Apathy and Malaise is Setting In

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

Nobody cares about women's soccer or women's basketball. They wouldn't even exist if not carried by the $ the FB and BB program generates, mostly football. Those 2 programs could go away tomorrow and hardly anyone would notice. Yes the fans will return next fall for football and the TT game will come close to a SO but I think they'll probably fall about 3-4K short of the goal. Holidays are over. It's almost February. Mike Grant is still on the coaching staff and the OC remains the same. I think they win 7 games next year. Go Pokes.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:20 pm Nobody cares about women's soccer or women's basketball. They wouldn't even exist if not carried by the $ the FB and BB program generates, mostly football. Those 2 programs could go away tomorrow and hardly anyone would notice. Yes the fans will return next fall for football and the TT game will come close to a SO but I think they'll probably fall about 3-4K short of the goal. Holidays are over. It's almost February. Mike Grant is still on the coaching staff and the OC remains the same. Go Pokes.
Nobody, hmmmm. Tell that to my buddy and the other 1000’s that will be in Vegas in March for the conference championship watching the Cowgirls. Pretty sure if they didn’t care - they wouldn’t go.

Really, an ignorant comment.

Just say YOU don’t care about them and be done with it.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Wyoming who??? What are they good at???
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:33 pm
PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:20 pm Nobody cares about women's soccer or women's basketball. They wouldn't even exist if not carried by the $ the FB and BB program generates, mostly football. Those 2 programs could go away tomorrow and hardly anyone would notice. Yes the fans will return next fall for football and the TT game will come close to a SO but I think they'll probably fall about 3-4K short of the goal. Holidays are over. It's almost February. Mike Grant is still on the coaching staff and the OC remains the same. Go Pokes.
Nobody, hmmmm. Tell that to my buddy and the other 1000’s that will be in Vegas in March for the conference championship watching the Cowgirls. Pretty sure if they didn’t care - they wouldn’t go.

Relatively speaking nobody cares about those 2 programs or just about any others not football or basketball related. If the Cowgirls ever win anything the needle stays where it is and practically nobody cares is what I'm saying. For instance of the girls win the mwc title the last thing I'm doing is going down to the b&G shop to buy a shirt or a hat. Very few rake wcbb seriously as big sports fans and 99% have no idea who is even on various teams. To me its Wyoming football and basketball. Everything else is window dressing and a distraction to what the majority of Pokes fans truly care about.

Really, an ignorant comment.

PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

I don't care about them and haven't cared about them since 1968. There, all better now.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:55 am
Itsux2beaewe wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:33 pm

Nobody, hmmmm. Tell that to my buddy and the other 1000’s that will be in Vegas in March for the conference championship watching the Cowgirls. Pretty sure if they didn’t care - they wouldn’t go. Really, an ignorant comment.

Relatively speaking nobody cares about those 2 programs or just about any others not football or basketball related. If the Cowgirls ever win anything the needle stays where it is and practically nobody cares is what I'm saying. For instance of the girls win the mwc title the last thing I'm doing is going down to the b&G shop to buy a shirt or a hat. Very few take wcbb seriously as big sports fans and 99% have no idea who is even on various teams. To me its Wyoming football and basketball. Everything else is window dressing and a distraction to what the majority of Pokes fans truly care about.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:58 am
PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:55 am

Relatively speaking nobody cares about those 2 programs or just about any others not football or basketball related. If the Cowgirls ever win anything the needle stays where it is and practically nobody cares is what I'm saying. For instance of the girls win the mwc title the last thing I'm doing is going down to the b&G shop to buy a shirt or a hat. Very few take wcbb seriously as big sports fans and 99% have no idea who is even on various teams. To me its Wyoming football and basketball. Everything else is window dressing and a distraction to what the majority of Pokes fans truly care about.
And your fact that the “needle stays where it is”,……..is what? Or did you not use fact, and this just your misogynistic, baseless and ignorant opinion? Ignorant opinions are okay, just ignorant.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:21 pm Nobody cares about women's soccer or women's basketball. They wouldn't even exist if not carried by the $ the FB and BB program generates, mostly football.
BS take. Football wouldn’t exist without them. It’s called Title IX. Some of the loudest basketball games ever at the AA were women’s games in 2007. I know. I was there.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:11 am
PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:21 pm Nobody cares about women's soccer or women's basketball. They wouldn't even exist if not carried by the $ the FB and BB program generates, mostly football.
BS take. Football wouldn’t exist without them. It’s called Title IX. Some of the loudest basketball games ever at the AA were women’s games in 2007. I know. I was there.
Is that the year they won the NIT? I was at that championship game as well. It was a lot of fun.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

Those sports and programs don't exist to me. Ya'll can have them but just like me most Pokes fans don't pay attention even a little bit.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:18 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:11 am
Is that the year they won the NIT? I was at that championship game as well. It was a lot of fun.
Yes, very fun run!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:14 pm Those sports and programs don't exist to me. Ya'll can have them but just like me most Pokes fans don't pay attention even a little bit.
I pay attention to football and men’s and women’s basketball. I couldn’t tell you much of anything about any other team at UW. I know we used to be decent in volleyball and wrestling. I know we made noise in the soccer tournament last year. Otherwise, I got nothin’.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

I would agree with malaise but not apathy. Fans still care plenty. Excitement and enthusiasm are not at an all time high ( a promising basketball season that went sideways early and quickly and another football season that failed to deliver on promises made by the head coach 9 years ago will do that), but I think the fans still care overall very much.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 15 times

Down season in basketball and a poor finish to football kills interest. I'm still reading regularly, just not much to post.