That broadcast and bowl were a joke

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

An FCS playoff game would actually have been serious. That was a ridiculous sham of a game broadcast and game. Felt like XFL. Embarrassing.

We should never agree to play in that game again. We look like chumps.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:32 pm An FCS playoff game would actually have been serious. That was a ridiculous sham of a game broadcast and game. Felt like XFL. Embarrassing.

Agreed, it gave me a headache
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Okay grandma, thought it was an awesome way to make a lower tier bowl entertaining. I am all for it and at least they could point out how stupid the play calling is.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:34 pm
LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:32 pm An FCS playoff game would actually have been serious. That was a ridiculous sham of a game broadcast and game. Felt like XFL. Embarrassing.

Agreed, it gave me a headache
It was so unserious it was insulting.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

It was designed to be that way. That’s what Barstool does. This shouldn’t have been a surprise to anyone.

I took it for what it was an enjoyed the hell out it personally.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

What exactly is Barstool and who is the audience they appeal to? From what I could tell it was aimed for the dumb downed of which that room is overflowing with people across the country
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

marcuswyo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:35 pm Okay grandma, thought it was an awesome way to make a lower tier bowl entertaining. I am all for it and at least they could point out how stupid the play calling is.
Awesome? Entertaining? For the 19 people that watched it, it was ridiculous. But whatever.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:38 pm What exactly is Barstool and who is the audience they appeal to? From what I could tell it was aimed for the dumb downed of which that room is overflowing with people across the country
Won’t lead to one more WyO recruit. Won’t lead to one more WYO donor. The ten people that watched it just laughed for 3 hours. They don’t see WY any different than they did before the game. If anything, the hick Cowboy image is now further emblazoned. It hurt us.

Oh, and our offense of an even bigger joke.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:38 pm What exactly is Barstool and who is the audience they appeal to? From what I could tell it was aimed for the dumb downed of which that room is overflowing with people across the country
Frat guy shock jock sports guys with money and gambling/coke habits. The Jordan Belforts of the sports world.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand

Subcanis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:44 pm
Frat guy shock jock sports guys with money and gambling/coke habits. The Jordan Belforts of the sports world.
Okay so a platform for adults who still want to be beer chugging children and who refuse to grow up. Makes sense.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:43 pm
Won’t lead to one more WyO recruit. Won’t lead to one more WYO donor. The ten people that watched it just laughed for 3 hours. They don’t see WY any different than they did before the game. If anything, the hick Cowboy image is now further emblazoned. It hurt us.

Won’t lead to any less either.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Subcanis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:46 pm
LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:43 pm

Ok. So we waste money to gain nothing. Standard UW.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:46 pm
Subcanis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:44 pm

Okay so a platform for adults who still want to be beer chugging children and who refuse to grow up. Makes sense.
Pretty much.

Like I said, anyone who was surprised by anything today clearly didn’t do any research on Barstool or the owner, Portnoy. I could never be a regular customer but in small doses I do find the lack of f-word given to be kinda entertaining, even refreshing.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:48 pm
Subcanis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:46 pm

Ok. So we waste money to gain nothing. Standard UW.
Status quo.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Subcanis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:49 pm
PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:46 pm

Pretty much.

Like I said, anyone who was surprised by anything today clearly didn’t do any research on Barstool or the owner, Portnoy. I could never be a regular customer but in small doses I do find the lack of f##k[#] given to be kinda entertaining, even refreshing.
Curt Gowdy is rolling in his grave.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:50 pm
Subcanis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:49 pm

Pretty much.

Like I said, anyone who was surprised by anything today clearly didn’t do any research on Barstool or the owner, Portnoy. I could never be a regular customer but in small doses I do find the lack of f##k[#] given to be kinda entertaining, even refreshing.
I don’t disagree. Same could be said for any SEC broadcast with Gary Danielson too though.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

Subcanis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:53 pm
LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:50 pm

I don’t disagree. Same could be said for any SEC broadcast with Gary Danielson too though.
Now that we can agree on. In the 30 minutes since the game ended, the drunk or really juvenile Barstool crowd has evaporated. What is left is the loyal WY fan base that is mostly disgusted and embarrassed by what we were made to watch/look like. By January 2, WYO and Ohio will be the two teams that played in the joke bowl. Nothing more. Nothing less to the 20 something’s and drink 50 something’s that watched. They will talk more about the fat guy running for the tee than WYoming or Ohio.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Once every five years is enough
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:00 pm Once every five years is enough
Or less. So long as Barstool is broadcasting, I don’t need to watch another game.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

LawPoke wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:59 pm
Subcanis wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:53 pm

Now that we can agree on. In the 30 minutes since the game ended, the drunk or really juvenile Barstool crowd has evaporated. What is left is the loyal WY fan base that is mostly disgusted and embarrassed by what we were made to watch/look like. By January 2, WYO and Ohio will be the two teams that played in the joke bowl. Nothing more. Nothing less to the 20 something’s and drink 50 something’s that watched. They will talk more about the fat guy running for the tee than WYoming or Ohio.
Honestly, I’d rather them talk about that vs the 11 yards of offense we racked up in the first 28 minutes of the second half.