Spring Football...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

I think we upset TT in the opener.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

https://7220sports.com/10-thoughts-head ... ball-camp/

Not going to lie, Cody's article sort of has me excited for this team. The 4* O-lineman possibly destroying guys, geeked up to see Keelan Cox and all the other returning injured guys to go along with the guys that stepped up last year has me thinking this D is good enough to take us to the title. If Peasely plays all year like he did early (before injuries), maybe there's a shot. If someone beat him out, then I'd know he was obviously better because Bohl just doesn't do that.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

REAALLY wish Bohl would let the reporters watch a few practices.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:15 pm https://7220sports.com/10-thoughts-head ... ball-camp/

Not going to lie, Cody's article sort of has me excited for this team. The 4* O-lineman possibly destroying guys, geeked up to see Keelan Cox and all the other returning injured guys to go along with the guys that stepped up last year has me thinking this D is good enough to take us to the title. If Peasely plays all year like he did early (before injuries), maybe there's a shot. If someone beat him out, then I'd know he was obviously better because Bohl just doesn't do that.
I'm hoping someone beats out Peasley. If that happens, that means we likely have a future pro on our hands. Make no mistake, for Bohl, it would take a Josh Allen-like talent to unseat an incumbent.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

QB Caden Becker converted to defensive end. Interesting.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

I am very down on Peasley. We won't win more than 6 or 7 games again with him starting the whole year. To me he is basically a step above Tyler Vander Wal.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:08 pm QB Caden Becker converted to defensive end. Interesting.
Welp. I was holding out hope Becker would rise to the top and be our QB. Guess Peasley The Mighty has an iron grip on that position. Great. I'd rather Clemons than Peasley.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

https://7220sports.com/pokes-practice-r ... is-spring/

Lost of good reporting here.

Apparently DQ tore his ACL last year. That sucks
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Harsh broke his kneecap before last season. is that an easy one to come back from?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:40 pm Harsh broke his kneecap before last season. is that an easy one to come back from?
Depends on a few things. Was it a complete fracture, or just a stress reaction or partial fracture. Was it just bone or did it involve the quadricep tendon or patellar tendon. Was the medial patellofemoral ligament damaged or not.

Long story short. If it was just a small partial or stress reaction fracture, then it wouldn't take super long. If it was a complete fracture, or involved soft tissues (tendon, ligament, etc), then it would be a much more involved rehab.

Either way, he should be back this year, just depends when and how much time he has to regain strength, speed, etc.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

QB will remain an issue. Discouraging that the battle is for #2. The passing game will struggle again which puts a lid on potential for a conference championship. The opportunity to win quite a few games will be there, but the ooc losses and lack of passing will likely put the POKES at Bohl's average. With a completely 1 dimensional offense (its not the triple option), the POKES won't shock a decent P5 team. They'll be more than capable of matching up physically.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Udubalum07
Buckaroo
Been liked: 3 times

The Caden Becker move is definitely interesting. He had excellent athletic scores, and I live in omaha and saw him live a few times. He was always a better athlete than just a passer. If he still wants to be a quarterback then I wouldn't be surprised if a transfer announcement may be coming.

I'm intrigued on Evan Svaboda who Bohl praised quite a bit. If you watch highlights, he definitely has a lot of arm talent. I was hoping he would win the starting job or backup last year. Bohl said he is going to get a lot of looks in spring practices, and I would love to see an open competition for starter, but I think that is nailed down for Peasley regardless of shay anybody does.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Udubalum07 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:27 am The Caden Becker move is definitely interesting. He had excellent athletic scores, and I live in omaha and saw him live a few times. He was always a better athlete than just a passer. If he still wants to be a quarterback then I wouldn't be surprised if a transfer announcement may be coming.

I'm intrigued on Evan Svaboda who Bohl praised quite a bit. If you watch highlights, he definitely has a lot of arm talent. I was hoping he would win the starting job or backup last year. Bohl said he is going to get a lot of looks in spring practices, and I would love to see an open competition for starter, but I think that is nailed down for Peasley regardless of shay anybody does.
I can't recall seeing a QB to defensive end change anywhere before. It is very intriguing. But he might just be a guy that wants to get on the field and let it fly (which is great for a defensive end but not so great for a QB).
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:00 am
Udubalum07 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:27 am The Caden Becker move is definitely interesting. He had excellent athletic scores, and I live in omaha and saw him live a few times. He was always a better athlete than just a passer. If he still wants to be a quarterback then I wouldn't be surprised if a transfer announcement may be coming.

I can't recall seeing a QB to defensive end change anywhere before. It is very intriguing. But he might just be a guy that wants to get on the field and let it fly (which is great for a defensive end but not so great for a QB).
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears ... nsition-wr
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:00 am

Gary Patterson, while at TCU, used to make a point to recruit QB's - and convert them all over the field. He was quoted (somewhere) saying QB's (and RB's) are the most intelligent on the field, and usually are very athletic, so it doesn't take much for them to transition.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I thought there was a moment he won the backup qb spot last year but I believe Clemons was day 1 backup. It would be really interesting if someone beat Peasely out as that would indicate that they’re clearly better as Bohl doesn’t like supplanting established starters at QB
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:48 pm Bohl doesn’t like supplanting established starters at QB
Bohl doesn't like offense.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Peasley will be better next year. He’s gonna run more as a senior. That will open stuff up.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Becker asked to switch positions and he loves Laramie! Very refreshing.

https://7220sports.com/caden-becker-not ... tid=Zxz2cZ
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:41 pm Becker asked to switch positions and he loves Laramie! Very refreshing.

https://7220sports.com/caden-becker-not ... tid=Zxz2cZ
Good stuff! Sounds like the right kind of dude.