SDSU to Final Four

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:33 pm Wow, SDSU to the national championship game.
In which they will get blown out
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

UCONN putting the hammer down.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Z-money
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

I am a bitter bitter fan, especially after this nightmare season. I hope SDSU gets annihilated and all of their fans cry.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Z-money wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:52 pm I am a bitter bitter fan, especially after this nightmare season. I hope SDSU gets annihilated and all of their fans cry.
They're fighting back. Entertaining but I'd rather Uconn roll. Was looking like the cover was a good bet. I think it still is
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

:-D :-D
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 86 times

The Spaz were a bit of a unicorn: a senior-laden team in the porthole era. They lose a lot. They will no doubt reload and still be dominant, but not like this season.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

It was a great tournament and a fun run for the Asstecs!! The MWC truly thanks them for sure!!!
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

UConn nearly blew it when they took their foot off the gas. Coach said Slow Down, and their momentum vanished. They recovered, and that shows they were the superior team. I thought UConn was gonna do a Gonzaga Number on SD State before they slowed down. Yes ... I was hoping. Sorry, but my feelings of loyalty to Sd State are ZERO.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unless you are Kansas or Duke or UCLA and have achieved such success that you can have "levels of greatness", this years SDSU team will be considered great. As they should be. I'll give it up to them.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

One thing I couldn't help notice. Almost all of SDSU's team is F***** jacked. They look like grown men (helps that many of them actually are). I feel like Wyoming basketball roster has been nothing but beanpoles for 5+ years now. What is the deal with our basketball strength program?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

I was (barf) rooting for SDSU...but I can't tell you how much their bird-call poop just pisses me off. What a bunch of douchenozzles that fanbase is. Even when they were down and losing at half, you could hear them embarrass themselves continually on national TV.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 292 times
Been liked: 125 times

Not sure I get everyone wanting SDSU getting blown out, at this point. I get they’re a conference foe, but a good showing shows the strength of the conference.

Different perspective I guess.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:23 pm Not sure I get everyone wanting SDSU getting blown out, at this point. I get they’re a conference foe, but a good showing shows the strength of the conference.

Reality is that no matter what sdsu does, it won't impact WYO at all aside from some tourney creds. WYO will be no better or worse because of sdsu's performance.

Conference affiliation and strength is mostly mute for g5. Yes, it can help rpi and bcs standings somewhat but mostly within a season.

It doesn't mean squat for the long-term. MWC is mostly a steaming pile of dog doo.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 292 times
Been liked: 125 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:05 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:23 pm Not sure I get everyone wanting SDSU getting blown out, at this point. I get they’re a conference foe, but a good showing shows the strength of the conference.

Reality is that no matter what sdsu does, it won't impact WYO at all aside from some tourney creds. WYO will be no better or worse because of sdsu's performance.

Conference affiliation and strength is mostly mute for g5. Yes, it can help rpi and bcs standings somewhat but mostly within a season.

It doesn't mean squat for the long-term. MWC is mostly a steaming pile of dog doo.
I stand behind my comment.

Don’t get it. A MW team made it to the finals - that does stand for something. And actually it does effect Wyoming in the share of money to the conference.

I said conference - nothing about Wyoming in my original post.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

I have to agree with ragtimejoe here.

You all remember when Utah made it to the National Championship game (played in San Antonio) vs. Kentucky in the late '90s while we were all a part of the WAC-16 mess :roll: . The Utes lost and them making it to the title game never really helped the WAC didn't it?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:26 pm

Don’t get it. A MW team made it to the finals - that does stand for something. And actually it does effect Wyoming in the share of money to the conference.

MWC won't get more tourney bids because of sdsu. Money? Sure. How much to WYO specifically? I have no idea.

I guess if it makes fans feel good, then, ok, great. However, a team excelling in a given year really doesn't impact much other than for that team specifically.

In the P5? I'm sure some recruits get more excited about playing in the SEC vs the new Big 12 for a lot of reasons including that conference's success. For G5? Meh. A little bit of money is nice but it won't appreciably enhance prominence of the conference or WYO.

If you want to be a WYO and a conference fan, great. Not knocking it. Just saying it is not impacting WYO thus I don't care. Well, actually I bet against sdsu so I guess I did care...
wyo 1
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 4 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:28 am
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:26 pm

MWC won't get more tourney bids because of sdsu. Money? Sure. How much to WYO specifically? I have no idea.

I guess if it makes fans feel good, then, ok, great. However, a team excelling in a given year really doesn't impact much other than for that team specifically.

In the P5? I'm sure some recruits get more excited about playing in the SEC vs the new Big 12 for a lot of reasons including that conference's success. For G5? Meh. A little bit of money is nice but it won't appreciably enhance prominence of the conference or WYO.

If you want to be a WYO and a conference fan, great. Not knocking it. Just saying it is not impacting WYO thus I don't care. Well, actually I bet against sdsu so I guess I did care...
$14 million for the conference split between 11 teams is damn good money. And yes, it does impact Wyoming.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 15 times

Wyokie wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:33 pm You all remember when Utah made it to the National Championship game (played in San Antonio) vs. Kentucky in the late '90s while we were all a part of the WAC-16 mess :roll: . The Utes lost and them making it to the title game never really helped the WAC didn't it?
I disagree. I think the money helped the WAC get Boise State, Utah State, etc to join since they had that money paying out.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

I assume SDSU will lose out on the tournament money if they go to the PAC. Burman said money is paid out to schools over 6 years.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

SDSU won't care...if they stayed, their payout for basketball would be less than $1 million (~$125 -140,000 per year for 6 years). If they went to the PAC, they would get about $33-34 million per year thanks to football. A touch more than the ~$4 million they make per year in the MWC.