And it's a proud moment for these pokes

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
sqor
Buckaroo

Thank you coach Bohl for bringing us this group
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

This team has done nothing but over achieve, mature and impress since the Illinois game. As has been repeatedly said if we can stay intact and the transfer portal doesn't burn us this group could do very very well next year. They have far exceeded my expectations and I don't believe they are done yet. This Hawaii game was a snake in the grass type of game and we survived and ran the ball super well. I look forward to seeing them spank CSU and take it to Boise at the War. This season itself still has a very real possibility of being very special. Color me excited and full of Kool aid.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

There were plenty of skeptics that basically said it'd be a miracle to win 6 games. I think Bohl is the coach of the year right now for the MW. I know people say its a down year but who exactly have we played that's down? Utah St? Joser is better than normal. Air Force is Air Force. New Mexico is New Mexico and they usually beat us. Hawaii isnt good but that hasn't stopped them from beating us. Fresno is looking dangerous coming back last night. Boise has their poop together. CSU is down....way down. So i wouldn't really use the excuse that we won 6 games so far because the MW is down. These kids and coaching staff deserve all the credit.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

Great win. Go Pokes! I was close on the final score, I said 27-17 in another thread.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

This is a fun team to root for!
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

laxwyo wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:44 am There were plenty of skeptics that basically said it'd be a miracle to win 6 games. I think Bohl is the coach of the year right now for the MW. I know people say its a down year but who exactly have we played that's down? Utah St? Joser is better than normal. Air Force is Air Force. New Mexico is New Mexico and they usually beat us. Hawaii isnt good but that hasn't stopped them from beating us. Fresno is looking dangerous coming back last night. Boise has their Sh#t together. CSU is down....way down. So i wouldn't really use the excuse that we won 6 games so far because the MW is down. These kids and coaching staff deserve all the credit.
Errr... this may be the worst Mountain West Conference in its history.

That being said, last year's team would be 4-5 right now.

This year they know who they are, they don't beat themselves, they believe in their coaching - and most importantly - they believe in each other.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

This team believes and has far exceeded any expectations. After the Illinois game I figured 3-4 wins and called it on this board. Gladly eating crow. Sure I've got the brown and gold glasses on, but 9 wins isn't out of the realm of possibility. As someone mentioned, Bohl easily could and probably should be CotY.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

laxwyo wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:44 am There were plenty of skeptics that basically said it'd be a miracle to win 6 games. I think Bohl is the coach of the year right now for the MW. I know people say its a down year but who exactly have we played that's down? Utah St? Joser is better than normal. Air Force is Air Force. New Mexico is New Mexico and they usually beat us. Hawaii isnt good but that hasn't stopped them from beating us. Fresno is looking dangerous coming back last night. Boise has their Sh#t together. CSU is down....way down. So i wouldn't really use the excuse that we won 6 games so far because the MW is down. These kids and coaching staff deserve all the credit.
Bohl deserves it and would win if it was given out today.

We were basically in the exact same spot as Nevada and Hawaii coming into this season: losing more production than any other team in the FBS. Yes they both had new coaches and we didn't, but they are both dumpster fires and we are in position to win our division in November. All the kudos to Bohl.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

I was one of the skeptics. I was wrong, as usual. I don't care how down the conference is. The transfer rules are changing the game for everyone. Bohl has done a great job this year. I though this team might win 3 games. The last 2 are going to be very tough. But we should just hammer csewe. We get a week off and they are at San Jose next week. I would encourage everyone to come down to Fort Collins and make it a home game for us. We get up on them early and their "fans" will be scrambling for the exits.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Has anybody noticed the difference between this team and all of Bohl's others while at Wyoming?
Peasley.
He was not drafted by Bohl and appears not to be the type of QB Bohl recruits. I think if Levi was the QB the Pokes would be like their preseason predictions.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I also thought this would be a terrible year given the portal losses and the relative age of the team. This team, as other have said, has outperformed expectations. It’s fun to watch. The line on both sides of the ball has been impressive.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

To me this has been the most satisfying season since we went to the MWCCG back in 2016. They can truly be a scary team in the next few years ahead if they can keep this squad together while continuing to add more quality football players. This might be Bohl's best coaching job to date, and, I hope we can end this talk about firing Bohl or hoping he'll turn in his whistle anytime soon. Sure, they have underachieved at times over his 9 years, however, Craig Bohl has been a boon to Wyoming football since he's been here and I think a lot of fans need to think about how fortunate we were to lure him away from NDSU. Here's hoping Craig Bohl is here for another 9 seasons after this one. And...Go Pokes!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Bohl has done a great job and this team is fun to watch. I thought the record could be good if the offense was productive. I did think the passing game would need to be a little more productive than it is but the line and rbs are doing really well.

