BYU's Evil Project

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

My memory is really fuzzy about THE BYU PROJECT. What exactly did BYU try to do to The MWC when they left? Please refresh my faulty memory. Thanks!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 292 times
Been liked: 124 times

Here’s a link from Thompson’s perspective.

https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2023/2/1 ... mike-young
WyoGeezer
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

WOW! Thanks! Now I understand why most of you despise Utah State. I've despised BS State from the first time I saw them play in Reno. Then they and SDSU tried to bolt for The Big East. I've despised SDSU ever since. Utah State is now on that list. CSU and BYU? Oh yeah!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

The one positive of potential conference realignment is there might be a sliver of hope we are somehow separated from byu-lite. Doubtful but gotta keep a positive attitude.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 222 times

WyoGeezer wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:22 pm WOW! Thanks! Now I understand why most of you despise Utah State. I've despised BS State from the first time I saw them play in Reno. Then they and SDSU tried to bolt for The Big East. I've despised SDSU ever since. Utah State is now on that list. CSU and BYU? Oh yeah!
I don't despise USU because of this at all. Other than some annoying basketball fans, I think USU is a good conference partner. At the time, USU was taking marching orders from their master (BYU) and was looking to improve their own situation and owed Wyoming nothing as they were in separate conferences. In fact, USU's move directly led to USU ultimately being invited to the MWC and thus the move did work to its benefit. BYU was actively trying to backstab and destroy its long term conference mates. BYU wanted to see Wyoming die on a vine all the while claiming moral superiority. Apples to oranges to me. The fact that Burman went back on his word that we would never schedule BYU again still sits very poorly with me.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 222 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:57 am The one positive of potential conference realignment is there might be a sliver of hope we are somehow separated from byu-lite. Doubtful but gotta keep a positive attitude.
Would you rather have us in a conference with Southern Utah and Utah Tech than USU?? When looking at conferences that make sense, Wyoming needs to stick with USU, CSU, Air Force and New Mexico. Otherwise, where we end up won't be pretty.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:01 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:57 am The one positive of potential conference realignment is there might be a sliver of hope we are somehow separated from byu-lite. Doubtful but gotta keep a positive attitude.
Would you rather have us in a conference with Southern Utah and Utah Tech than USU?? When looking at conferences that make sense, Wyoming needs to stick with USU, CSU, Air Force and New Mexico. Otherwise, where we end up won't be pretty.
Hopefully, csu, UNM, AF and WYO end up together. After that, my give a crap drops a lot except hoping somehow usu ends up elsewhere. Maybe they'll be with southern Utah and Utah tech.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 60 times

I sports hate BYU as much as the next guy, but Evil? I think we are getting into some concept creep territory here.

The days of actual amateur college athletics are long long gone...this is business. Businesses screw each other over. There are often consequences for it but if you are big enough, you can bear them. If the 'screwing over' is covered by some sort of contract then there can be legal recourse. How is this different than a failed (and it did fail...at least from the point of view that BYU didn't get what they were planning at the time) buyout or unsavory business maneuver?