the high 6 figure range somewhere. Wyoming donors were wise to let Ike 'walk.'