The MWC is also really bad and that is helping. The teams we beat have a combined record of 15-26 and AF is the only team with a winning record at 5-3. The rest are 3-5, 2-6, 3-5, and 2-7. I know it is an unpopular opinion but opponent strength impacts record; that's just reality. That is not taking anything away from this POKES squad; they are doing great. I hope we keep these guys together. If Peasley can get a little more consistent and up his completion percentage, this will be a pretty solid offense.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:01 am Bohl has done a great job and this team is fun to watch. I thought the record could be good if the offense was productive. I did think the passing game would need to be a little more productive than it is but the line and rbs are doing really well.

The MWC is also really bad and that is helping. The teams we beat have a combined record of 15-26 and AF is the only team with a winning record at 5-3. The rest are 3-5, 2-6, 3-5, and 2-7. I know it is an unpopular opinion but opponent strength impacts record; that's just reality. That is not taking anything away from this POKES squad; they are doing great. I hope we keep these guys together. If Peasley can get a little more consistent and up his completion percentage, this will be a pretty solid offense.
I don't think it's opinion that opponent strength impacts record...That is just a fact. Wyoming fans by and large want wins...if we play a cupcake schedule and get wins...great...if we play a good schedule and get wins...great. Now there is a small subset of fans that is always trying to put wins and losses into the context of how strong the schedule is but most fans don't care. If we are competing with the top of the MWC...regardless of how good that top is...that is the goal and really the only thing that a coach has any control over. Bohl is doing that this year .... I'll concede that the MWC is not good but did anybody think that Wyoming was going to do badly because the MWC was going to be a power house?...I sure didn't ... I thought they would do badly because the portal sucked a lot of talent away and CB would not be able to stabilize the defense.

I thought this team had, at most, 5 wins in them. Now if they take care of business, they should end up with 7 at the least (got to beat the rams), and maybe more! It's crazy to think but at the beginning of the season I was thinking 6 wins would be a great accomplishment and now I would be a bit disappointed with 6.

*edit. After re-reading your comment, you do call it reality that SOS affects wins and losses...but in fairness to me...you also called it an "unpopular opinion". :D
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:01 am Bohl has done a great job and this team is fun to watch. I thought the record could be good if the offense was productive. I did think the passing game would need to be a little more productive than it is but the line and rbs are doing really well.

For a team that lost it's #1 receiver, 2 qbs, and our number 1 running back, I'm surprised we weren't one of the 2 or 3 win teams. Our depth at running back just amazes me.
I don't think anyone has any illusions about how hard it will be to get beyond 7 wins. But it's been a lot of fun since the Illinois game. As long as we crush the sheep, I'll be very happy no matter what happens after that.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 12 times

I'll own the fact that I was one of the negative nancy's as far as this season, and even moreso questioning Bohl's philosophy. Is it the glitz that we see with Josh and the Bills...hell no! I honestly believe that we should be able to compete in this conference (whatever that may look like in the future). We have been able to produce legit NFL talent in Laramie and when the stars align, we should be able to produce a team that can win this conference on a reasonably realistic timeframe.

On the negative side, I've had this belief since Bohl arrived. With this year's team, I am hopeful that we are on a upward trajectory again.....
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I think my point is we've traditionally lost to the bottom dwellers of the conference so our conference mates records are largely irrelevant.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:00 am

I think my point is we've traditionally lost to the bottom dwellers of the conference so our conference mates records are largely irrelevant.
I don't disagree necessarily, but I think most years, even with this squad, there would be a greater chance of dropping a game or two against the bottom end. This year the MWC is so unbelievably bad that it helped set the stage for a decent run (AF withstanding-- good win).

In other words, we caught Tulsa, usu, UNM, and HI all really down in the same year. All of those having a really bad year at the same time is unusual.

That said, the POKES are young and showed more improvement than most teams. Definitely a great job by players and coaches but the weird year in the MWC worked out perfectly for us.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.