Graham Ike to miss 6-8 weeks with a lower leg injury.

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:16 pm
doreno5 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:48 pm

Looking at his twitter feed Ike lives and breathes basketball. His value in the NIL market is probably not as great as it would have been had he been able to play this year. I have hopes he will stay with Wyoming out of loyalty to Linder who was basically the only one who wanted him out of high school after he was injured. I have no contact with people who know him so do not know what kind of person he is.. His teammates certainly seem to love him so I suspect he is good guy as well as good player.
If Ike chases the $$ at a place like Arizona, Kentucky, Kansas, Ohio State, etc. he will just be another cog in the machine vs staying here he will be beloved and if he finishes his career here he will probably be in the UW hall of fame and be a legend forever. I know it's tough to turn down money, but sometimes money isn't absolutely everything.
Even though I agree with everybody else that suspects that Graham will never play another game for Wyoming...He doesn't give off the "jump ship" vibe. I still won't be surprised when he announces his transfer but something about the situation makes me think he wants to play for Linder.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

And what's more important: Being player-of-the-year in the MWC or just another sub at Purdue?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

307bball wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:09 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:16 pm If Ike chases the $$ at a place like Arizona, Kentucky, Kansas, Ohio State, etc. he will just be another cog in the machine vs staying here he will be beloved and if he finishes his career here he will probably be in the UW hall of fame and be a legend forever. I know it's tough to turn down money, but sometimes money isn't absolutely everything.
Even though I agree with everybody else that suspects that Graham will never play another game for Wyoming...He doesn't give off the "jump ship" vibe. I still won't be surprised when he announces his transfer but something about the situation makes me think he wants to play for Linder.
I’m really not too sure what to think. I just want Ike to be in the brown and gold next year
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Man, this season sucks. I really wanted the legend of Graham Ike to grow. He'd be my Fennis Dembo. I was a little too young for those Leckner/Dembo teams.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 118 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:37 pm Man, this season sucks. I really wanted the legend of Graham Ike to grow. He'd be my Fennis Dembo. I was a little too young for those Leckner/Dembo teams.
It was a special time. Dembo will always be the stuff of UW lore.

I went to games at the AA when they played. I enjoyed the game at the AA last year beating Goat U more to be honest….
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 82 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:37 pm Man, this season sucks. I really wanted the legend of Graham Ike to grow. He'd be my Fennis Dembo. I was a little too young for those Leckner/Dembo teams.
Those were great teams. I still wonder how far they could have gone in the tournament had Bennie Dees not tried to get into a shootout with LMU. Dees was simply not that good of coach and that team had the talent to be in the final four.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Oh the good ole "Dembo" days!!!