Is Bohl Still Our Head Coach?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Jaylen Pate describes the Wyoming football program as a sinking ship.

McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Jaylen who? LMAO. He ended his illustrious career at Northwestern...ending up with 10 tackles in 8 games played, on a team that finished 1 & 11. He can kiss my ass.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:21 pm Jaylen who? LMAO. He ended his illustrious career at Northwestern...ending up with 10 tackles in 8 games played, on a team that finished 1 & 11. He can kiss my A$$.
This
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

djm19 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:45 pm
McPeachy wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:21 pm Jaylen who? LMAO. He ended his illustrious career at Northwestern...ending up with 10 tackles in 8 games played, on a team that finished 1 & 11. He can kiss my A$$.
This
Yea - I don't care for his tweet (what's he trying to accomplish) and he clearly didn't set the Big 10 football world on fire. But if he ends up with a degree from Northwestern then that is something that will likely be useful and to be proud of.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

Yep, irrelevant to me.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Funny that jcintherock hasn’t posted on here in over four years. Guess he got run off when he dunked on Josh Allen. The only time I see a twit is when it gets shared on here, I’m not on any social media.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:53 pm
djm19 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:45 pm

This
Yea - I don't care for his tweet (what's he trying to accomplish) and he clearly didn't set the Big 10 football world on fire. But if he ends up with a degree from Northwestern then that is something that will likely be useful and to be proud of.
He has a Wyoming degree.
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Deion is the perfect coach for this era but the worst to lead young men. If you’re a part of me generation where flash is above substance, you’ll love him. I’m not sure he’ll have what it takes to win a lot at that level. Saban takes extremely talented and most likely egotistical players and makes them work hard, instills values it takes to be successful. I don’t know if Deion is that dude. They could be decently successful on pure talent alone. Boulder won’t have the money or support. I already have bet with coworker. I bet under 5 for first year and under 8 second year. Will be a show.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:12 pm Jaylen Pate describes the Wyoming football program as a sinking ship.

Won more games than when Pate was on our team. What a wiener
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:09 am Deion is the perfect coach for this era but the worst to lead young men. If you’re a part of me generation where flash is above substance, you’ll love him. I’m not sure he’ll have what it takes to win a lot at that level. Saban takes extremely talented and most likely egotistical players and makes them work hard, instills values it takes to be successful. I don’t know if Deion is that dude. They could be decently successful on pure talent alone. Boulder won’t have the money or support. I already have bet with coworker. I bet under 5 for first year and under 8 second year. Will be a show.
Watched some of his JSU games, and video of a team meeting he had before the Southern game. His team played very disciplined, and every player was dead silent, locked in, when he spoke.

BITD I used think if him as all flash and trash, but the reality is he had to work extremely hard to have a professional career in football and baseball simultaneously.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Lost Poke wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:52 am
laxwyo wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 5:09 am Deion is the perfect coach for this era but the worst to lead young men. If you’re a part of me generation where flash is above substance, you’ll love him. I’m not sure he’ll have what it takes to win a lot at that level. Saban takes extremely talented and most likely egotistical players and makes them work hard, instills values it takes to be successful. I don’t know if Deion is that dude. They could be decently successful on pure talent alone. Boulder won’t have the money or support. I already have bet with coworker. I bet under 5 for first year and under 8 second year. Will be a show.
Watched some of his JSU games, and video of a team meeting he had before the Southern game. His team played very disciplined, and every player was dead silent, locked in, when he spoke.

BITD I used think if him as all flash and trash, but the reality is he had to work extremely hard to have a professional career in football and baseball simultaneously.
Sanders talks a lot, but he doesn't talk what he doesn't walk.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

Even more to the point, I wish Wyoming was announcing his hire as our new head coach. If you watched his introductory speech to the CU players or his speech to the JSU players when he told them he was taking the CU job you will hear a message focused on discipline, teamwork and accountability. Candidly, I could hear a lot of Craig Bohl's philosophy in what Sanders said. Prime is just a better communicator than Bohl when speaking to 18 to 23 year olds.

Unfortunately Wyoming simply cannot afford to high someone as high profile as Prime.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

doreno5 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:55 pm Even more to the point, I wish Wyoming was announcing his hire as our new head coach. If you watched his introductory speech to the CU players or his speech to the JSU players when he told them he was taking the CU job you will hear a message focused on discipline, teamwork and accountability. Candidly, I could hear a lot of Craig Bohl's philosophy in what Sanders said. Prime is just a better communicator than Bohl when speaking to 18 to 23 year olds.

Unfortunately Wyoming simply cannot afford to high someone as high profile as Prime.
True that. I am actually a bit surprised that CU was the answer for him. I thought he had a real shot at some of the bigger-time SEC or ACC jobs. But all he needs is two seasons of success at CU before someone like Clemson comes calling.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

doreno5 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:55 pm

Even more to the point, I wish Wyoming was announcing his hire as our new head coach. If you watched his introductory speech to the CU players or his speech to the JSU players when he told them he was taking the CU job you will hear a message focused on discipline, teamwork and accountability. Candidly, I could hear a lot of Craig Bohl's philosophy in what Sanders said. Prime is just a better communicator than Bohl when speaking to 18 to 23 year olds.

Doesn't mean we can't hire someone as talented.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Maybe they need to look into this scheme

https://notthebee.com/article/a-califor ... s-all-year
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Prime beats a bunch of nobodies with some 4 and 5 star D1 talent and everyone sucks his dick. Amazing. We’ll see how he coaches when they’ve dropped 4 straight.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

ZapPoke wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:52 am Maybe they need to look into this scheme

https://notthebee.com/article/a-califor ... s-all-year
Sounds not just a little like LHS Football under Deti Sr.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:46 am That's because there's nothing to say. Do you REALLY think they're going to can Bohl after this season? REALLY? I'm as frustrated as any Cowboys fan with the string of mediocrity, but it's a hell of a lot better than the years of sub-.500 football since Dimel left.
Bohl’s going into year 10 52-55 overall and 32-38 in conference.

For him to be .500 in his TENTH year he needs to win this bowl game and go 7-5 next year. To be .500 in conference he needs to go 7-1.

He has zero conference championships.

It is sub .500 football.
52-56
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:58 pm Prime beats a bunch of nobodies with some 4 and 5 star D1 talent and everyone sucks his dick. Amazing. We’ll see how he coaches when they’ve dropped 4 straight.
In other words if he was at Wyoming with the players he can recruit, Wyoming might go undefeated.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Sanders will do fine at CU. Fans in general aren't even expecting more than 5-7 wins year one... after that, opinions seem to split, though.

Their main issue is that he'll likely only last two years before he gets picked up by a program with much deeper pockets.

CU's getting crazy talent already. TCU has had an amazing season after hitting the portal hard... while I don't think Buffs will have quite the same results, they should still be decent.