DQ and Peasley......

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

DQ needs more touches, they finally used him yesterday, but this guy can really give this offense more creativity and options. Peasley is doing his job by managing the offense. he is not great but serviceable. He has 1 or 2 throws a game across the middle that are potential disaster. If they would have gotten that interception late 3rd, it would have been a pick six and changed the game. I think rest of the season will come down to Peasley and is ability to move the chains on 3rd down. I hope the pokes do not have a slip up in the next 2 weeks before Boise. I want that game to be big.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:13 pm DQ needs more touches, they finally used him yesterday, but this guy can really give this offense more creativity and options. Peasley is doing his job by managing the offense. he is not great but serviceable. He has 1 or 2 throws a game across the middle that are potential disaster. If they would have gotten that interception late 3rd, it would have been a pick six and changed the game. I think rest of the season will come down to Peasley and is ability to move the chains on 3rd down. I hope the pokes do not have a slip up in the next 2 weeks before Boise. I want that game to be big.
Peasley made some good throws but was still only 13/26. Probably had a lot to do with us stalling a bunch of drives. We put up some serious yardage and should have scored a lot more.

Their QB was 17/26 even though i thought he looked terrible. The swen/DQ 1/2 will be great. I see them really putting up stats the next two games.
W-Y, Until I Die!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

laxwyo wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:22 pm
WyoVaquero wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:13 pm DQ needs more touches, they finally used him yesterday, but this guy can really give this offense more creativity and options. Peasley is doing his job by managing the offense. he is not great but serviceable. He has 1 or 2 throws a game across the middle that are potential disaster. If they would have gotten that interception late 3rd, it would have been a pick six and changed the game. I think rest of the season will come down to Peasley and is ability to move the chains on 3rd down. I hope the pokes do not have a slip up in the next 2 weeks before Boise. I want that game to be big.
Peasley made some good throws but was still only 13/26. Probably had a lot to do with us stalling a bunch of drives. We put up some serious yardage and should have scored a lot more.

Their QB was 17/26 even though i thought he looked terrible. The swen/DQ 1/2 will be great. I see them really putting up stats the next two games.
Their qb completed 17 passes for barely 100 yards. Peasley completed 13 passes for 200 yards. There is no doubt Peasley isn't seeing the field like an elite qb. He isn't one. But, there were some drops, as usual. And we do not have any receiver who requires double coverage. That's why we should be running Swen on the wheel route more often. No linebacker can cover him.
Overall, I think Peasley is a big upgrade over last year. No qb will ever have great stats in the Bohl offense. The qb gets to throw (or has to throw) in obvious passing situations, usually 2nd and long or 3d and long.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

DQ is our best offensive weapon and has been. It is amazing it took this long to get him appropriate reps.

I’d like to see use more of Peasley’s legs. He is probably the quickest QB Wyoming has ever had.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

I feel like we are on the brink of having a really good passing attack. Avoiding third and long is key, though. The runs for no gain on first and second are killer
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 83 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:26 pm DQ is our best offensive weapon and has been. It is amazing it took this long to get him appropriate reps.

I’d like to see use more of Peasley’s legs. He is probably the quickest QB Wyoming has ever had.
Phil Davis
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

doreno5 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:50 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:26 pm DQ is our best offensive weapon and has been. It is amazing it took this long to get him appropriate reps.

Phil Davis
Phil was a great option QB, very smart, and could take a hit. But, he wasn't as fast as Peasley is.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

I wonder if we will use DQ in the slot at all. maybe like David Saraf.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 128 times

Agree on both points, And believe DQ should have as many touches as Swen (and this isn’t a knock on Swen) I just believe DQ brings an element he needs a lot more reps.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

It's so nice to see a QB with an arm, cuz we do have guys to go to!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Itsux2beaewe wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:57 pm

Agree on both points, And believe DQ should have as many touches as Swen (and this isn’t a knock on Swen) I just believe DQ brings an element he needs a lot more reps.
DQ needs the ball more, but to say he needs as many touches as swen seems a bit strong. 10-14 from backfield seems about right, but I’d like to see if he can catch. He could do some major damage catching out of backfield. 10-14 rushes, 2-4 targets.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

Have the pokes ever had a Flanker/multipurpose player that we use both as running back and receiver? I cant think of one. We have some good athletes too. Sargent, bougknight, Moore, Loving, Bheezy,.....
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I still think DQ would make a great receiver. Like Tyreke Hill
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:34 pm I still think DQ would make a great receiver. Like Tyreke Hill
In an offense where receivers rarely get 5 touches a game, I like him at RB.

The best NFL comparison I can come up with for DQ is Darren Sproles. They are identical size and both are/were extremely shifty. Note - DQ is listed at 5’7 but I believe he is really 5’6. I’d love to see DQ in the punt return game…that would be exciting!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:14 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:34 pm I still think DQ would make a great receiver. Like Tyreke Hill

The best NFL comparison I can come up with for DQ is Darren Sproles. They are identical size and both are/were extremely shifty. Note - DQ is listed at 5’7 but I believe he is really 5’6. I’d love to see DQ in the punt return game…that would be exciting!
I bet he would get more than 5 touches a game because he could, like, get open.

Anyway, yes. I would love to see DQ return punts. He would make would-be-tacklers look silly.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:03 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:14 pm

Anyway, yes. I would love to see DQ return punts. He would make would-be-tacklers look silly.
Despite being our leading receiver in nearly every game last year, Neyor had only 2 games where he had 5 receptions or more (5 against Kent State, 6 against Boise State).

Do you believe that Neyor struggled with getting open?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Lost Poke wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:30 am DQ kind of reminds me of this guy:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... son-1.html
High Praise!

Here is what Barry Sanders said about Dabby Dawson:

“Dabby is just as fast as I am and just as quick, maybe quicker,” Sanders said between practice sessions this week. “He was just as good a player as I was coming out of high school, and I’m sure he’s just as good now. He just didn’t have the breaks I did.”
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:29 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:03 am

Despite being our leading receiver in nearly every game last year, Neyor had only 2 games where he had 5 receptions or more (5 against Kent State, 6 against Boise State).

Do you believe that Neyor struggled with getting open?
DQ would probably run the short/intermediate routes. And we have Peasley now.

Neyor was open all the time, but we didn’t have any QBs who could hit the broad side of a barn. seems like we just sent Neyor on fly routes 40 yards down field. But you’re probably right Bohl couldn’t figure out how to get DQ the ball. Anyway, Imo if he’s going to have a pro career he better learn to catch the ball while lining up as a receiver
Wyomingisgreat1
Buckaroo
Been liked: 1 time

Don't forget DQ has been hurt this season, so that might be the reason for his limited uses at points.