It’s official, SDSU going to PAC

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

Looks like the official announcement of what we all expected. SDSU going to the Pac “whatever” conference
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I am surprised it actually happened
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:16 am I am surprised it actually happened
Why? It's been the worst kept secret for months having been discussed ad nauseum. The PAC has no choice but to expand (or cease to exist) and SDSU is by far the most logical choice of available options.

At no point has, and at no point will, the MWC be the conference poaching teams from P5 conferences. Now let's just hope that the PAC can add one more non-MWC team (i.e. not Fresno State) and enter into a long term media contract to provide the conference with some stability. Any more instability in the PAC, then the MWC is gutted and we are left behind in a very poor conference picking up scraps.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

This does nothing to bolster the failing Pac12. USC at least has a large footprint and following outside of L.A..
Something SDSU will never have. There are like 15 "SDSU" fans outside of SoCal. Their new stadium was laughable this season. The SDSU "tv market" for revenue is in name only. It won't move the needle at all, because NO ONE will tune into SDSU football games.

I don't blame the PAC 12 for the move here, but this isn't going to matter.

The 129 total SDSU fans and their student section "The Show" are more like a 💩 show. Take your arrogance and get out.

I love San Diego the city. The campus is beautiful. They have occasional cool helmets. Other than that, peace out ✌️
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

I agree. Feels like what happened when SDSU and Boise State joined the Big East only to have that blow up in their faces.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:55 am
Why? It's been the worst kept secret for months having been discussed ad nauseum. The PAC has no choice but to expand (or cease to exist) and SDSU is by far the most logical choice of available options.

At no point has, and at no point will, the MWC be the conference poaching teams from P5 conferences. Now let's just hope that the PAC can add one more non-MWC team (i.e. not Fresno State) and enter into a long term media contract to provide the conference with some stability. Any more instability in the PAC, then the MWC is gutted and we are left behind in a very poor conference picking up scraps.
Why does the PAC have to expand? Adding SDSU does not allow the PAC to command more money in TV negotiations. Adding SDSU and whoever will only decrease the $$/per school for the existing PAC teams.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:35 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:55 am

Why does the PAC have to expand? Adding SDSU does not allow the PAC to command more money in TV negotiations. Adding SDSU and whoever will only decrease the $$/per school for the existing PAC teams.
Because if it doesn't expand, it puts the conference at risk of total collapse if Oregon and Washington were to eventually leave. You backfill to provide certainty going forward.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:50 am
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:35 am
Because if it doesn't expand, it puts the conference at risk of total collapse if Oregon and Washington were to eventually leave. You backfill to provide certainty going forward.
If anyone else leaves the PAC they are screwed big time in terms of being a power conference regardless if they back fill or not. If they lose Oregon and Washington it won't matter who they back fill with because there is no one left that will even remotely move the needle. This is why it surprised me they are doing anything other than trying like heck to keep more schools from jumping ship. Adding SDSU and SMU isn't going to help any of the current PAC schools from leaving. Not even slightly.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:03 pm

If anyone else leaves the PAC they are screwed big time in terms of being a power conference regardless if they back fill or not. If they lose Oregon and Washington it won't matter who they back fill with because there is no one left that will even remotely move the needle. This is why it surprised me they are doing anything other than trying like heck to keep more schools from jumping ship. Adding SDSU and SMU isn't going to help any of the current PAC schools from leaving. Not even slightly.
Chances are that they know more schools are leaving and adding suds/smu is an effort to maintain the 4 corner schools.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:03 pm

I’m willing to bet a Pokes cap from the B&G, Oregon and Washington won’t remain in the PAC”whatever”…..

It’s not if- it’s when. Doesn’t matter where.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 35 times

It's still not "official". There's a lot of factors involved and still things that need to be worked out. AD telling some people at an event that it's happening is not "official" and it could still fall apart.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:22 am It's still not "official". There's a lot of factors involved and still things that need to be worked out. AD telling some people at an event that it's happening is not "official" and it could still fall apart.
Im willing to take the bet. I’ll bet a Pokes cap, or $20 gift certificate to B&G that SDSU goes to the PAC”whatever”.

You in?!
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand

I'm not debating that it's likely. Of course it's likely at this point. Lol.

But saying "it's official" isn't just disingenuous; it's flat out wrong.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:49 am I'm not debating that it's likely. Of course it's likely at this point. Lol.

Ahhh gotcha, posting what the SDSU AD STATED and I’m disingenuous. That makes perfect sense to someone other than me.

Well I have a bet there. Take it, or in other words put up or shut it.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:33 pm
DamThatRiver22 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:49 am I'm not debating that it's likely. Of course it's likely at this point. Lol.

Ahhh gotcha, posting what the SDSU AD STATED and I’m disingenuous. That makes perfect sense to someone other than me.

How's that crow taste?
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

Looks like SDSU will stay for now. Everyone seems to waiting until the PAC 10 TV contract and reconfiguration is done before making any moves. I still am stunned the Big 12 is letting BYU in. I would have bet anything they were pushing hard to get into the PAC 10.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

doreno5 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:42 pm Looks like SDSU will stay for now. Everyone seems to waiting until the PAC 10 TV contract and reconfiguration is done before making any moves. I still am stunned the Big 12 is letting BYU in. I would have bet anything they were pushing hard to get into the PAC 10.
I can answer that question....Cal & Stanford hates BYU's guts!!!!!!!!!!!!! So...PAC-XX wasn't in BYU's future.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:21 pm
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:33 pm

How's that crow taste?
My statement stands. No crow to eat. SDSU stated, via letter, it intends to leave and will. It’s still a matter of time. How do you not get that? They’ve communicated it. If you think I lost the bet, I’ll honor my word. Give me an address.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:58 pm
DamThatRiver22 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:21 pm

How's that crow taste?
My statement stands. No crow to eat. SDSU stated, via letter, it intends to leave and will. It’s still a matter of time. How do you not get that? They’ve communicated it. If you think I lost the bet, I’ll honor my word. Give me an address.
Every team intends to leave for a better deal. Just take the L
W-Y, Until I Die!