A pretty decisive victory over BYU lite

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Nice job, men. We should never lose to them. Swen gets the game ball. Was a beast tonight. D played great. Peasley gets sweet revenge. DQ wowed. Awesome night
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

pretty good to see them finally give the ball to DQ. he's legit
W-Y, Until I Die!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

Crazy how little we’ve used DQ until now.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

DQ made defender after defender look silly. He showed a little power too
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

Very solid win for the program tonight and we continue to hold destiny in our hands. Provided they beat Hawaii and Colorado State (with a team this young nothing should be taken for granted) then when Boise State comes to town on November 19 it will be for all the marbles in the Mountain Division, something NOBODY could have imagined 2-3 months ago. That of course is if BSU follows suit and records wins against CSU and Nevada as they should. With the win this evening the Pokes under Bohl improve to 44-35 since the 2016 season.
PokesArePeopleToo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 12 times

PokesArePeopleToo wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:10 am Very solid win for the program tonight and we continue to hold destiny in our hands. Provided they beat Hawaii and Colorado State (with a team this young nothing should be taken for granted) then when Boise State comes to town on November 19 it will be for all the marbles in the Mountain Division, something NOBODY could have imagined 2-3 months ago, and The War will be a MAD HOUSE that evening. That of course is if BSU follows suit and records wins against CSU and Nevada as they should. With the win this evening the Pokes under Bohl improve to 44-35 since the 2016 season.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

I love that this team plays very disciplined and tough. I watched a lot of college football this weekend (again)...and Wyoming's talent does not leap off the screen in any phase of the game....but what does jump out to me is that they tend to play very crisply and with aggression. It doesn't always work out...particularly when we play teams that do have more talent and they are not overlooking us. If the rest of this season goes well, it will be because the guys on this team understand who they are and that if they pull together as a team, they will be right in the mix, even against the better teams.

The victory last night was indeed decisive in every way except on the scoreboard....The muffed punt and the missed long field goal were responsible for every one of USU's points. One more mistake or turnover puts this game back into territory where one of those deep shots actually puts USU into the lead. Even with all that I loved watching Swen and DQ do their thing. I guess what I'm saying is....I'm eyeing the Kool-aid again!!! Help!....
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 10 times

We made some mistakes last night, but rebounded. We did not let them get us down. I was pleased with that. As said above, taking care of business against weaker opponents is imperative for the Boise game. Each game gets bigger. This week it is Hawai'i. We have not won on the islands since the late 90s. It will be a good test for us.

Go Pokes!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

307bball wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:01 am I love that this team plays very disciplined and tough. I watched a lot of college football this weekend (again)...and Wyoming's talent does not leap off the screen in any phase of the game....but what does jump out to me is that they tend to play very crisply and with aggression. It doesn't always work out...particularly when we play teams that do have more talent and they are not overlooking us. If the rest of this season goes well, it will be because the guys on this team understand who they are and that if they pull together as a team, they will be right in the mix, even against the better teams.

The victory last night was indeed decisive in every way except on the scoreboard....The muffed punt and the missed long field goal were responsible for every one of USU's points. One more mistake or turnover puts this game back into territory where one of those deep shots actually puts USU into the lead. Even with all that I loved watching Swen and DQ do their thing. I guess what I'm saying is....I'm eyeing the Kool-aid again!!! Help!....
If AF had beaten Boise I’d be chugging the koolaide. But it’s going to be tough to win out, which is what we’ll probably need to do to win the division . Agree. I feel we finally have a disciplined team that plays with a fire in their belly
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

DeVonne Harris - three sacks! Great game from him. Bertagnole huge game once again. I feel like we beat the piss out of their poor QB. Must have been a long night for that freshman
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:25 am We made some mistakes last night, but rebounded. We did not let them get us down. I was pleased with that. As said above, taking care of business against weaker opponents is imperative for the Boise game. Each game gets bigger. This week it is Hawai'i. We have not won on the islands since the late 90s. It will be a good test for us.

Go Pokes!
Last time was in 1997 to be precise.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 10 times

Wyokie wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:19 am
WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:25 am We made some mistakes last night, but rebounded. We did not let them get us down. I was pleased with that. As said above, taking care of business against weaker opponents is imperative for the Boise game. Each game gets bigger. This week it is Hawai'i. We have not won on the islands since the late 90s. It will be a good test for us.

Go Pokes!
Yep. Hawai'i has won the last two meetings in Honolulu. It would be nice payback for us to win since they whipped our butts last year.

It's a shame they don't play at Aloha Stadium anymore. Now their home venue is some high school looking facility.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_ ... cs_Complex
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:58 am
Wyokie wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:19 am

Go Pokes!
Yep. Hawai'i has won the last two meetings in Honolulu. It would be nice payback for us to win since they whipped our butts last year.

It's a shame they don't play at Aloha Stadium anymore. Now their home venue is some high school looking facility.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarence_ ... cs_Complex
That whole mess over there is a complete poop show. I post on Sports Hawaii and they are just a wee bit pissed at the state government there about the whole mess. Long story. Trust me. Makes me glad I'm from WYOMING!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:20 pm pretty good to see them finally give the ball to DQ. he's legit
Yep, he needs to be in the rotation and used a lot more. With Swen, the style of runner he is would really keep defenses off balance. The kid packs a punch for as small as he is.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 119 times

307bball wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:01 am I love that this team plays very disciplined and tough. I watched a lot of college football this weekend (again)...and Wyoming's talent does not leap off the screen in any phase of the game....but what does jump out to me is that they tend to play very crisply and with aggression. It doesn't always work out...particularly when we play teams that do have more talent and they are not overlooking us. If the rest of this season goes well, it will be because the guys on this team understand who they are and that if they pull together as a team, they will be right in the mix, even against the better teams.

I’m pretty excited to see DQ getting some reps. He will be a great addition.

On defense, I think, what might have been if Sebastian Harsh and Godbout didn’t get injured. The D line would be a BEAST! And they are pretty good without them. Ekeler and Brown are pretty good in the defensive backfield.

And, remember this is a young team - playing dam well.

If we don’t lose to the portal we’ve got a promising future.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Did somebody on the staff convince Bohl that it's okay to be aggressive in end of half situations? I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Let's hope Bohl learned a lesson here.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Poke in New England wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:32 pm Did somebody on the staff convince Bohl that it's okay to be aggressive in end of half situations? I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Let's hope Bohl learned a lesson here.
Exactly! We were discussing this in the stands. None of us could ever recall Bohl in any of his 9 years ever taking a chance before half in our own territory with less than a minute left. That FG was huge in terms of momentum.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 60 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:32 am
Poke in New England wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:32 pm Did somebody on the staff convince Bohl that it's okay to be aggressive in end of half situations? I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Let's hope Bohl learned a lesson here.
Exactly! We were discussing this in the stands. None of us could ever recall Bohl in any of his 9 years ever taking a chance before half in our own territory with less than a minute left. That FG was huge in terms of momentum.
That stood out to me as well. Although I saw it as them finally succeeding in that situation. Without doing a deep dive....I remember them taking a knee into half quite a bit.... But I also remember a lot of them throwing two deep-ish incompletions and then having to punt and giving the opponent a shot at some late points.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Subcanis wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:21 pm Crazy how little we’ve used DQ until now.
Very. Like what in the hell kind of crazy. Let's don't use the fastest guy on the team until game 8. WTF!!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:16 am
Subcanis wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:21 pm Crazy how little we’ve used DQ until now.
Very. Like what in the hell kind of crazy. Let's don't use the fastest guy on the team until game 8. WTF!!
He played a little earlier in the season. Looked zippy! I think he had an injury recently, too.