This Wed vs. bWHYu...

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Do we get humilated like the sheep did (by almost 50)...or do we compete?

Hey Heath...get your balls out of your wifes purse and get AJ some substantial minutes. Afam is killing you with his lack of effort, laziness, and piss poor shot selection. Quit catering to Mr. Superstar...he isn't THAT special of a player! Go with...

Jackson
Davis
Waddell
Thiam
M'Baye

Then have some fun minimally rotating:

Dermody, Buedo, Harrison, and Luster

And leave these two on the damn bench:

Muojeke, Sylla
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Pittsburgh Nellie
Ranch Hand

oh Marcus Bailey, Donta, Uche and Josh Davis, where art thou.

I can't get excited about Pokes basketball. It is in the porcelain and no signs of life.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

people need to shut up about Muojeke hes our only legit scoring threat and everyone knows it he has some serious talent and also has issues passing but we need him on the floor
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

gopokes1399 wrote:people need to shut up about Muojeke hes our only legit scoring threat and everyone knows it he has some serious talent and also has issues passing but we need him on the floor
I call poop on that gopokes1399. I will never shut about about Muojeke and his lack of effort, until the day I see him actually give 100%. Take an unbiased look at him...watch a replay and just focus on what he does...then come back and let's hear your reply. Anyone that shoots that much (his percentages blow) is bound to put up some decent points, but usually at a cost to the team.
Dear Karma,

JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:
gopokes1399 wrote:people need to shut up about Muojeke hes our only legit scoring threat and everyone knows it he has some serious talent and also has issues passing but we need him on the floor
I call poop on that gopokes1399. I will never shut about about Muojeke and his lack of effort, until the day I see him actually give 100%. Take an unbiased look at him...watch a replay and just focus on what he does...then come back and let's hear your reply. Anyone that shoots that much (his percentages blow) is bound to put up some decent points, but usually at a cost to the team.
While Afam doesn't always give 100% (or at least look like he doesn't), gopokes1399 is correct. He is our #1 scoring threat and we need him on the court. He shoots at a decent % (yes he does) and has a decent rebound total. Look what happened when he scored 30 against SDSU. As long as he doesn't force the issue. He can hit the 3 and short/mid range jump shots as well as score off the dribble.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

He's also a great freethrow shooter. When he's good, he's great, and when he's bad, it's bad shots and turnovers. But who else can we go to? Durmady made 3 3's last game, but he never does that on the road. We are probably the worst outside shooting team in the conference. So McPeachy, while I agree somewhat with your general feelings about Afam's effort, I don't see any good alternative.

We are 22 point underdogs tonight. So I guess you could argue we may as well have 5 hustling bodies out there. I just don't know who we go to. It's not like we are going to get anything out of Thiam and Waddell in the post. Davis and Jackson can't make a shot further than 2 feet from the hoop. Let's see if Afam gets hot tonight from 8 feet above the 3 point line. God knows he's gonna huck it up there.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

bladerunnr wrote:Let's see if Afam gets hot tonight from 8 feet above the 3 point line. God knows he's gonna huck it up there.
So true...those 30 foot bricks Afam launches are quite impressive! :lol:
Dear Karma,

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

JimmyDimes wrote:He is our #1 scoring threat and we need him on the court.
We (UW Basketball) is then, truly, in deep poop. Might as well start a coaching search now huh?
Dear Karma,

TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 49 times

I'm glad you wanted M'Baye starting. He is having a monster game so far. 5 turnovers and no assists. He also has 3 points.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

One problem, as I see it, is that Schroyer doesn't know how to keep a team in that is productive. This won't necessarily be the same 5 every game. You find the core 5 and they play most of the game. For sure 22-Frenchie was not one of those tonight. Sylla probably never, except when they are 20 ahead and need some comic relief.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote:One problem, as I see it, is that Schroyer doesn't know how to keep a team in that is productive. This won't necessarily be the same 5 every game. You find the core 5 and they play most of the game. For sure 22-Frenchie was not one of those tonight. Sylla probably never, except when they are 20 ahead and need some comic relief.
Yep, M'Baye made some bonehead mistakes tonight. I still like his game, but tonight he played like a true freshman.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Well tonight was typical. They play like a team and do well, then go back to sloppy ass street ball.
The Road
Ranch Hand

We beat the spread!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

TheRealUW wrote:I'm glad you wanted M'Baye starting. He is having a monster game so far. 5 turnovers and no assists. He also has 3 points.
True, M'Baye had a horrific few possessions, no doubt. That happens. But there was more hustle and intensity from him, than almost everyone on the court. Almost everyone.

Don't know why Desmar isn't getting more PT. If he had the FGA and FTA that a certain other player on the team has, no doubt he would be the teams leading scorer.
Dear Karma,

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

At least we didn't lose as bad as CSU did. They lost by what, 30 or so? We lost by less then 20. So, there seems to be at least some improvement. Just no where near enough. :brick: