St Mary's Over Under???

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I'm thinkin a 15 point dog and O/U over at 115, with it being over with the Gaels doing most of the scoring and we struggle still

St Mary's 79 UW 62

Hope things right themselves and take an awesome win into MWC play
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I’m nervous because this game will be on ESPN. I hope we are competitive. They lost to CSU and New Mexico but beat San Diego State.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

The Gaels are scary good, they hit their shots when needed too
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I'll be stunned if we win, but strange things happen. I wonder who is going to play and I wonder if Linder has bothered to install an offense yet??
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:03 pm I'll be stunned if we win, but strange things happen. I wonder who is going to play and I wonder if Linder has bothered to install an offense yet??
Is it your contention that dribbling around until the shot clock is about to expire and chucking up a three-pointer isn't the designed offense?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:48 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:03 pm I'll be stunned if we win, but strange things happen. I wonder who is going to play and I wonder if Linder has bothered to install an offense yet??
Is it your contention that dribbling around until the shot clock is about to expire and chucking up a three-pointer isn't the designed offense?
I couldn’t even tell you what our offense is lol. I never thought I would say such about a Linder team. It’s like Allen Edwards is inhabiting his body.

From here on out the offense should be give the ball to Reynolds and gtf out of the way.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:39 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:48 pm

I couldn’t even tell you what our offense is lol. I never thought I would say such about a Linder team. It’s like Allen Edwards is inhabiting his body.

From here on out the offense should be give the ball to Reynolds and gtf out of the way.
The only ‘offense’ that seems to be working with this team is to clear the lane to let Reynolds get to the basket.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:07 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:39 pm

The only ‘offense’ that seems to be working with this team is to clear the lane to let Reynolds get to the basket.
aka the Brandon Ewing offense
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Just can’t put a full game together. Every game is almost identical. Play poop first half, battle back to within 3, fall apart and lose by 13.
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

We are a bad team. This is a huge letdown of a season. I don’t know what our identity or our rotation is. Finishing last in the MWC is a possibility.
Vancopoke
Buckaroo
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Way too much 1-on-1 and no one wants to mix it up inside for rebounds.

Never thought I would say it but Maldo is painful to watch when isolating. Will be a miracle if we finish at .500.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

It kills me to say this, but it appears last year was a fluke. This just isn’t a good team. A lot of regression both individually and as a team.
WyomingAgJ
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Vancopoke wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:18 pm Way too much 1-on-1 and no one wants to mix it up inside for rebounds.

Never thought I would say it but Maldo is painful to watch when isolating. Will be a miracle if we finish at .500.
Finishing .500 would be a huge miracle in my opinion at this point. I think the only way we get close to that is if Ike returns and doesn't have too long of a re-aclimation period of getting back his stamina as well as his confidence in his legs that they won't get reinjured, and also the team refiguring out all their new rotations with him in.

If Ike doesn't make it back this year I think we may be lucky to get 4 conference wins and will be flirting with Allen Edwards win totals
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

I was at the game tonight. We can not rebound. So frustrating.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

phxpoke wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:44 pm I was at the game tonight. We can not rebound. So frustrating.
Me and my son as well! You probably saw us... he made about a half dozen appearances on the jumbotron lol.

The defensive rotations and slow reactions to the pick and roll was hard to watch. Was a head scratcher to see Thompson out there at times. Especially since it seems he refuses to shoot when he gets a little winded.

Feel like it's Josh Adams' senior year all over again. Only problem is Reynolds is only a sophomore...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

I got over excited about this team in off season....Maldo is not right, no one else wants to be a leader and this coaching staff learned coaching from NCAA EA Sports...no want to do anything in my eyes...if conference is different I'll come back and say so....we just aren't good
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Maldo has to be furious with himself for not moving on after last year.

16 to 5 on the offensive glass.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."