Pokes4L
Buckaroo
Has liked: 1 time

X just posted to portal wow.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Pokes4L wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:33 pm X just posted to portal wow.
Source? I'm not seeing his name anywhere.
Pokes4L
Buckaroo
Has liked: 1 time

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:41 pm
Pokes4L wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:33 pm X just posted to portal wow.
His personal Instagram. Haven’t seen it anywhere else yet.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Wow! Now safe to say the team has imploded. Dude always played hard.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

Pokes4L wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:42 pm
WYO1016 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:41 pm

His personal Instagram. Haven’t seen it anywhere else yet.
I'm looking as his IG right now. Nothing on there.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found the post. Yeesh.

LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Wow. Just...wow.

How many of these guys end up on Sundance's squad?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LawPoke wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:06 pm Wow. Just...wow.

I'm interested to see that. That would burn some serious bridges.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:06 pm Wow. Just...wow.

If they do I don't ever want to hear the "they don't like the weather in Laramie" crap again. The winters in Green Bay, Wisconsin are a hell of a lot worse than in Laramie.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

At what point does Linder say something publicly? I know he has much bigger fish to fry with needing to recruit a whole new team and all, but as of right now, we don't have 5 scholarship guys to put on the court next year by my (likely flawed) count. His only high school verbal de-committed. He is down a coach and is coming off a terrible year. The program and UW were drug through the mud by the California mistakes and their families. There is smoke billowing out of the house. And we hear crickets instead of fire sirens. I don't know what I expect him to say, but taking some public ownership (similar to what Bohl did) and laying out his vision for how to fix things might not be a bad start.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

LawPoke wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:29 pm At what point does Linder say something publicly? I know he has much bigger fish to fry with needing to recruit a whole new team and all, but as of right now, we don't have 5 scholarship guys to put on the court next year by my (likely flawed) count. His only high school verbal de-committed. He is down a coach and is coming off a terrible year. The program and UW were drug through the mud by the California mistakes and their families. There is smoke billowing out of the house. And we hear crickets instead of fire sirens. I don't know what I expect him to say, but taking some public ownership (similar to what Bohl did) and laying out his vision for how to fix things might not be a bad start.
I've been wondering the same thing. There is some SERIOUS damage control that needs to be done. I know that his dad just passed and that he's grieving and working on estates and such, but he's got to say something and FAST.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict

I do find it intersting that he's saying he's going to enter, but hasn't actually done it yet. Probably just has to finish whatever paperwork is required, but most athletes seem to wait to announce until it's a done deal.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2023/D1
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Well, on the positive side of things, he sucked it up pretty bad this year, and actually regressed from 2021. He was OK on D, but that is about it. f-word the portal.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
wyosports
Buckaroo
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

College sports are all about relationships, and that does not seem to be one of coach's strong points. When you leave people in the airport after losses to find their own way home, and communicate with players the way he does, then this will be the result. There seems to be a pattern of kids leaving his program even back to his UNC days.
jwy_poke
Buckaroo

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:54 pm I do find it intersting that he's saying he's going to enter, but hasn't actually done it yet. Probably just has to finish whatever paperwork is required, but most athletes seem to wait to announce until it's a done deal.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2023/D1
His name is on the list
Multiple teams loosing multiple players. North Alabama 5 on the 1st page.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

Wow. I keep wondering if the most popular sports if not all of college sports will be in turmoil until they figure out NIL and the portal. Watching the tournament I keep hearing the announcers refer to where some of the players played last year. I believe basketball might have a higher percentage of players entering the portal than other sports . It is not good for fans and will I believe lead to a lot less fans showing up for games over time.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Unbelievable
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

Every non senior who played major minutes has decided not to return. Is there a chance that they know what Ike is going to do?
It seems to me that if they knew Ike was returning, then they might come back as well. But if they knew or suspected he wasn't, then leaving a last place team would be an easy decision.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:29 pm At what point does Linder say something publicly? I know he has much bigger fish to fry with needing to recruit a whole new team and all, but as of right now, we don't have 5 scholarship guys to put on the court next year by my (likely flawed) count. His only high school verbal de-committed. He is down a coach and is coming off a terrible year. The program and UW were drug through the mud by the California mistakes and their families. There is smoke billowing out of the house. And we hear crickets instead of fire sirens. I don't know what I expect him to say, but taking some public ownership (similar to what Bohl did) and laying out his vision for how to fix things might not be a bad start.
Needs to happen yesterday. Considering we need to fill an entire roster it would probably help to reassure that our program isn't completely melting down.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Poke in New England wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:14 pm
Needs to happen yesterday. Considering we need to fill an entire roster it would probably help to reassure that our program isn't completely melting down.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

No good players left. Well, if they keep Linder he will have a good excuse for finishing last again.