Bills/Bengals

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

Pokes fans, who you pulling for Sunday?

Josh or Logan, oversimplified….. it’s a tough one to choose.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Bills
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Bills. But pulling for a Logan to have a good game. This may be one of the best opportunities for a Bills Super Bowl.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Yes, I know, paying division teams in playoffs is always hard, but Bills will get rolled if they play like they did against Miami.

Josh has to be better at protecting the football especiallyin the red zone. Overall, Bills haven't been playing great consistently in my opinion.

Hoping Bills win but I'm not sure it matters with KC likely looming.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:30 am Yes, I know, paying division teams in playoffs is always hard, but Bills will get rolled if they play like they did against Miami.

Josh has to be better at protecting the football especiallyin the red zone. Overall, Bills haven't been playing great consistently in my opinion.

Bengals will get rolled if they play like they did against Ravens. Both didn't play well. That being said, I hope the bills win but I don't have a great feeling about this game

I want Bills because QB is so visible. Some mural of Josh holding up the Lombardi at the HPAC would do a lot. I don't know how big this window is for the Bills. Josh's salary really starts hitting after this year. They need to resign Jordan Poyer and Edmunds I believe. Maybe they can keep it together like Chiefs. Hope so.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:27 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:30 am Yes, I know, paying division teams in playoffs is always hard, but Bills will get rolled if they play like they did against Miami.

Bengals will get rolled if they play like they did against Ravens. Both didn't play well. That being said, I hope the bills win but I don't have a great feeling about this game

I want Bills because QB is so visible. Some mural of Josh holding up the Lombardi at the HPAC would do a lot. I don't know how big this window is for the Bills. Josh's salary really starts hitting after this year. They need to resign Jordan Poyer and Edmunds I believe. Maybe they can keep it together like Chiefs. Hope so.
I don't disagree. Bills have as much upside as any team and may be the most dangerous team when they are clicking. Allen's turnovers and Miller getting hurt I think are a couple big factors involved in the inconsistency. On the flip side, Allen playing lights out is when they look like contenders.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

I'm not an NFL fan, zero loyalties, but it doesn't stop me from being an observer of the game. I don't care who wins, I just want to see both Allen and Wilson have a great game. Kind of like the kids in "The Sandlot" who don't keep score, it's kind of a pure love of the game without the zero sum emotionality of picking a side (for no real reason).

All that being said, I'll be rooting for the Jags, with Wingard and Muma, and being the massive 'dog, to make the Chiefs EARN whatever happens (win or lose), for Gipson to give Dallas' offense fits, and for Epps to play a big part in the Eagles' effort...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wyovanian wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:27 am I'm not an NFL fan, zero loyalties, but it doesn't stop me from being an observer of the game. I don't care who wins, I just want to see both Allen and Wilson have a great game. Kind of like the kids in "The Sandlot" who don't keep score, it's kind of a pure love of the game without the zero sum emotionality of picking a side (for no real reason).

All that being said, I'll be rooting for the Jags, with Wingard and Muma, and being the massive 'dog, to make the Chiefs EARN whatever happens (win or lose), for Gipson to give Dallas' offense fits, and for Epps to play a big part in the Eagles' effort...
That's how I generally am.
But the Bills as a whole haven't been to the Super Bowl since before Josh was born, and have never won it. Now is a great time to win it all. And watch Buffalo, NY make an actual church to Josh.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:58 am
laxwyo wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:27 am

I don't disagree. Bills have as much upside as any team and may be the most dangerous team when they are clicking. Allen's turnovers and Miller getting hurt I think are a couple big factors involved in the inconsistency. On the flip side, Allen playing lights out is when they look like contenders.
I think the only team that can survive an Allen lights-out game is KC...and even then it will take an equivalent game from Mahomes.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

307bball wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:33 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:58 am

I think the only team that can survive an Allen lights-out game is KC...and even then it will take an equivalent game from Mahomes.
And that playoff game, where both went lights out, Mahomes had more than just Kelce to catch for him. Josh has basically every WR that has helped him since college on his team, plus Tre White back on defense (they REALLY missed him there).
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

KC looking a little more vulnerable than I thought they would.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Go Logan and the Bengals!!!

Sorry to see Dewey and Muma depart, but Marcus Epps is still around too!!! Cmon Tashaun intercept Dax Sunday
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

bummer. Bill OL trash and without Von Miller and Micah Hyde, Bills D folds again.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

After the Miami game, this didn't surprise me.

Lost on the Chiefs game but 49ers and Bengals made my weekend decent.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

Down go the Bills! Wooo-hooo! Congratulations to Logan and the Bengals! Win it all for Casper and Wyoming Mr Governor! Saw a stat today that was concerning. Josh Allen has a combined 80 turnovers which leads the NFL over the past 3 years. Let's go Bengal Tigers! A Wyoming boy with the Lombardi at the hapc!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

I'm starting to think Josh Allen will never win a conference or World Championship!!!

Too bad...would've loved seeing the Bills win a title with a Wyoming Cowboy at the helm than them Bills fans) just remembering their past glory of 4 straight Super Bowl goof-ups with a Miami (FL) twerp for a QB. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

If I'm in a room with 50 other nfl fans from our area 49 of them are die hard broncos fans. The only one who isn't would be me! I've been a Patriots fan since 1970 coming from a family of patriots fans who moved from vermont and out to wyoming during the mid sixties. Josh has produced quite a few suddenly new bills fans around laramie which i guess would be expected. But i think if the broncos and bills were playing for the chance to go to a super bowl then i think the new bandwagon bills fans around here would quickly go back to rooting for their favorite team which is the broncos. Once Josh is done in buffalo you won't ever see another bills flag waving around laramie any longer.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I am not sure what to think of the Bills. I was thinking they need a major rebuild, like firing both coordinators and getting rid of many players and doing a major refresh, but on the other hand they have faced a lot this year. Bills just looked tired and "done". No fire, no enthusiasm, no joy. I think the Hamlin thing finally exacted its toll, along with the insane snowstorms that killed a fair number of people, the weird travel, the cancelling of a game and moving it to Detroit, the mass shooting in buffalo, the punter/rapist thing, the Miller injury, the Hyde injury, I think there's been more adversity too I am not mentioning. Perhaps it was all just too much to overcome. I don't know. I do know the lines, on both sides of the ball suck. Once Miller went down, the Bills had zero pass rush, and the O line can't protect worth a damn. Blow it up? Or just try to patch the shaky lines and 'run it back'? Tough choices ahead for the Bills.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Anyway, huge congratulations to Logan! I am now rooting for the Bengals to pull it off. How cool would it be to see Logan hoist the Lombardi!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:02 am I am not sure what to think of the Bills. I was thinking they need a major rebuild, like firing both coordinators and getting rid of many players and doing a major refresh, but on the other hand they have faced a lot this year. Bills just looked tired and "done". No fire, no enthusiasm, no joy. I think the Hamlin thing finally exacted its toll, along with the insane snowstorms that killed a fair number of people, the weird travel, the cancelling of a game and moving it to Detroit, the mass shooting in buffalo, the punter/rapist thing, the Miller injury, the Hyde injury, I think there's been more adversity too I am not mentioning. Perhaps it was all just too much to overcome. I don't know. I do know the lines, on both sides of the ball suck. Once Miller went down, the Bills had zero pass rush, and the O line can't protect worth a damn. Blow it up? Or just try to patch the shaky lines and 'run it back'? Tough choices ahead for the Bills.
Man..when you lay it out like that...I can see why they looked unfocused for the last few games. The Hamlin think alone could have made the guys sort of lose that edge.