Wyo. 11.5 point favorite at Hawaii

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

This took me by surprise. It's not their team that worries me. It's the jet lag and all the distractions that make playing at Hawaii difficult. The total is 50.5. That's a big number for 2 teams that don't score a lot.
Hopefully, the guys can stick to business and get this one. It would be great to go into the border war looking for win number 7.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

Yes - that does seem like a generous line and we ALWAYS struggle on the islands. But I do think we finally found some offensive rhythm and a much better rotation of running backs (Swen and DQ James). The weakness is still the secondary but I’m not sure that Hawaii has the ability to exploit it.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Wow . Huge spread
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:29 pm This took me by surprise. It's not their team that worries me. It's the jet lag and all the distractions that make playing at Hawaii difficult. The total is 50.5. That's a big number for 2 teams that don't score a lot.
Hopefully, the guys can stick to business and get this one. It would be great to go into the border war looking for win number 7.
This year's team, with exceptions of the San Jose and Illinois games, has shown the ability to play up or down to the level of the competition. Hopefully they found some consistency in the running game which will carry them through the rest of season. I worry about Wyoming being favored by that many points , in the past those are the game where Wyoming lays an egg.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

Hawaii is awful this year. That said, WYO will likely play down to their level, and run to get off the island, with a 2 point win.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:29 pm It's the jet lag and all the distractions that make playing at Hawaii difficult.
Long ago didn't one Poke coach take the team to Hawaii on game day and then after the game let them enjoy the islands for a couple of nights, avoiding the pregame distractions?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:00 am
bladerunnr wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:29 pm It's the jet lag and all the distractions that make playing at Hawaii difficult.
Long ago didn't one Poke coach take the team to Hawaii on game day and then after the game let them enjoy the islands for a couple of nights, avoiding the pregame distractions?
That might have been Joe Tiller. Could be wrong though.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
doreno5
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:12 am
Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:00 am
That might have been Joe Tiller. Could be wrong though.
Smart move whoever it was but I think you would need at least the day before to get used to the time differential. Staying a few days works well if you are heading into a bye or its the last game of the season.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:29 pm This took me by surprise. It's not their team that worries me. It's the jet lag and all the distractions that make playing at Hawaii difficult. The total is 50.5. That's a big number for 2 teams that don't score a lot.
Bet the ranch on the under ...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 299 times
Been liked: 127 times

Any chance we can get the game on TV?
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

DraftKings has the point spread down to 10.5 and the over/under at 49. I still like both
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Wow...we rarely go to the 808 and win big, 11.5 shocks me and I truly hope the Bows suck that bad, Cmon Pokes get er done, not go on vakay....
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Road game isn’t all that great for us. I called the usu game last year and have only missed on joser game so far. I think we’ll score 5 touchdowns. 38-17 , cover and over. I think the team plays confidently and rushes the ball. Peasely hits 2 passing TDs.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

laxwyo wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:48 am Road game isn’t all that great for us. I called the usu game last year and have only missed on joser game so far. I think we’ll score 5 touchdowns. 38-17 , cover and over. I think the team plays confidently and rushes the ball. Peasely hits 2 passing TDs.
I think you may be right. Hawaii sucks with a capital S. There are four really, really, really bad teams in the MWC. Hawaii, Nevada, sheep, and New Mexico.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

How many spread bets has Wyoming been beat on this year?
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

marcuswyo wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:07 pm How many spread bets has Wyoming been beat on this year?
Illinois - 10 pt dogs and lost by 32 and San Jose state - 3 pt favorites and lose outright

UNC was a tie

So we've been very good against the spread.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Thanks, and those are the two best teams we played (Illinois is ranked and SJSU will win the other division). I predicted this as a good year due to a down conference and due to the production increases at DE and QB. I really hope we can pull out a championship this year. The window is open.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

The fact that this game isn't on television anywhere is a travesty. If Hawaii is going to be in the MWC (which I don't feel they belong) can they at least make the damn games available on TV? There is NO WAY I can sit home on Saturday night listening to you know who on the radio from 3300 miles away and retain my sanity.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

So I go to find out where the Hawaii football game stream is at, I find it, I bookmark it and then I turn it on. Who is on that radio station right now talking about the Pokes? REECE MONACO! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
doreno5
Ranch Hand

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:38 pm So I go to find out where the Hawaii football game stream is at, I find it, I bookmark it and then I turn it on. Who is on that radio station right now talking about the Pokes? REECE MONACO! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
The wyogo site has a link