Texan Visiting for the Game Saturday

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
SuperPhly
Buckaroo

Hey folks, I've been a Wyoming Cowboy fan since my Texas Longhorns played Wyoming back in 2009. I have a close friend who lives in Cheyenne, who I am visiting for a week, but the unfortunate part is he's not a football fan so trying to convince him to face the cold weather for 4-5 hours at a tailgate + game is a bit too much.

My question is, would anyone in Cheyenne be willing to sorta adopt me for the game and show me around? I'm 41 years old, love football at all levels, am respectful and courteous. I grew up on the King Ranch in South Texas... anyway, I'd love to experience a game day up here in the bitter cold (which is why I came in for the last home game of the year).

-Cody

PS. I don't have a ticket yet for the game, but figured I could get one outside the stadium or online I suppose.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 626 times
Been liked: 260 times

Going to be cold as crap. Bring lots of warm clothes
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Bundle up, enjoy the Indoor Practice Facility, the band and take it all in and hopefully the Pokes show up!!!
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 12 times

Hope you end up going to the game. Enjoy your visit. Go Pokes!
pcwyo
Buckaroo

Hey, Cody. 2 or 3 of us headed over from Cheyenne tomorrow and you're welcome to ride with us. Sorry to say we won't be going early enough to do much tailgating though. We're old and getting too soft to be out in the cold more than necessary! But we'd love to have you join us if you haven't made other plans. Not sure you'll find anyone outside the stadium selling tickets but you can get them at ticket window or online. There will probably be room to sit with us. We'd be getting there maybe 30-45 minutes before game time.
SuperPhly
Buckaroo

@pcywo - I sent you a DM - please text me!
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

I was planning on going to this game. Unfortunately I have some respiratory bug and figure its probably not wise to infect half the stadium with it when I can watch it on TV.

Hope you get to enjoy it. Its -2F right now and should be up to about 25F (not considering wind chill). Dress warm. Wind chill should be right at 10F at kickoff and down to about 0F at the end of the game.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 12 times

Outlaw Arthur Morgan wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:13 am I was planning on going to this game. Unfortunately I have some respiratory bug and figure its probably not wise to infect half the stadium with it when I can watch it on TV.

Hope you get to enjoy it. Its -2F right now and should be up to about 25F (not considering wind chill). Dress warm. Wind chill should be right at 10F at kickoff and down to about 0F at the end of the game.
Hope you feel better. Go Pokes!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 252 times

Let me know if you need a ticket. We have 2 extras tickets in a good spot (first row, second level on the east side) that we are willing to give away to Wyoming fans because we will be sitting in a different spot for this game.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 138 times

SuperPhly wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:20 pm Hey folks, I've been a Wyoming Cowboy fan since my Texas Longhorns played Wyoming back in 2009. I have a close friend who lives in Cheyenne, who I am visiting for a week, but the unfortunate part is he's not a football fan so trying to convince him to face the cold weather for 4-5 hours at a tailgate + game is a bit too much.

My question is, would anyone in Cheyenne be willing to sorta adopt me for the game and show me around? I'm 41 years old, love football at all levels, am respectful and courteous. I grew up on the King Ranch in South Texas... anyway, I'd love to experience a game day up here in the bitter cold (which is why I came in for the last home game of the year).

-Cody

PS. I don't have a ticket yet for the game, but figured I could get one outside the stadium or online I suppose.
Looks some have offered you a ticket. If you didn’t get one yet, you can get one off Seat Geek. I got 2 this morning for $9 ea (with additional fees).

Go Pokes!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

Hope it was all u expected and hope u had fun....trials and tribulations of being a Pokes fan