WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Our d is pathetic
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Playing with heart now. I’ll always be a DuSell fan.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:49 pm Playing with heart now. I’ll always be a DuSell fan.
Yes. We woke up. I would love to beats these wieners. Utah state is such a dislike-able team
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

Any reason to be concerned that this is the 3rd or 4th game that Ike hasn’t been on the bench?
jwy_poke
Buckaroo

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:18 pm Any reason to be concerned that this is the 3rd or 4th game that Ike hasn’t been on the bench?
No
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

jwy_poke wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:24 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:18 pm Any reason to be concerned that this is the 3rd or 4th game that Ike hasn’t been on the bench?
No
Whew…….thank you!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

jwy_poke wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:24 pm
No
Reynolds is shut down but he still comes to support the team. Why wouldn’t Ike?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Well it’s not good!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

I have no clue what is a foul and what isn’t anymore.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:31 pm I have no clue what is a foul and what isn’t anymore.
Whatever a foul is byu jr only has two of them this half
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

took lead in second half and then a big drought doomed us again.
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

most stats pretty even except for the 17 points in the second half. oof
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

This team. Geez. So frustrating
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Dusell needed to go OFF...shoot the ball more...mighta made a difference, smh....
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

stymeman wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:19 am Dusell needed to go OFF...shoot the ball more...mighta made a difference, smh....
Uhh, no. They started to guard him once he got hot. Every time he got the ball in the second 1/2, he
had lots of attention. Could we have run him off some picks to try and free him up? For whatever reason, we don't
try things like that.

Anyone who has a basketball iq over the dunce level could see we had no chance. They pass the ball to guys cutting to the basket.
We have a player trying to drive to the basket (usually out of control) and then try to pass the ball back to someone at the 3 point line when the penetration is stopped. Or, better yet, a slow guy tries a behind the back dribble and the ball is stolen for an easy basket the other way. Every time I watch our offense, I wonder if Linder really knows what he's doing.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

bladerunnr wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:52 am
stymeman wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:19 am Dusell needed to go OFF...shoot the ball more...mighta made a difference, smh....
Uhh, no. They started to guard him once he got hot. Every time he got the ball in the second 1/2, he
had lots of attention. Could we have run him off some picks to try and free him up? For whatever reason, we don't
try things like that.

Anyone who has a basketball iq over the dunce level could see we had no chance. They pass the ball to guys cutting to the basket.
We have a player trying to drive to the basket (usually out of control) and then try to pass the ball back to someone at the 3 point line when the penetration is stopped. Or, better yet, a slow guy tries a behind the back dribble and the ball is stolen for an easy basket the other way. Every time I watch our offense, I wonder if Linder really knows what he's doing.
A lot of truth to this but I believe Maldo driving to the basket (and drawing fouls) or backing down players (even with his turnovers) gives us the best chance to win. WE saw it last year and it became evident that we needed to go back to that based on the first 15 games of trying to get away from that.

My question is why is Caden Powell not getting the bulk of the minutes down low?!? Thompson goes 0-6 from 3 and Powell has Ike like skills that need to be developed. Powell has legit talent and could dominate if he bulks up and stops letting some of the posts out muscle him.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

As bladerunner said, they were on DuSell like glue. They weren't afraid of Thompson at all and let him get open looks (and an 0-6 from 3).
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

try things like that.

I have to agree. There is a pick and roll at the top, maldo tries to drive. If he can't make it to the hoop he kicks it out. If a guy is open we'll take a three if not we usually have to jack a desperation three before the shot clock expires. Our offense is as rudimentary and easy to defend as our football offense. So simple! No one other than Foster cuts to the hoop. There is no crisp ball movement. There are three guys standing dead still on the perimeter almost at all times. No crashing the offensive boards to try to get some easy points. No wonder we suck. What are we even doing on offense.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:48 am

try things like that.

My question is why is Caden Powell not getting the bulk of the minutes down low?!? Thompson goes 0-6 from 3 and Powell has Ike like skills that need to be developed. Powell has legit talent and could dominate if he bulks up and stops letting some of the posts out muscle him.
It's crazy. Can't wait to not have to watch him anymore.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:31 am

try things like that.

I have to agree. There is a pick and roll at the top, maldo tries to drive. If he can't make it to the hoop he kicks it out. If a guy is open we'll take a three if not we usually have to jack a desperation three before the shot clock expires. Our offense is as rudimentary and easy to defend as our football offense. So simple! No one other than Foster cuts to the hoop. There is no crisp ball movement. There are three guys standing dead still on the perimeter almost at all times. No crashing the offensive boards to try to get some easy points. No wonder we suck. What are we even doing on offense.
It's like Linder doesn't realize we don't have Ike. That 2 man game only works when both men are dangers to score. Pick and roll with Thompson doesn't work because he can't score inside and they will let have all the 3's he can shoot because he gets hot once in a blue moon.