f-word Craig Bohl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

All done. Thanks..
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 50 times

Wyovanian wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:05 pm All done. Thanks..
No worries I totally get it.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

Looks like the Trib's Thorburn is taking the gloves off. Nice to see SOMEONE in the press who's not afraid of the big bad Bohl.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

Holy Toledo! With a story like this https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... -top-story Ryan Thorburn can expect a lot of cold shoulders during Bohl's press conferences next season. I want to repeat that I like Bohl and I want with everything in me to see him and this program succeed. But if someone was alone with Bohl and asked him if the nine seasons he just completed is what he envisioned when he arrived in Laramie I am positive he would say absolutely not. I give Thorburn credit because it is nice to see someone in the media FINALLY hold this coach and athletic director's feet to the fire. As much as Bohl and Burman will hate this story I hope it sparks some others to do the same and cover the football team like its supposed to be covered and like other programs across the country are covered. Wyoming administration seems to want it both ways, give us your attention, be a passionate Pokes fan, but when we fall short of expectations just look away and ignore the disappointment and say Ride For The Brand. They want the cake and they want to eat it as well. This is bush league all the way around. When you arrive talking about being champions and have delivered nothing even close to that you deserve to second guessed and criticized when warranted. Here is hoping that when Bohl next meets with the media that someone will finally address the offensive issues and if we can expect any changes moving into 2023. Here is also hoping that Ryan Thorburn can leave that press conference and go back to his car that isn't sitting on 4 cinder blocks.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I just read Thorburn’s piece and I thought it was very well done. It says what many in the fan base are feeling.
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wyovanian wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:35 pm Looks like the Trib's Thorburn is taking the gloves off. Nice to see SOMEONE in the press who's not afraid of the big bad Bohl.
The Thorburn story is pretty tame. It's actually way more positive than negative. This program has a ton of problems on offense and clearly has no real plan to fix it.

I'll be doing a blog series here soon once the dust settles with my analysis of the state of the program under Bohl.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

The article is hitting with a pillow. At some point someone needs to start questioning Burman and address the Sternberg report which is proving to be more correct than not.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

I agree. Very tame article. If Coach feels that’s hitting hard, Bohl better stay away from real media in the metropolitan cities.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

Tame? For Wyoming? I disagree. I will agree that the program is covered pillow soft but that story is like pouring gasoline on a pile of wood and then striking a match. If that story is tame show me a writer or announcer who covers the Pokes who has ever really hit hard.
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 35 times

Let's not give Thorburn too much credit. Need I remind everyone that at the start of the season, he was one of the ones stroking Bohl's ego and publishing articles claiming he was still undoubtedly the right man for the job?

Y'all have a short memory.

Not to mention the article is still ridiculously fluffy and stops short of really holding Bohl accountable for anything. Everyone in the press is still scared of Bohl; don't kid yourselves.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

DamThatRiver22 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:09 pm Let's not give Thorburn too much credit. Need I remind everyone that at the start of the season, he was one of the ones stroking Bohl's ego and publishing articles claiming he was still undoubtedly the right man for the job?

Not to mention the article is still ridiculously fluffy and stops short of really holding Bohl accountable for anything. Everyone in the press is still scared of Bohl; don't kid yourselves.
He may have hit with padded sparring gloves, but in nine years no one in the press has even done that. I remember Bob Hammond being diplomatically critical of Al Kincaid. It's a bit of old school "Wyoming Way" about "fighting fair".

Fact is, it's definitely something Bohl, so far, is not accustomed to. Any reaction, no matter how subtle, will be interesting to watch.

Burman's almost 20 years into this, longest AD tenure in school history. With how this basketball season's shaking out, the apparent meltdown in wrestling, a drop off in donations, and the public opinion turning on Bohl, I'm sure Seidel is beginning to spend some time thinking about things...
DamThatRiver22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 35 times

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:23 pm Any reaction, no matter how subtle, will be interesting to watch.
This I agree with. Bohl has been known to bristle a bit when pressed on anything (part of why everyone in the press is so scared of him), so I'd love to see if there's any response, self-reflection, accountability, etc. or if he gets touchy.

(Or if he ignores it entirely, which is a possibility.)

Any of the above will be very telling and also heavily influence public opinion of him, which is starting to finally become very, very volatile.

Edit: More importantly, any self-reflection or accountability has to be followed with ACTION and ANSWERS. We've seen Bohl recently admit little things here and there and say that he was going to work on things. But there's never been any tangible change.

If Bohl truly wants to defend himself and his job, and appear to be genuine about any kind of accountability, actual scheme changes need to happen and people actually need to be fired (starting with Mike Grant). I hate to call for people's means of making a living, but there is dead weight here and this is a performance-based industry. Heads need to roll.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

Here's a thought and who could deny this? Has anyone thought that Burman works for Bohl and not the other way around? Bohl probably has more pull than Burman does right now. If the CJC membership had to choose between Bohl or Burman who do you think they would give the nod to? My money is on Bohl by a mile.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:23 pm
DamThatRiver22 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:09 pm Let's not give Thorburn too much credit. Need I remind everyone that at the start of the season, he was one of the ones stroking Bohl's ego and publishing articles claiming he was still undoubtedly the right man for the job?

He may have hit with padded sparring gloves, but in nine years no one in the press has even done that. I remember Bob Hammond being diplomatically critical of Al Kincaid. It's a bit of old school "Wyoming Way" about "fighting fair".

Fact is, it's definitely something Bohl, so far, is not accustomed to. Any reaction, no matter how subtle, will be interesting to watch.

Burman's almost 20 years into this, longest AD tenure in school history. With how this basketball season's shaking out, the apparent meltdown in wrestling, a drop off in donations, and the public opinion turning on Bohl, I'm sure Seidel is beginning to spend some time thinking about things...
Seidel is a black hole scientist. He doesn’t give a tinker’s damn about athletics. He is up to his crack in alligators on main campus and has no clue how to navigate the D1 athletics maze and has no desire to learn. Burman is at zero risk with Fast Eddie at the helm.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 50 times

LawPoke wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:44 pm
Wyovanian wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:23 pm

Seidel is a black hole scientist. He doesn’t give a tinker’s damn about athletics. He is up to his crack in alligators on main campus and has no clue how to navigate the D1 athletics maze and has no desire to learn. Burman is at zero risk with Fast Eddie at the helm.
I thought maybe you'd have the UW bashing out of your system by now. We all know there are plenty of things on campus that could be improved, but WOW...
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

flyfishwyo wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:53 pm
LawPoke wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:44 pm

I thought maybe you'd have the UW bashing out of your system by now. We all know there are plenty of things on campus that could be improved, but WOW...
I haven’t even scratched the surface. However, it is clear that truth is not accepted or wanted. Thus, I will refrain. Back to glitter, rainbows, unicorns, ostriches and UW press releases. All is great.