Is something up in Laramie?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

The Hermann kid commits and then de-commits less than 10 days later. Rocky Shields de-commits days before signing day. I know these things happen at other schools...and have this week. I guess we will see after the bowl and around signing day.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Happens every year to many programs. P5 stealing recruits. I don't think it's anything more
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

It is very typical with this generation of athlete / person. The word "commitment" has no meaning any longer.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:10 pm It is very typical with this generation of athlete / person. The word "commitment" has no meaning any longer.
Sadly that attitude will spill over into jobs and marriages later in life for them. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:54 pm
McPeachy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:10 pm It is very typical with this generation of athlete / person. The word "commitment" has no meaning any longer.
Sadly that attitude will spill over into jobs and marriages later in life for them. :roll:
And even worse, how they treat other people in general...
Dear Karma,

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:36 pm

Nor do they care, until the final party is over or last friend or family member communicates with them. It's all about the here and now, unfortunately
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

The 'TikTok,' 'Influencer,' and social media generation. The focus is all on themselves and rarely the greater good.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:45 pm

The 'TikTok,' 'Influencer,' and social media generation. The focus is all on themselves and rarely the greater good.
Thus the beginnings of the "Karens" of the world. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 123 times
Been liked: 50 times

I'll be the first to admit that I don't love everything about the traits I see in this generation. That being said, job loyalty isn't necissarily a positive trait. I work in the "career advisor" business and my view of the Millennial/Z crowd is that they're just more open and honest about what they expect from their employer. Companies, on average, demonstrate way lower levels of loyalty to their employees than visa-versa. I see that every day. These guys are just more willing to leave if they don't get what they expect or were promised. I'm talking about the average employee, of course. There are pain-in-the-ass snowflakes in every age group, but I don't see more in the younger group than any other.

Also, I don't know if you've looked at divorce rates by generation lately, but Boomers are the group that tend to bail on marriages. Every generation since has had a lower divorce rate.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

flyfishwyo wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:58 pm

I

Also, I don't know if you've looked at divorce rates by generation lately, but Boomers are the group that tend to bail on marriages. Every generation since has had a lower divorce rate.
Young generations just don't bother getting married at all. They can't be bothered with a spouse or family because otherwise there wouldn't be enough time left over for me me me me me me me!
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:09 pm
flyfishwyo wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:58 pm

Young generations just don't bother getting married at all. They can't be bothered with a spouse or family because otherwise there wouldn't be enough time left over for me me me me me me me!
Hey, if they're not going to be good spouses or parents I'd prefer they didn't get married. Waiting to gain a little maturity sounds like a great plan.

Your comments make you sound like a Boomer. Don't get me started. No generation in the history of our country has received more and contributed less. Hell, most of the problems we see in college football today are caused by poor decision making from universty presidents, conference commissioners, ADs, and bowl game chairmen. Those people aren't Millennials or Gen Z.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

flyfishwyo wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:26 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:09 pm
Hey, if they're not going to be good spouses or parents I'd prefer they didn't get married. Waiting to gain a little maturity sounds like a great plan.

Your comments make you sound like a Boomer. Don't get me started. No generation in the history of our country has received more and contributed less. Hell, most of the problems we see in college football today are caused by poor decision making from universty presidents, conference commissioners, ADs, and bowl game chairmen. Those people aren't Millennials or Gen Z.
I'm a millennial.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Bohl just had a few freshman on the 2nd and 3rd team freshman all American team. I guarantee bigger programs are watching who he recruits and paying a little more attention to the recruits he offers.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

Harrison Waylee RB from Northern Illinois transfers to UW.
5'10" 195 lb ran for 899 yards and 5 TDS this year.

And, I’m a boomer.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

I'm generation X. Born right in the middle of the whole Watergate mess...NOT literally BTW.

Just realized my dumb-assed error. Thanks for not saying anything, guys. LOL

Meant Watergate when I first posted this but ended up typing Whitegate. :oops: :oops:
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:42 pm
flyfishwyo wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:26 pm

I'm a millennial.
Of this, I can confirm. So am I, and not only can Lander confirm it, but the people I've met in real life too.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand

fromolwyoming wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:26 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:42 pm
I'm a millennial.
Of this, I can confirm. So am I, and not only can Lander confirm it, but the people I've met in real life too.
Me, too. I guess I just got a little fired up about the Boomers complaining about the younger generations. I've had a couple of projects fall through lately because senior managers (Boomers) didn't keep their word. I'll scale it back...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

flyfishwyo wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:35 pm
fromolwyoming wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:26 pm

Me, too. I guess I just got a little fired up about the Boomers complaining about the younger generations. I've had a couple of projects fall through lately because senior managers (Boomers) didn't keep their word. I'll scale it back...
I automatically assume everyone here is a boomer. Ha ha
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:42 pm
flyfishwyo wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:35 pm

I automatically assume everyone here is a boomer. Ha ha
And to think you're a year older than I am. :rofl:
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

TO answer the OG question - no, something is down in Laramie. The temp. That is all.
Dear Karma,